Chevron logo
Chevron

Chevron Employee Reviews

Found 245 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,520 reviews

Fun workplace

Really enjoy working there as a Sales representative. Great opportunities and lots of skills to learn by working there. Good environment for a new candidate to establish their skills.

I did night shifts

other then having a really messed up sleep schedule going to bed at 7am and there not being any advancements because its just a gas station. it was a really easy job and before the new owners, the old owners were super awesome and didn't mind if i read my books once everything was cleaned for the night and I had no customers. the new owners didn't re-hire any of the old staff. id rate higher if it was still the old owners.

Pros

enough coffee and slurpee's to keep you awake for the shift.

Cons

undesirable customers at night, not often.

Productive and fun work place

Chevron was hands down my favorite job I've had. My boss was amazing, and I knew 90% of my customers by order and name. Fellow employees were great as well.

Pros

People and customer service

Cons

Excellent learning place and helps in dealing with customers services

Busiest place in customer services managerial skills, inventory control flexible Shift hours various locations to work long hour standing job full serve attendant have to stay outside

Pros

Flexible Working Hours

Cons

Limited pay growth

Nice place to work. Every one are professional in dealing with job related problem. Friendly environment. Clean and environmentally friendly work place

knowledge

near bridge nice place very nice people good management i learned how to interac with the people my English has improved managed whole gas station nice and clean store

Not enjoyable management.

The jobs itself was great, dealing with customers on a daily basis and building relationships with the regulars was my favorite. Management on the other hand was terrible. I remember one occasion where I was sick to the point my throat was so swollen I could barely breath let alone swallow any food or drink. I called the manager while in the hospital and they said they didn't care, either I come in or I'm out of a job, this was after 4 months of working there.

Very interesting and busy place

I Liked working at Chevron. I like greeting customers throughout my shift and its never boring working at chevron. I learned to be passionate while solving customer complaints and queries.

Good Environment

Good place to initialise yourself in a new country by meeting hundreds of customers in a day. You can learn so many things here such as customer appreciation, customer greeting, cash register handling, preparing shift reports etc.

Pros

Good team, Well designed

Cons

long hours, nothing new to learn after

Productive work environment,

I enjoyed my time with Chevron, I was able to expand my knowledge base. Excellent work environment Chevron truly believes in a safe work environment for its employees.

Jobs at Chevron

See more jobs

I am a Team worker, Passionate, Reliable, Goal Oriented, Hard Worker, Organised and productive in stressful situations, I am Family man and love sports

Pros

Great Company

Cons

Nothing I can think of

Workplace Culture

Chevron creates a wonderful atmosphere for all their employees. It's an easy going place to work at and the hours are good as well. The hardest part is being on your feet all day.

Pros

Employee Discount

Cons

Long hours on feet

great workplace

it was a great workplace, lots of friendly people and the management team were always there able to help out whenever needed. The hours were great and were not always the same shifts.

Pros

lunch breaks

Cons

lots of standing

Good place to work in

Collaborative work place with emphasis on safety and diversity. Team spirit and regular challenges. At Chevron, they are relentlessly focused on producing safe, reliable energy now and for the future. How are they doing it? By applying the energy they have most in abundance: Human Energy.

No room for personal or professional growth in the company.

Not enough staff, I felt vilified when I had to go to the hospital in an emergency because there was no one to cover my shifts. Otherwise it was a good job, friendly staff, guaranteed shifts every week. After a while it felt like I couldn't go any further though, no benefits, no salary, no raises or better job titles.

management is good, take care in each and every thing

in my opinion, working with Chevron is really good, helps in handle a complicated situation and tells if there is any problem going on, helps in day to day activities and follow all precaution.

Great working evnironment

On a typical day you meet a lot of customers. Learned to multitask and make time sensitive decisions Great workplace culture. Great people. Closing the gas station and managing multiple customers at a time is the most difficult part of this job

Pros

free coffee/slush

Cons

Long standing hours

Professional culture

I worked as a contractor on a major capital project where the culture was significantly different than the Canadian Business Unit. The former has a fun yet professional culture that thrives on results.I cannot speak for the latter.

H & p

My immediate management team was terrific, long hours and days to be successful. Culture has been up and down over the years.The most enjoyable part of the day is the people.

productive

When I started, I wasn't having much customer service and management experience, but slowly I learned to manage things and got into good dealing with the customers and the staff.

Customer service

Working there was an great experience . I learnt a lot of skills from the customers service job . I learned how to handle the situations the customers face . Customers service requires polite , calm and kind nature that the reason I am still working there at the gas station.

Pros

Very friendly employees

Cons

Low income

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4K