Chevron logo
Chevron

Chevron Employee Reviews

Found 245 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,509 reviews

Fun workplace

Really enjoy working there as a Sales representative. Great opportunities and lots of skills to learn by working there. Good environment for a new candidate to establish their skills.

some decent employees and good equipment

Toxic work environment with little to weak leadership and support within the field group. the work area and equipmentg to be worked with was new and easy to work with.

Pros

good shift

Cons

lack of leadership

Great company

Large corporation with a family type environment worked with people who insured you to do good work and safety was always key to having a good day. RyAn

Amazing environment and company to work with, Great safety culture

A typical day at work begins with a meeting of all staffs in the unit, after which I proceed with client registration and conduct screening for employees that scheduled for medical screening( PPMS- Periodic Preventive Medical Screening, Audio-metric Screening, Vision Screening, Pulmonary Function Test, Drug and Alcohol Screening, ECG and Functional Capacity Evaluations). One key learning for me in my organization is being a team player. The organization has an amazing safety and diversity culture. In face the company slogan is Do it safely or not at all, there is always time to do it right. The hardest part of the job is having an encounter with clients that has life threatening medical conditions. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the joy in the faces of clients that I have rendered services to.

Pros

Encourage diversity and teamwork

We got acquired then we all got fired.

Our owner sold the store, two people got let go before it ever switched hands, and then the remaining two of us we fired under dubious circumstances and last I checked everything was run by his family members.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Meth addicts

Process oriented company with loads of templates for projects. demanding and result oriented management. pay is great and excellent atmosphere. little

Best Management I ever worked under

Simply put, the couple who owned the stations I worked at were the best owners and managers ever. They were friendly, flexible, and cared about their employees. They are big part of the reason why I've been able to live on my own and keep attending school with minimal interference. The people and community there are tight-knit and supportive, something that's hard to find in other jobs of similar nature. This was the placed were I learned all my best customer service skills, till and cash flow management, and site security procedures. Customers were always the hardest part of the job (dealing with various levels of deluded entitlement) but knowing that the team has your back takes a huge amount of the stress off.

Pros

Discounts at restaurant, great community

Cons

Unpredictable equipment, no benefits.

Nice workplace with high sense of safety culture

Challenging environment to work with a talented workforce to generate innovative ideas, great benefits. A high priority for safety on how work is done, a diverse and inclusive work environment.

depressing Job at 8th street

The last two years at chevron have been a depressing time, I have been working there for the past 4 years and the last two was taken under new management. I felt like I have been disrespected. I have been in the customer services for 5 years now and 3 prier to new management and being told what to do by new employees whom don't know the job them self's. it was stressful not knowing what days I worked cause the constant changing of schedules with out my knowledge. Also the lack of supply's and equipment that was provided for me was sad, Had to bring me own rubber cloves and rags form my home to clean stuff like toilets and pumps. there was no team work and did all labour work well the rest sat one there phones and sitting in chairs. I worked for another Chevron and never have I seen any thing like this, Now I do recommend chevron as a great place to work just the one i was at was not good at any point. chevron is a nice place to work. its a great way to build communication skills

Review

awesome place to work, awesome people to work with. it was a very uplifting and encouraging environment, customers were amazing and life long relationships were developed.

Jobs at Chevron

See more jobs

Excellent company, would go back.

Chevron provides excellent technical training and career opportunities. They hire people who will fit in to their culture and I felt I got along with everyone, regardless of where they worked in the world.

Pros

Career opportunity and training, work life balance

Cons

Bureaucracy

High stress job for Store Manager

Unless you intend on becoming a franchise operator with a large amount of cash to invest then this is only a basic minimum wage type job. I was going for a franchise operator and trained in a special program but due to sudden and drastic corporate restructuring at the time it became unfeasible for me to continue to do so.

Pros

benefit of being of franchise business owner

Cons

high stress, long working hours

politics & stress

This work place is tooo stressful and far too policitical, it is certainly not a good place to be, certainly not a good place to work. I can not reccomend.

Great established business, great atmosphere

I enjoyed my time working here. It was very busy which made the time go very fast. The customers were great. I would be very interested in returning to work there.

Pros

Busy place, lots of customer interaction.

Cons

Very few

Good pay! Diversified and respectful colleagues.

Excellent workplace. Good career advancement. International assignment opportunities. Challenging jobs. Good training programs. Supportive leadership!

productive and fun place

it was good company to work for. management is pretty good get to learn about the safety wonderful place to learn new experiences get to know more people

Great company to work for

Great people, work life balance, enjoyed working there and the team I was on. Treated consultants just like employees. Lots of room for growth if you're an employee.

Decent starting point as a first job for a young person

It exposes you to life and hard work. It also enables you to appreciate the good things in life that people work for. It can be tough with outdoor work since Richmond is all full service gas stations.

Productive very fun workplace. Very flexible for work hours.

Great company was a very good job to gain lots of experience for my first job. Learnt lots working for this company I gained customer service and retail exoeriance.

Pros

Time and a half on hoildays

Cons

Minuim wage

Just another customer service job.

Just another customer service job, not too hard job and do not expect much in terms of pay and benefits. Management do not care about workers, just want the work.

Work life balance at all company instalaltion

Each day begins with a safety focused team meeting. Results are achieved that right way and employees are encouraged to speak up. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction that comes when a project is completed without any incidents.

Pros

Meals, boarding and recreational facilities.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4K