Chevron Employee Reviews

Very good company with great corporate culture and diversification of opportunities in the company.
Facilities Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary29 November 2016
Great new graduate program and development opportunities for young professionals, with office and field exposure. Good culture and lots of opportunities to network with other employees and develop relationships with coworkers not only at work, but outside of work. Good mentorship provided and feedback on performance throughout the year.
Nice place
CSR/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 November 2016
It was a nice time at Chevron. The seniors were very helpful and learnt the aspects of leadership and team management from the staff and management. It was nice,
fast paced work environment.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC2 November 2016
A typical day at Chevron would start with till reconcilation and would include preparing reports about fuel inventory with customer service as a priority.
i basically learned how to work in a fast paced environment with a good team leader and a player.
Pros
Free Slurpies.
Cons
Back to back shifts
Very restricted working enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC31 October 2016
Chevron Canada is a very large company, however it is extremely hard to advance within. The work itself is quite simple and easy to master. However, once you know the basics, there is hardly any more learning to be done. There is no real way to earn any sort of advancement, and over all is a decent first or short-term job.
Pros
Very simple work
Cons
No breaks, boring shifts, poor management
Good
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC30 October 2016
Nice management but the location is worst during winter time.. and it runs by others person.. and they are reducing the per hour rate.. from 12 to 11.25 ..
Good
Cons
Shory hours
Fast, but great for customer service experience.
Gas Attendant (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC23 October 2016
A typical day at work is starting early, and greeting many different customers, and mostly regulars at the station, fueling their vehicles, and other things such as tire pressure and oil checks. I learned how to check tire pressure, and add air to a tire, properly and safely fuel a car, and check and top up oil in a car. The management are good, friendly and pretty reasonable. My co-workers are so friendly, and are always nice to me, and are willing to help whenever i need it. The hardest part of my job is when I have to work out in a busy rush by myself. Most enjoyable part is meeting new and familiar faces of customers I've met before.
Pros
Free coffee, free slushies.
Cons
Sometimes working alone at busy times.
Excellent place to start work to improve Customer Service Skills
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 September 2016
A typical day at work will be so lively as there will b continuous flow of customers. I started my career in customer service to improve my communication skills, which i think i accomplished it. At any work place the co workers and Management makes a huge impact on our work ability and I am thankful that i got the perfect working environment. The most enjoyable part in this work is customer service and meeting my goals.
learning with enjoy
Associate Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 September 2016
I am enjoying dealing with customers. I love to deal with people from different countries. I learn how to operate point of sale machine and stock up of products. I can manage customers at two till machines to prevent line up of customers. When customer wish me back with a big smile, give pleasure state. My co-workers are friendly. I enjoy the company of them. No specific break time for breakfast or lunch.
gas,junk food, and drinks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  white rock B.C.24 August 2016
i liked working there. i have learn so much from there. the only i had to leave there was because the owner had to sell the store. but overall i liked working there.
Lessons for future to grow and learn.
Customer service and Manager (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC18 August 2016
Learned a lot about delegation of authority and responsibility, training new employees, working with people from different culture, provide excellent customer service and respect everyone's views, lead by example and more.
a lunch brake a bathroom brake and a kind word once in a whill
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Aldergrove, BC9 August 2016
I walk in and I say hi how are you doing and can I do eney thing for you do you have to go to the washroom or do you need a little break. them I start to do my duties I learn to be kind to people to work the till and other devices there. the boss is a good guy get along with him fine and my co-workers really like me they all wount to work with me trying to understand some coustmers in the morring whene I see all my good regalers custmers come in for coffee. and we joke around. ha ha .
Pros
i like the work and the peolpe
Cons
the new boss did not hire anufe stafe for my liking 1 more person would work better for all stafe
very interesting place to work
Chashier and full server (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC5 July 2016
I really like the maintenance of the gas station and and the rules and regulations are pretty good. I liked working at chevron gas station because of very friendly behaviour with costumers and staff. And also the way helping the costumer.
work work and work
Retail Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 June 2016
you have to work hard to keep your store clean.you have to impress the supervisor so that owner wont loose the store.
Great company
Project Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Venezuela13 June 2016
a multinational company that gives you the opportunity to learn lots of good stuff, what';s the core business and how you impact into it if you dont'get the job done. a place when you can meet the entire world since its culture diversity allow you to meet people and strength great work relatioship.
Pros
overseas training, technology reasources, work relationship
Cons
things get a bit harder when oil prices dictate the economics of the company
chevron town pantry
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC28 May 2016
I was a full time csr at chevron in Langley bc. I enjoyed working with all those great people. Working there for awhile I got to meet a lot of great people I now call my friends.
Like a fun and productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 May 2016
My main objective as an employee, and where I gained the most enjoyment was when you could work as a team to make the workplace the most positive environment possible. the frustration, is that many workers, lack sufficient organizational skills, and the anything will do attitude. I like doing tasks that have a good before and after affect. Where you get a true sense of accomplishment. I enjoy customer service, providing efficient , effective customer interaction. I like it when it is busy, providing we have the proper staffing, so that customer service is not sacrificed . As a manager, I like to delegate, cross train employees, I have noticed that some managers are micro managers, and fail to delegate, therefore not giving their staff the proper opportunity to show their stuff and potential. Give the staff a chance to take on responsibility , their job becomes more interesting and it promotes the team concept.
Pros
na
Cons
wages are lower than the industry standard
Seemed like a good company at the time....
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 May 2016
My personal experience was not a good one. The "Chevron Way" by some management was just talk. Overall it is a good company but in our present economy there were definitely challenging times.
Pros
Every second Friday off
productive and fun
Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 May 2016
Chevron offers a truly global and collaborative work experience. You'll team up with some of the best and brightest people in locations around the world using leading edge technology to create energy solutions. And you'll discover a world of extraordinary opportunity, challenge and fulfillment where you can pursue goals, develop new skills, change career paths, and explore new horizons.
Pros
free gas
Cons
work 7 days
Fun place , room for advancement,
Customer Service / Cashier / Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC4 May 2016
Need to work diligently,but be aware of possible customers at all times . In the 15 years that I worked in Port Coquitlam, 11 years for the Chevron station at Shaughessy and Wilson . 4 years at the Shell station at Lougheed Hwy. and Pipeline is because I had good & fare employers, I would've stayed longer working for them if they hadn't retired . During my time at Chevron I got "employee of the month" 13 times and during the time with Shell, I received it 7 times . While I worked for both of them I got a total of 11 perfect scores on "mystery shoppers" program . The hardest part of the job for me to learn was customer service, the most enjoyable part of the job eventually was customer service . Because once you get comfortable with all the different aspects of the service industry, the job becomes easy( at least it did for me). The most enjoyable part of the job is when you start receiving employee of the month & perfect scores from the "mystery shopper program".
Pros
If you work diligently, you can reap the rewards .
Cons
You start at minimum wage .
Great Company - tough oil environment
HES Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2016
Chevron is a wonderful company but unfortunately like others in the Energy market faces some tough climate in the near future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.

51K