Chevron logo
Chevron

Chevron Employee Reviews

Found 245 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,520 reviews

Fun workplace

Really enjoy working there as a Sales representative. Great opportunities and lots of skills to learn by working there. Good environment for a new candidate to establish their skills.

productive and fun workplace

great place to work on and good way to learn inventory, management skills and cash handling.helpful in learning teamwork.customer service is considered as the most.

I have nothing to say

I have nothing to say. It was not a fun place to work, dealing with drugies and ungreatful customers. Management played favourites so not all were treated the same.

Excellent Experience

This was a short duration position, at the refinery, for a maintenance shut down. During this time employees worked 12 - 16 hours a day 7 days per week.

Pros

Excellent people.

Cons

Short duration.

was a good place to work until head office fired everyone without notice during a coorperate take over

I really enjoyed the work but the head office totally screwed everyone that worked there over without a second thought. it was a good job for highschool students

Site Administrator

I was very fortunate to get to work on Site with an amazing Chief Inspector. Very patient and kind boss to all his crew. Kept everyone on task in a calm motivated fashion. One of the best places i have ever worked. Always considerate of family emergencies or weather related worries. I would work for this division any time they asked me too.

Overall my experience in working at chevron is getting better to best.

When someone learn how to deal with customer, i think that is the only thing which increases your confidence in any job. Working at chevron is helpful for me.

Good environment for work

it was great time for me while i was working with chevron. i learned so many new things that i never know before.our team was so nice i enjoyed work with them.

good

it was a great company. the employer was a great guy. it is a fun job to start with. i loved working with the company and the employer was a great guy .

Chevron Town Pantry

I loved working there as my first job , I had great staff and management. However I was only making minimum wage would have liked to have made more considering all the job duties I did , and was only working part time. Would have liked to have more hours but overall it was just a temporary job for me at the time so I’m happy with the experience I got from this job.

Pros

Great First job

Cons

Not enough hours I got

Jobs at Chevron

See more jobs

Horrible Owner

no paid overtime, management is all about cost saving, cutting corner everywhere, lying, you name it, typical bad thing owner will do at workplace. :(

Productive workplace

Keeping busy through the night cleaning stocking, and serving the customers as best as I could, helped make the night go fast. The job was not difficult. I would still be there today if the new manager wasn't so threatened by my good nature.

Pros

The customers were fun.

Cons

There weren't any

Great Environment

I loved working for a company that valued safety, responsibility, and work life balance. Working in a smaller department gave me the joy of working in a more intimate environment while getting the perks of an large overseas corporation.

Pros

Flexible Hours

Cons

Small room for errors

Productive fu. Work place with nice people to work with and awesome costumers

Very nice friendly place to work I was going to school and working so they were very very flexible with me and my hours while working and going to school

Pros

Lunch breaks

Cons

No sitting

Productive workplace with helpfull and hard working colleagues

Flexible working hours Similar working schedule Team work Day to Day task completion Strong money managing skills multi tasking job Keeping track of inventory and refills as required.

family feeling

We all got along well, employees and employers. I really enjoyed working there for the 5 years I was there. We all covered for each other when emergency time off was needed and during holidays.

Pros

everyone was flexible with hours

Excellent Place to learn customer service

I got great customer skills from this job as well as the management skills. Its a great place to make new friends everyday. I worked in a small town at Chevron, it was like a home for me,

great place to work and pursue your dreams...whatever they may be

Fun place to work with lots of opportunities for growth. Major focus on work/life balance, employee development and best of all, good employee benefits

Great work place

Management needs a little leadership training but all in all, is a great place to work. The field personnel actually care about worker safety and will not put a worker in harms way.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Leadership

Poor management

The managers didn't care about their employees. There were some very questionable things happening with some employees, and management did nothing when numerous people brought this to their attention. The hours were nice and it was pretty easy to get time off, but it wasn't worth it for me.

A large company with plenty of opportunities globally, but can be slow on career advancement

Although Chevron is a global company, since the downturn, it's become very difficult to get positions overseas, and upwards mobility has all but stopped. It has plenty of great people, and many experts in every area of petroleum engineering, so it's a great place to learn and grow. However, they are also so process driven, that about half of your time is consumed on non-value-adding tasks simply to comply with a variety of processes.

Pros

Every second Friday off, competitive salaries

Cons

Very process oriented. Slow in adapting to change.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4K