Chevron Employee Reviews

The People make the Job
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC14 November 2017
The job is not difficult. However, customer relations is a big part of it, and if that is neglected, it leads to an unsatisfying and dry working environment. It trains one to interact with people from different walks of life and occasionally learn a great deal from them. Although is not highly paid (some might say, very badly indeed), if one does it for a limited period of time, it is bound to make one more appreciative of the nuances of the daily
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC13 November 2017
-Even with a small gas station , one needs to find work in order to learn more
- i learnt how to be quick with every task i was given and making sure on maintaining good customer service
Pros
friendly mentor
Cons
chevron shirts were in a very inappropriate state .
Consistent work and always with a team
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 October 2017
The Chevron is well organized company and I worked with the company consistently for almost 2 years.
The best part is always working with in a team.
The hard part is sometimes the language barriers like some people does not know English well, so sometimes it becomes hard to understand them. However, it teaches you how to handle them with proper manners and with excellent service.
The most enjoyable part is to work with the people from different parts of the world.
Fun part-time job
Full Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC4 October 2017
It is a fun part-time job or second job for extra money. Get to meet lots of new people. As i said it is a fun job, smile and greet people and you will have a good time.
Productive place, Nights
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC27 August 2017
In Chevron I used to work as cashier and normally I have to do the night shifts so I have a good hand on cleaning stuff as well, also this job give me good experience of customer service.
pretty cool
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Revelstoke, BC3 August 2017
it was really fun working there very laid back and easy i enjoyed it alot the only bad thing was how rude people were sometimes it was worse than any other job
Not worth the stress
Employee (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC31 July 2017
No benefits, minimum wage, with no chance to work your way up. It's stressful always cleaning up other peoples messes, and having to deal with customers that don't understand how payment systems work and demand to speak with management that isn't there.
The Company who does the right thing at the right time
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  National Capital Region31 July 2017
To do one's task in accordance with the values and operational excellence of the company which are work with diversity and inclusion, high performance, customer focus, safety and work-life balance
Pros
safety and work-life balance
I enjoyed working for Chavron,
Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee) –  Fox Creek, AB14 July 2017
Chevron management treated me with respect and appreciated the work I did for them. They included their contractors in all events such as Christmas parties, barbecues, camp outs, golf tournaments etc.
I was also supplied with some PPE such as coveralls and paid for safety courses.
I enjoyed working for Chevron.
Pros
Chevron rewarded me as a contractor the same as their full time employees.
Cons
There was no serious cons during my employment with Chevron.
Fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 July 2017
Nice job but less pay with no benefits. Would be fun if it has a proper management but overall the job is good for beginners and for the students who wish to study side by side.
A place that allows you to grow.
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC3 July 2017
One of the main things I learned, is time sensitivity. Most Chevron locations are independently owned and operated, though multiple locations may be owned by the same person. The location I was at was slow enough there was normally only one person on per shift, so you quickly learn how to multi-task and get things done while serving customers. Customers are normally cheery, but occasionally you will run into grumpy customers who are not pleased, as with any customer service roll. They will teach you the basics, and hope for the best. My personal experience, it was not worth the stress.
Pros
1 free slushie or 1 free coffee per day, but you must use your own cup.
Cons
Not much support; doesn't feel like a team environment.
Good work culture
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Trail, BC3 June 2017
working is always fun here people are friendly and cooperative
loved the environment ,learned lots of things , got exposure

meet with different people everyday that enhanced my interpersonal skills
fun place to work
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC23 May 2017
interact with customers.

help customers pump gas.

cashier.

working in a team environment.

inventory and stock.

clean up gas spills in a safe manor.
Good place to work.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 May 2017
Chevron was a good entry level job. It provided training in customer service and time management skills. It was a gas station so you basically deal with customers all day.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No room for growth
Decent job, bad hours and site management
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC3 May 2017
I enjoyed most of the time i spent at Chevron, but I did have my own problems with the store management, who had asked me to bring in something to say i was never going to have another problem with my medical issues so i could return to work after having issues at home. Hardest part would have had to been when it was extremely packed but I pushed through it. Best part was working with my co-workers who were all very helpful and friendly.
Overall, a great work environment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BC3 March 2017
A typical day at work ... there is none. Customers can make or break you. You have your regulars, and then you have those customers that you wish had never stepped foot through the door.
Most of the co-workers are helpful, dedicated, and friendly.
Good coworkers and management
Cashier and Full Serve Attendant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC20 February 2017
Learned how to work the cash register and brushed up on stocking and inventory skills.
Also learned how to make coffee and work the lottery machine.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
No pension
knowledgeable, fun work place, team work, good interpersonal Relationships
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 February 2017
There was a busy day at work and same day our store's Grocery and Tobacco order got delivered. I was working in the morning and there was a time to get off from work I was fixing groceries and my Boss just entered in the Store. Evening shift staff also came in. I, my Boss and Evening Stall worked as a Team and everything was done very easily and in order. Then my Boss ordered the Pizza and we all had fun day at work. I am really thankful to all my Chevron Team.
Pros
$50 Gift cards to each staff on Christmas, new year etc. 25% discount for each staff from their Triple O's Restaurant they own.
Convience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC9 February 2017
Day at work is to show up, serve customers, clean & stock.
Management work was to do paperwork, count cash & clean.
Management was both good and bad. Depends on her mood.
Pros
Good owner
Cons
No benefits, no discounts in store
This employment goes back 20 years.
Compensation and Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 January 2017
This employment goes back 20 years. It would be too dated to have any application to the Company today. I suggest it not be integrated with your other related information for this Company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.

51K