Chevron logo
Chevron

Chevron Employee Reviews

Found 245 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,519 reviews

Fun workplace

Really enjoy working there as a Sales representative. Great opportunities and lots of skills to learn by working there. Good environment for a new candidate to establish their skills.

Good work experience

excellent, good people to work for, professional, work ethic excellent, safety came first all the time, communication was good. working with all departments was easy to deal with.

we need to promote the products and satisfy the customer without complain

I worked for a retailer not directly with Chevron. As an employer I need to take care of the place such as cash register,Inventory,Maintain outside pumping station, solving customer complaint ect.,

Location wise branch was never busy, few customers. Nice place to work

Good place to work. Enjoyed my time there since it was my first ever job in Canada. Worked from afternoon till closing. The other cashiers who worked the shift before mine were amazingly helpful, and manager was a great guy!

A throw away job

Externally high turn over. Your treated poorly by the general public, you’re not paid well and your expected to do a great deal of work with little reward

Overall good experience

I learned a lot of new things. variety of customers to deal with. rational decision making. cash handling, sending reports to head office. Good teamwork. The hardest part of work to clean pumps in winters. evening shift on weekends because its busy and love to meet new customers and have good conversation while their purchase so they can visit again.

Demanding windshield time

Windshield time was excessive: 5 000 KM/Month. Traveling throughout Alberta from the Southern tip to the Norther Tip. Average of 3 nights/week sleeping away from home.

Stagnant

It's ok except the assistant manager hit on my bf right in front of me. No class whatsoever. If she wanted to take him away why didn't she?! But when she got a bf, she didn't like when i gave her a taste of her own medicine lol

Pros

Mystery shops, minimum wage going up.

Cons

No lunch breaks, can't request long weekends off

Very Professional, relaxed.

I enjoyed working with the people involved with the project. In the office and in the field, the people were very pleasant to work with. The clearing crew, and access crews were on schedule as per plan. One of the access crews did clear an unmarked access, we reported this incident to the BC OGC office. OGC representative was out and recorded the incident, no penalties were submitted and we were commended for making the report out and submitting it to them.

productive and fast paced environment

as a team member it is always to be good to work there. fast paced environment. management system was good and favorable. most enjoyable part was learning and developing business skills.

Jobs at Chevron

See more jobs

Slow Career Progression

After passing a year and a few months, I found many people around me are not happy working at Chevron. For me, it was still okay as I am still not so old employee. But then after inquiring a bit, I found there are very little options for promotion and there is a lot of competition. So I become a bit frustrated and I started feeling the amount of work I am doing, I am not getting paid enough with respect to my contribution to the overall profit of the company. Colleagues were really nice, I found the HR of the organization does not have a good plan for the employee's career ladder.

can Be a great place to work

Consider who the retailer or owner of the station is. Chevron itself is a precessional company, but if the station is run by tyrants or absent owners than the job sucks, if you have any job integrity. I was lucky enough to have fabulous bosses, so my experience was very positive

Good but my income is very low

Nice to be work here but pay rate is not good thats why i am searching for new job.It is very difficult to adjust my expenses on this rate.So thats why I am looking for new job.

Amazing work environment

Usually worked morning shift Took care of placing order and stock up. Greet customers politely Set up schedule Solved technical problems with ease. Experience with lotto max.

Overall a good place to work with good management

Chevron was ok place to work got fulltime work as promised manager easy going understanding owner noticed my hard work and increased my wage accordingly which wsd nice to be recognized there is p opportunity for advance ment

productive and fun loving environment

It was a really enjoyable atmosphere . Even the co-workers were really cooperative and helpful. I enjoyed a lot . I acquired a lot of customer Service experience that added experience to my life. the management was really expert and helpful in each and every aspect of life.

fine place to work

i learned how to use a change counting machine and a lottery machine nights were kinda boring not alot to do cleaned alot and reorgainzed things people were nice

Good experience

Chevron is a best place to work. Its a fast place for working. I have learned a lot of things like my customer service was improved so much. Also i had the opportunity to became assistant manager and it helped me to learn managerial stuffs too.

Good company to work with

Chevron provides good support for the career development of its employees. Slow promotion rate. Chevron has set up a parallel training institute at Glasgow where all employees have to clear certain courses inspite of having the required training licenses from their respective national governments. Major difference in the salaries of the employees depending upon the nationality.

Management ruined the experience

I thought Chevron was supposed to be a great company to work for but the management team at my station ruined it . There was biased treatment for different employees, they cut hours so they didn't have to pay overtime , length of breaks did not correspond with length of shifts, worked every stat holiday but not paid for it, the supervisor and manager liked to ridicule employees on the work online website. Didn't know defamation of character was an acceptable practice while working for Chevron. Maybe it is just the management at this station but work ethics and lack of respect is so blatantly obvious. Very disappointed with this company!!!

Chevron is a very productive Company and have a good work life balance

Chevron is actually a wonderful company to work with, they have good safety culture which in turn protect the life of all employees and contractor working in the company.

Pros

We have free Lunch for all employees

Cons

Long hours when necessary with extra pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4K