Chevron

Clear
3.6Pay & benefits

Found 72 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,548 reviews

Fun workplace

Really enjoy working there as a Sales representative. Great opportunities and lots of skills to learn by working there. Good environment for a new candidate to establish their skills.

Don’t even think of making a career out of this job

Most people working at chevron are new immigrants. It’s an ok place to start working at as a cashier to get some experience in customer service & retail and go from there. Work-life balance is ok. Management is not very professional either, those poor guys are also just biting their time there, looking for a better job. Don’t expect a good pay, all gas stations will pay just the base hourly pay. You get to deal with all the homelesspeople which is never fun. I used to call 911 literally every 2nd day. Most of the times you(the cashier) will be working all alone at the gas station which is not easy and can be very dangerous. Under no circumstances think of making a career out of this job.

Its a good job.

Its a very socsal place to work and i enjoy meeting new people each day. New interesting stories from different people each day. i really do enjoy working here.

Pros

social

Cons

drug addicts

Good people to work with. The company as a whole cared about peoples heath and safety. Was a great experience to work for a company that actually cared.

Pros

Part of team

Cons

Remote locations

productive and fun work environment

it was great to work at Chevron. Management was very caring,supportive. They made every problem very easy to work for at workplace. They explain everything in perfect way. Overall it was a great experience.

fun, independent, hardworker

my days were a simple routine. i came to work, did stock up, paperwork, and sent my breaks. after that i did cash, and finished the paperwork. i then went onto orders and cleaning up the gas station.

its good to be a part of chevron

i love to work in such a great organization. Pros Positive company culture, great people, projects, and opportunities. Excellent training program/professional development. Cons No significant cons - but would love to see some Canada-based ETC geoscience contributors and global new venture opportunities.

Excellent

Good environment.. good pay package.. respectfull management.. good growth opportunity. I would surely recommend people to work for Chevron. Little hard to get a store to own.

Would definitely work there again

Worked extended hours 7 days per week, 10 to 12 hour days. Great people to work with. The extended hours do not slow for a balanced work family life.

Great place to work!

I had the opportunity to work for one of the best companies in NA. Chevron is a employee focused company with so many opportunities for advancement. this company is dedicated to saftey and well-being. The benefits are fantastic and the overall culture was amazing!

Jobs at Chevron

See more jobs

Good work experience

excellent, good people to work for, professional, work ethic excellent, safety came first all the time, communication was good. working with all departments was easy to deal with.

Location wise branch was never busy, few customers. Nice place to work

Good place to work. Enjoyed my time there since it was my first ever job in Canada. Worked from afternoon till closing. The other cashiers who worked the shift before mine were amazingly helpful, and manager was a great guy!

Demanding windshield time

Windshield time was excessive: 5 000 KM/Month. Traveling throughout Alberta from the Southern tip to the Norther Tip. Average of 3 nights/week sleeping away from home.

Slow Career Progression

After passing a year and a few months, I found many people around me are not happy working at Chevron. For me, it was still okay as I am still not so old employee. But then after inquiring a bit, I found there are very little options for promotion and there is a lot of competition. So I become a bit frustrated and I started feeling the amount of work I am doing, I am not getting paid enough with respect to my contribution to the overall profit of the company. Colleagues were really nice, I found the HR of the organization does not have a good plan for the employee's career ladder.

Chevron is a very productive Company and have a good work life balance

Chevron is actually a wonderful company to work with, they have good safety culture which in turn protect the life of all employees and contractor working in the company.

Pros

We have free Lunch for all employees

Cons

Long hours when necessary with extra pay

Site Administrator

I was very fortunate to get to work on Site with an amazing Chief Inspector. Very patient and kind boss to all his crew. Kept everyone on task in a calm motivated fashion. One of the best places i have ever worked. Always considerate of family emergencies or weather related worries. I would work for this division any time they asked me too.

good

it was a great company. the employer was a great guy. it is a fun job to start with. i loved working with the company and the employer was a great guy .

Great Environment

I loved working for a company that valued safety, responsibility, and work life balance. Working in a smaller department gave me the joy of working in a more intimate environment while getting the perks of an large overseas corporation.

Pros

Flexible Hours

Cons

Small room for errors

great place to work and pursue your dreams...whatever they may be

Fun place to work with lots of opportunities for growth. Major focus on work/life balance, employee development and best of all, good employee benefits

Great work place

Management needs a little leadership training but all in all, is a great place to work. The field personnel actually care about worker safety and will not put a worker in harms way.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Leadership

A large company with plenty of opportunities globally, but can be slow on career advancement

Although Chevron is a global company, since the downturn, it's become very difficult to get positions overseas, and upwards mobility has all but stopped. It has plenty of great people, and many experts in every area of petroleum engineering, so it's a great place to learn and grow. However, they are also so process driven, that about half of your time is consumed on non-value-adding tasks simply to comply with a variety of processes.

Pros

Every second Friday off, competitive salaries

Cons

Very process oriented. Slow in adapting to change.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4K