Chevron

Clear
3.4Job security & advancement

Found 69 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,548 reviews

Fun workplace

Really enjoy working there as a Sales representative. Great opportunities and lots of skills to learn by working there. Good environment for a new candidate to establish their skills.

Don’t even think of making a career out of this job

Most people working at chevron are new immigrants. It’s an ok place to start working at as a cashier to get some experience in customer service & retail and go from there. Work-life balance is ok. Management is not very professional either, those poor guys are also just biting their time there, looking for a better job. Don’t expect a good pay, all gas stations will pay just the base hourly pay. You get to deal with all the homelesspeople which is never fun. I used to call 911 literally every 2nd day. Most of the times you(the cashier) will be working all alone at the gas station which is not easy and can be very dangerous. Under no circumstances think of making a career out of this job.

Not Organised

Poor Management, low wages, no job security, Not organised form of function.Fast paced, challenging.No lunch breaks as of single person shift. Difficult to handle everything by yourself

Hardworking, honesty, kindness

The experience at chevron was amazing as well as challenging. Like we have to work like a professional and also have to do multitasking. It was tough in beginning but its really fun after i learned all the tasks.

Pros

I came to meet many new people and learn a lot’s of new things about the place I’m living in.

Cons

Less working hours and abusive comments

Good people to work with. The company as a whole cared about peoples heath and safety. Was a great experience to work for a company that actually cared.

Pros

Part of team

Cons

Remote locations

its good to be a part of chevron

i love to work in such a great organization. Pros Positive company culture, great people, projects, and opportunities. Excellent training program/professional development. Cons No significant cons - but would love to see some Canada-based ETC geoscience contributors and global new venture opportunities.

Excellent

Good environment.. good pay package.. respectfull management.. good growth opportunity. I would surely recommend people to work for Chevron. Little hard to get a store to own.

Great place to work!

I had the opportunity to work for one of the best companies in NA. Chevron is a employee focused company with so many opportunities for advancement. this company is dedicated to saftey and well-being. The benefits are fantastic and the overall culture was amazing!

Got to learn new things, but low pay

I got to learn a lot of new things during my time with Chevron which can be carried over to possible future jobs and I had a very nice manager. Pay is low but that is expected for gas stations.

Stagnant

It's ok except the assistant manager hit on my bf right in front of me. No class whatsoever. If she wanted to take him away why didn't she?! But when she got a bf, she didn't like when i gave her a taste of her own medicine lol

Pros

Mystery shops, minimum wage going up.

Cons

No lunch breaks, can't request long weekends off

Jobs at Chevron

See more jobs

productive and fast paced environment

as a team member it is always to be good to work there. fast paced environment. management system was good and favorable. most enjoyable part was learning and developing business skills.

Slow Career Progression

After passing a year and a few months, I found many people around me are not happy working at Chevron. For me, it was still okay as I am still not so old employee. But then after inquiring a bit, I found there are very little options for promotion and there is a lot of competition. So I become a bit frustrated and I started feeling the amount of work I am doing, I am not getting paid enough with respect to my contribution to the overall profit of the company. Colleagues were really nice, I found the HR of the organization does not have a good plan for the employee's career ladder.

Overall a good place to work with good management

Chevron was ok place to work got fulltime work as promised manager easy going understanding owner noticed my hard work and increased my wage accordingly which wsd nice to be recognized there is p opportunity for advance ment

productive and fun loving environment

It was a really enjoyable atmosphere . Even the co-workers were really cooperative and helpful. I enjoyed a lot . I acquired a lot of customer Service experience that added experience to my life. the management was really expert and helpful in each and every aspect of life.

Good experience

Chevron is a best place to work. Its a fast place for working. I have learned a lot of things like my customer service was improved so much. Also i had the opportunity to became assistant manager and it helped me to learn managerial stuffs too.

Good company to work with

Chevron provides good support for the career development of its employees. Slow promotion rate. Chevron has set up a parallel training institute at Glasgow where all employees have to clear certain courses inspite of having the required training licenses from their respective national governments. Major difference in the salaries of the employees depending upon the nationality.

Overall my experience in working at chevron is getting better to best.

When someone learn how to deal with customer, i think that is the only thing which increases your confidence in any job. Working at chevron is helpful for me.

good

it was a great company. the employer was a great guy. it is a fun job to start with. i loved working with the company and the employer was a great guy .

Great Environment

I loved working for a company that valued safety, responsibility, and work life balance. Working in a smaller department gave me the joy of working in a more intimate environment while getting the perks of an large overseas corporation.

Pros

Flexible Hours

Cons

Small room for errors

Excellent Place to learn customer service

I got great customer skills from this job as well as the management skills. Its a great place to make new friends everyday. I worked in a small town at Chevron, it was like a home for me,

great place to work and pursue your dreams...whatever they may be

Fun place to work with lots of opportunities for growth. Major focus on work/life balance, employee development and best of all, good employee benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4K
1.7K

3.4Job security/advancement

Compare Chevron with

• Chevron
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?