Chevron logo
Chevron

Chevron Employee Reviews for Gas Station Attendant

Found 23 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,519 reviews

Chevron Town Pantry

I loved working there as my first job , I had great staff and management. However I was only making minimum wage would have liked to have made more considering all the job duties I did , and was only working part time. Would have liked to have more hours but overall it was just a temporary job for me at the time so I’m happy with the experience I got from this job.

Pros

Great First job

Cons

Not enough hours I got

not terrible

decent job for someone out of high school or in school. not much else really. The attendants that I worked with were all great people. Low pay. low hours, and boring

Management ruined the experience

I thought Chevron was supposed to be a great company to work for but the management team at my station ruined it . There was biased treatment for different employees, they cut hours so they didn't have to pay overtime , length of breaks did not correspond with length of shifts, worked every stat holiday but not paid for it, the supervisor and manager liked to ridicule employees on the work online website. Didn't know defamation of character was an acceptable practice while working for Chevron. Maybe it is just the management at this station but work ethics and lack of respect is so blatantly obvious. Very disappointed with this company!!!

Best Management I ever worked under

Simply put, the couple who owned the stations I worked at were the best owners and managers ever. They were friendly, flexible, and cared about their employees. They are big part of the reason why I've been able to live on my own and keep attending school with minimal interference. The people and community there are tight-knit and supportive, something that's hard to find in other jobs of similar nature. This was the placed were I learned all my best customer service skills, till and cash flow management, and site security procedures. Customers were always the hardest part of the job (dealing with various levels of deluded entitlement) but knowing that the team has your back takes a huge amount of the stress off.

Pros

Discounts at restaurant, great community

Cons

Unpredictable equipment, no benefits.

Decent starting point as a first job for a young person

It exposes you to life and hard work. It also enables you to appreciate the good things in life that people work for. It can be tough with outdoor work since Richmond is all full service gas stations.

Productive very fun workplace. Very flexible for work hours.

Great company was a very good job to gain lots of experience for my first job. Learnt lots working for this company I gained customer service and retail exoeriance.

Pros

Time and a half on hoildays

Cons

Minuim wage

I did night shifts

other then having a really messed up sleep schedule going to bed at 7am and there not being any advancements because its just a gas station. it was a really easy job and before the new owners, the old owners were super awesome and didn't mind if i read my books once everything was cleaned for the night and I had no customers. the new owners didn't re-hire any of the old staff. id rate higher if it was still the old owners.

Pros

enough coffee and slurpee's to keep you awake for the shift.

Cons

undesirable customers at night, not often.

Very interesting and busy place

I Liked working at Chevron. I like greeting customers throughout my shift and its never boring working at chevron. I learned to be passionate while solving customer complaints and queries.

Great working evnironment

On a typical day you meet a lot of customers. Learned to multitask and make time sensitive decisions Great workplace culture. Great people. Closing the gas station and managing multiple customers at a time is the most difficult part of this job

Pros

free coffee/slush

Cons

Long standing hours

Customer service

Working there was an great experience . I learnt a lot of skills from the customers service job . I learned how to handle the situations the customers face . Customers service requires polite , calm and kind nature that the reason I am still working there at the gas station.

Pros

Very friendly employees

Cons

Low income

Busy environment, minimal training required

A fun work environment, with a hard working manager. Helping customers complete transactions, trouble shooting when needed. Laid back environment. Not enough room to move up in the company, so would not see it as a long term career option. Pay was not competitive. Comfortable uniform!

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Hard to have anyone cover shifts

The People make the Job

The job is not difficult. However, customer relations is a big part of it, and if that is neglected, it leads to an unsatisfying and dry working environment. It trains one to interact with people from different walks of life and occasionally learn a great deal from them. Although is not highly paid (some might say, very badly indeed), if one does it for a limited period of time, it is bound to make one more appreciative of the nuances of the daily

Fun part-time job

It is a fun part-time job or second job for extra money. Get to meet lots of new people. As i said it is a fun job, smile and greet people and you will have a good time.

fun place to work

interact with customers. help customers pump gas. cashier. working in a team environment. inventory and stock. clean up gas spills in a safe manor.

Decent job, bad hours and site management

I enjoyed most of the time i spent at Chevron, but I did have my own problems with the store management, who had asked me to bring in something to say i was never going to have another problem with my medical issues so i could return to work after having issues at home. Hardest part would have had to been when it was extremely packed but I pushed through it. Best part was working with my co-workers who were all very helpful and friendly.

Fast, but great for customer service experience.

A typical day at work is starting early, and greeting many different customers, and mostly regulars at the station, fueling their vehicles, and other things such as tire pressure and oil checks. I learned how to check tire pressure, and add air to a tire, properly and safely fuel a car, and check and top up oil in a car. The management are good, friendly and pretty reasonable. My co-workers are so friendly, and are always nice to me, and are willing to help whenever i need it. The hardest part of my job is when I have to work out in a busy rush by myself. Most enjoyable part is meeting new and familiar faces of customers I've met before.

Pros

Free coffee, free slushies.

Cons

Sometimes working alone at busy times.

a lunch brake a bathroom brake and a kind word once in a whill

I walk in and I say hi how are you doing and can I do eney thing for you do you have to go to the washroom or do you need a little break. them I start to do my duties I learn to be kind to people to work the till and other devices there. the boss is a good guy get along with him fine and my co-workers really like me they all wount to work with me trying to understand some coustmers in the morring whene I see all my good regalers custmers come in for coffee. and we joke around. ha ha .

Pros

i like the work and the peolpe

Cons

the new boss did not hire anufe stafe for my liking 1 more person would work better for all stafe

excellent caring boss

With the exception of the dangers of working around a neighborhood with lots of drug addicts and getting held up it's a very good place to work for.

Pros

good coworkers

Cons

getting held up at gun point

Lots to learn workplace

Get to meet new people everyday is exciting. I learned plenty from workplace like cash handling, full service, and maintenance. Co-workers are a good team-players. Hardest part of the job is when I have to do full service during mid winter time. Typically point directions for people.

Pros

Light duties

Cons

Construction

Active job with constant customer interaction

A day at work would consist of mostly helping customers with dispensing of fuel and in-store purchases. Helping customers with air-pressure checks, oil checks and filling and giving information about current promotions. I learned that working with customers can be challenging but also rewarding at the same time. Knowing that I was able to help and provide a free service while having the customer leave with a smile. Management plays a major role in making schedules and adjusting, providing useful safety tips and helping answer customers questions when needed.

Pros

Free coffee, Constant physical activity

Cons

Minimum wage, Can be stressful at times

Productive and fun place to work

Handle cash transtactions night shift clean bathrooms, wash windows and take out garbage

Pros

meeting new people, friendly co-workers

Cons

customers werent always friendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4K