Chevron Employee Reviews for Gas Station Attendant

Found 15 reviews matching the search See all 4,103 reviews
I did night shifts
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC6 September 2018
other then having a really messed up sleep schedule going to bed at 7am and there not being any advancements because its just a gas station. it was a really easy job and before the new owners, the old owners were super awesome and didn't mind if i read my books once everything was cleaned for the night and I had no customers. the new owners didn't re-hire any of the old staff. id rate higher if it was still the old owners.
Pros
enough coffee and slurpee's to keep you awake for the shift.
Cons
undesirable customers at night, not often.
Great working evnironment
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC3 May 2018
On a typical day you meet a lot of customers.
Learned to multitask and make time sensitive decisions
Great workplace culture. Great people.
Closing the gas station and managing multiple customers at a time is the most difficult part of this job
Pros
free coffee/slush
Cons
Long standing hours
Customer service
Gas Station Attendant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 April 2018
Working there was an great experience . I learnt a lot of skills from the customers service job . I learned how to handle the situations the customers face . Customers service requires polite , calm and kind nature that the reason I am still working there at the gas station.
Pros
Very friendly employees
Cons
Low income
Busy environment, minimal training required
Gas Station Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC30 March 2018
A fun work environment, with a hard working manager. Helping customers complete transactions, trouble shooting when needed. Laid back environment. Not enough room to move up in the company, so would not see it as a long term career option. Pay was not competitive. Comfortable uniform!
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Hard to have anyone cover shifts
The People make the Job
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC14 November 2017
The job is not difficult. However, customer relations is a big part of it, and if that is neglected, it leads to an unsatisfying and dry working environment. It trains one to interact with people from different walks of life and occasionally learn a great deal from them. Although is not highly paid (some might say, very badly indeed), if one does it for a limited period of time, it is bound to make one more appreciative of the nuances of the daily
Fun part-time job
Full Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC4 October 2017
It is a fun part-time job or second job for extra money. Get to meet lots of new people. As i said it is a fun job, smile and greet people and you will have a good time.
fun place to work
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC23 May 2017
interact with customers.

help customers pump gas.

cashier.

working in a team environment.

inventory and stock.

clean up gas spills in a safe manor.
a lunch brake a bathroom brake and a kind word once in a whill
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Aldergrove, BC9 August 2016
I walk in and I say hi how are you doing and can I do eney thing for you do you have to go to the washroom or do you need a little break. them I start to do my duties I learn to be kind to people to work the till and other devices there. the boss is a good guy get along with him fine and my co-workers really like me they all wount to work with me trying to understand some coustmers in the morring whene I see all my good regalers custmers come in for coffee. and we joke around. ha ha .
Pros
i like the work and the peolpe
Cons
the new boss did not hire anufe stafe for my liking 1 more person would work better for all stafe
excellent caring boss
Night station attendant and cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 September 2013
With the exception of the dangers of working around a neighborhood with lots of drug addicts and getting held up it's a very good place to work for.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
getting held up at gun point
Lots to learn workplace
All Around Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 August 2013
Get to meet new people everyday is exciting. I learned plenty from workplace like cash handling, full service, and maintenance. Co-workers are a good team-players. Hardest part of the job is when I have to do full service during mid winter time. Typically point directions for people.
Pros
Light duties
Cons
Construction
Active job with constant customer interaction
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC24 May 2013
A day at work would consist of mostly helping customers with dispensing of fuel and in-store purchases. Helping customers with air-pressure checks, oil checks and filling and giving information about current promotions.

I learned that working with customers can be challenging but also rewarding at the same time. Knowing that I was able to help and provide a free service while having the customer leave with a smile.

Management plays a major role in making schedules and adjusting, providing useful safety tips and helping answer customers questions when needed.
Pros
Free coffee, Constant physical activity
Cons
Minimum wage, Can be stressful at times
Productive and fun place to work
Gas Station Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hope, BC8 February 2013
Handle cash transtactions night shift clean bathrooms, wash windows and take out garbage
Pros
meeting new people, friendly co-workers
Cons
customers werent always friendly
One of the best overall job I have ever had
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  abbotsford bc7 August 2012
This position had great benifits, such as birthdays, christmas parties.
alsothe people in managment were fair kind,and very hands on.
Wage was good for the amount of work shared by the staff and the
customers were moslty always enjoyable. I did learn alot about
fire managment and and team effort ,while working with my co-workers who were pretty easy to get along with and came to work to do there work, which I appreciate. The hardest part of my job would have to have been when we were having a few schedual issues and
I had to work such wierd shifts.
Pros
non stop coffee
Cons
a huge window right by the register, which acted as a magnifying glass for the sun
cooperative and team management
GAS STATION ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 July 2012
I have learned team work, good customer service, effectively presenting yourself in front of someone, performing multitasks, hard work.
Pros
christmas and new year parties, dinner after monthly meetings
Cons
long shifts