Chevron logo
Happiness score is 83 out of 100High

Chevron Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Found 25 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,519 reviews

Stagnant

It's ok except the assistant manager hit on my bf right in front of me. No class whatsoever. If she wanted to take him away why didn't she?! But when she got a bf, she didn't like when i gave her a taste of her own medicine lol

Pros

Mystery shops, minimum wage going up.

Cons

No lunch breaks, can't request long weekends off

Overall a good place to work with good management

Chevron was ok place to work got fulltime work as promised manager easy going understanding owner noticed my hard work and increased my wage accordingly which wsd nice to be recognized there is p opportunity for advance ment

I have nothing to say

I have nothing to say. It was not a fun place to work, dealing with drugies and ungreatful customers. Management played favourites so not all were treated the same.

was a good place to work until head office fired everyone without notice during a coorperate take over

I really enjoyed the work but the head office totally screwed everyone that worked there over without a second thought. it was a good job for highschool students

Overall my experience in working at chevron is getting better to best.

When someone learn how to deal with customer, i think that is the only thing which increases your confidence in any job. Working at chevron is helpful for me.

Productive fu. Work place with nice people to work with and awesome costumers

Very nice friendly place to work I was going to school and working so they were very very flexible with me and my hours while working and going to school

Pros

Lunch breaks

Cons

No sitting

family feeling

We all got along well, employees and employers. I really enjoyed working there for the 5 years I was there. We all covered for each other when emergency time off was needed and during holidays.

Pros

everyone was flexible with hours

knowledge

near bridge nice place very nice people good management i learned how to interac with the people my English has improved managed whole gas station nice and clean store

management is good, take care in each and every thing

in my opinion, working with Chevron is really good, helps in handle a complicated situation and tells if there is any problem going on, helps in day to day activities and follow all precaution.

productive

When I started, I wasn't having much customer service and management experience, but slowly I learned to manage things and got into good dealing with the customers and the staff.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Chevron?

fun workplace and very productive

i really like cashier job beacuse we can learn alot of things and the enviorment was good over there.we can learn how to work in a team and we should be punctual.

Pros

free coffee

Cons

I worked graveyard shift felt alone sometimes but I did my job thoroughly

I enjoyed this position the hours not so much but I did my job to the best of my abilities the location was in Maple Ridge BC This was my first job in bc after I came here from Calgary Alberta

Pros

friendly staff

Cons

graveyard shift

Employees are friendly

Working in Chevron is not easy as what others think, because you have to deal with all the customers that are coming, but overall it was fun working there. employees are very friendly and the management also offer you to take a certificate on fire safety.

Pros

Fire Safety Certification

Cons

lots of inventories

Fun

Nice job but less pay with no benefits. Would be fun if it has a proper management but overall the job is good for beginners and for the students who wish to study side by side.

A place that allows you to grow.

One of the main things I learned, is time sensitivity. Most Chevron locations are independently owned and operated, though multiple locations may be owned by the same person. The location I was at was slow enough there was normally only one person on per shift, so you quickly learn how to multi-task and get things done while serving customers. Customers are normally cheery, but occasionally you will run into grumpy customers who are not pleased, as with any customer service roll. They will teach you the basics, and hope for the best. My personal experience, it was not worth the stress.

Pros

1 free slushie or 1 free coffee per day, but you must use your own cup.

Cons

Not much support; doesn't feel like a team environment.

Overall, a great work environment.

A typical day at work ... there is none. Customers can make or break you. You have your regulars, and then you have those customers that you wish had never stepped foot through the door. Most of the co-workers are helpful, dedicated, and friendly.

Good

Nice management but the location is worst during winter time.. and it runs by others person.. and they are reducing the per hour rate.. from 12 to 11.25 ..

Good

Cons

Shory hours

Fun place , room for advancement,

Need to work diligently,but be aware of possible customers at all times . In the 15 years that I worked in Port Coquitlam, 11 years for the Chevron station at Shaughessy and Wilson . 4 years at the Shell station at Lougheed Hwy. and Pipeline is because I had good & fare employers, I would've stayed longer working for them if they hadn't retired . During my time at Chevron I got "employee of the month" 13 times and during the time with Shell, I received it 7 times . While I worked for both of them I got a total of 11 perfect scores on "mystery shoppers" program . The hardest part of the job for me to learn was customer service, the most enjoyable part of the job eventually was customer service . Because once you get comfortable with all the different aspects of the service industry, the job becomes easy( at least it did for me). The most enjoyable part of the job is when you start receiving employee of the month & perfect scores from the "mystery shopper program".

Pros

If you work diligently, you can reap the rewards .

Cons

You start at minimum wage .

Productive for Individual growth

Managing the whole work with the co workers is the important thing. Shifts Balance. I enjoy serving the customers so that i can make them happy.

Pros

50% off on meals

Cons

No Cons

Getting to interact with great customers

Interesting place to work. Got along well with most of the staff but not all. Working with only a few staff there weren't a lot of flexibility about hours. The great customers made up for any other downfalls.

Pros

Great Customers

Cons

Lack of good comunication between manager and staff

customer serivce

enjoyed the hours that I worked early mornings and still had the rest of the day to enjoy. learn how to deal with customers and doing payments In a hurry. I also enjoyed working with other staff members.

Pros

good hours

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4K