Chevron Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 39 reviews matching the search See all 3,955 reviews
depressing Job at 8th street
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC28 January 2019
The last two years at chevron have been a depressing time, I have been working there for the past 4 years and the last two was taken under new management. I felt like I have been disrespected. I have been in the customer services for 5 years now and 3 prier to new management and being told what to do by new employees whom don't know the job them self's. it was stressful not knowing what days I worked cause the constant changing of schedules with out my knowledge. Also the lack of supply's and equipment that was provided for me was sad, Had to bring me own rubber cloves and rags form my home to clean stuff like toilets and pumps. there was no team work and did all labour work well the rest sat one there phones and sitting in chairs. I worked for another Chevron and never have I seen any thing like this,

Now I do recommend chevron as a great place to work just the one i was at was not good at any point. chevron is a nice place to work. its a great way to build communication skills
Productive and fun work place
Cashier- General (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC5 September 2018
Chevron was hands down my favorite job I've had. My boss was amazing, and I knew 90% of my customers by order and name. Fellow employees were great as well.
Pros
People and customer service
Store Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 August 2018
Nice place to work. Every one are professional in dealing with job related problem. Friendly environment. Clean and environmentally friendly work place
Not enjoyable management.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC27 July 2018
The jobs itself was great, dealing with customers on a daily basis and building relationships with the regulars was my favorite. Management on the other hand was terrible. I remember one occasion where I was sick to the point my throat was so swollen I could barely breath let alone swallow any food or drink. I called the manager while in the hospital and they said they didn't care, either I come in or I'm out of a job, this was after 4 months of working there.
Good Environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 July 2018
Good place to initialise yourself in a new country by meeting hundreds of customers in a day. You can learn so many things here such as customer appreciation, customer greeting, cash register handling, preparing shift reports etc.
Pros
Good team, Well designed
Cons
long hours, nothing new to learn after
awesome employers and coworkers.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  British Columbia27 February 2018
chevron was super fun to work at, the people are nice and the management is good also. you get a lot of regulars in also so you get to know them pretty well.
Pros
employee parties were good, discount on triple o
Cons
i got robbed when i was working.
Fun enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nanoose Bay, BC16 February 2018
Overall very fun place to work. Staff members are very outgoing nd super helpful. They are very flexible with your university hours if you go to school as I did as a full time student. They are very pleasant and are willing to answer any questions you may have.
It was a great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC4 February 2018
It was a great place to work with people from different backgrounds and attending customers with different needs. I worked there for more than a year and at the end I was very satisfied to work there.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC13 November 2017
-Even with a small gas station , one needs to find work in order to learn more
- i learnt how to be quick with every task i was given and making sure on maintaining good customer service
Pros
friendly mentor
Cons
chevron shirts were in a very inappropriate state .
Friendly employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC12 October 2017
I personally did not have a good experience. the management was very racist and judgemental. but as for the job itself it was a pretty easy job hardest thing to learn was lottery.
Pros
good hours
Cons
Bad Management
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 October 2017
Got to meet and attend a lot of new customers on daily basis which made the job and day interesting. Learned a lot of new skills such as dealing with different customer, solving queries and making sure that they get the best experience ever.
Pros
Extra hours
Cons
Unsuitable timetable
Productive place, Nights
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC27 August 2017
In Chevron I used to work as cashier and normally I have to do the night shifts so I have a good hand on cleaning stuff as well, also this job give me good experience of customer service.
pretty cool
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Revelstoke, BC3 August 2017
it was really fun working there very laid back and easy i enjoyed it alot the only bad thing was how rude people were sometimes it was worse than any other job
Good coworkers and management
Cashier and Full Serve Attendant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC20 February 2017
Learned how to work the cash register and brushed up on stocking and inventory skills.
Also learned how to make coffee and work the lottery machine.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
No pension
fast paced work environment.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC2 November 2016
A typical day at Chevron would start with till reconcilation and would include preparing reports about fuel inventory with customer service as a priority.
i basically learned how to work in a fast paced environment with a good team leader and a player.
Pros
Free Slurpies.
Cons
Back to back shifts
Very restricted working enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC31 October 2016
Chevron Canada is a very large company, however it is extremely hard to advance within. The work itself is quite simple and easy to master. However, once you know the basics, there is hardly any more learning to be done. There is no real way to earn any sort of advancement, and over all is a decent first or short-term job.
Pros
Very simple work
Cons
No breaks, boring shifts, poor management
learning with enjoy
Associate Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 September 2016
I am enjoying dealing with customers. I love to deal with people from different countries. I learn how to operate point of sale machine and stock up of products. I can manage customers at two till machines to prevent line up of customers. When customer wish me back with a big smile, give pleasure state. My co-workers are friendly. I enjoy the company of them. No specific break time for breakfast or lunch.
gas,junk food, and drinks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  white rock B.C.24 August 2016
i liked working there. i have learn so much from there. the only i had to leave there was because the owner had to sell the store. but overall i liked working there.
chevron town pantry
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC28 May 2016
I was a full time csr at chevron in Langley bc. I enjoyed working with all those great people. Working there for awhile I got to meet a lot of great people I now call my friends.
Like a fun and productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 May 2016
My main objective as an employee, and where I gained the most enjoyment was when you could work as a team to make the workplace the most positive environment possible. the frustration, is that many workers, lack sufficient organizational skills, and the anything will do attitude. I like doing tasks that have a good before and after affect. Where you get a true sense of accomplishment. I enjoy customer service, providing efficient , effective customer interaction. I like it when it is busy, providing we have the proper staffing, so that customer service is not sacrificed . As a manager, I like to delegate, cross train employees, I have noticed that some managers are micro managers, and fail to delegate, therefore not giving their staff the proper opportunity to show their stuff and potential. Give the staff a chance to take on responsibility , their job becomes more interesting and it promotes the team concept.
Pros
na
Cons
wages are lower than the industry standard

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K