Chevron logo
Happiness score is 83 out of 100High

Chevron Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 53 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,509 reviews

Its a good job.

Its a very socsal place to work and i enjoy meeting new people each day. New interesting stories from different people each day. i really do enjoy working here.

Pros

social

Cons

drug addicts

A good entry level job

Since the pandemic hit, the staff have had to perform extra duties on top of the normal, every day things. The hardest part of the job (for me at least) is to try and get out and do those extra duties without interruptions every 30 minutes as expected. I get that the customer comes first and I want to make the store a safe place to be in. I can't do that if all I can do is wipe down a few handles before having to go back to the front counter to help a customer.

Pros

25% off at the Triple-Os

Cons

With only one person on, no proper breaks

productive and fun work environment

it was great to work at Chevron. Management was very caring,supportive. They made every problem very easy to work for at workplace. They explain everything in perfect way. Overall it was a great experience.

Got to learn new things, but low pay

I got to learn a lot of new things during my time with Chevron which can be carried over to possible future jobs and I had a very nice manager. Pay is low but that is expected for gas stations.

Fast Paced and fun environment

I thoroughly enjoy working at Chevron. The management team are great. I work the afternoon shift on weekends and it is very fast paced. The customers are amazing. The team we have there currently are phenominal to work with.

Location wise branch was never busy, few customers. Nice place to work

Good place to work. Enjoyed my time there since it was my first ever job in Canada. Worked from afternoon till closing. The other cashiers who worked the shift before mine were amazingly helpful, and manager was a great guy!

A throw away job

Externally high turn over. Your treated poorly by the general public, you’re not paid well and your expected to do a great deal of work with little reward

Overall good experience

I learned a lot of new things. variety of customers to deal with. rational decision making. cash handling, sending reports to head office. Good teamwork. The hardest part of work to clean pumps in winters. evening shift on weekends because its busy and love to meet new customers and have good conversation while their purchase so they can visit again.

productive and fast paced environment

as a team member it is always to be good to work there. fast paced environment. management system was good and favorable. most enjoyable part was learning and developing business skills.

productive and fun loving environment

It was a really enjoyable atmosphere . Even the co-workers were really cooperative and helpful. I enjoyed a lot . I acquired a lot of customer Service experience that added experience to my life. the management was really expert and helpful in each and every aspect of life.

Jobs at Chevron

Cashier positions
See more jobs

productive and fun workplace

great place to work on and good way to learn inventory, management skills and cash handling.helpful in learning teamwork.customer service is considered as the most.

good

it was a great company. the employer was a great guy. it is a fun job to start with. i loved working with the company and the employer was a great guy .

Horrible Owner

no paid overtime, management is all about cost saving, cutting corner everywhere, lying, you name it, typical bad thing owner will do at workplace. :(

Poor management

The managers didn't care about their employees. There were some very questionable things happening with some employees, and management did nothing when numerous people brought this to their attention. The hours were nice and it was pretty easy to get time off, but it wasn't worth it for me.

depressing Job at 8th street

The last two years at chevron have been a depressing time, I have been working there for the past 4 years and the last two was taken under new management. I felt like I have been disrespected. I have been in the customer services for 5 years now and 3 prier to new management and being told what to do by new employees whom don't know the job them self's. it was stressful not knowing what days I worked cause the constant changing of schedules with out my knowledge. Also the lack of supply's and equipment that was provided for me was sad, Had to bring me own rubber cloves and rags form my home to clean stuff like toilets and pumps. there was no team work and did all labour work well the rest sat one there phones and sitting in chairs. I worked for another Chevron and never have I seen any thing like this, Now I do recommend chevron as a great place to work just the one i was at was not good at any point. chevron is a nice place to work. its a great way to build communication skills

Productive and fun work place

Chevron was hands down my favorite job I've had. My boss was amazing, and I knew 90% of my customers by order and name. Fellow employees were great as well.

Pros

People and customer service

Cons

Nice place to work. Every one are professional in dealing with job related problem. Friendly environment. Clean and environmentally friendly work place

Not enjoyable management.

The jobs itself was great, dealing with customers on a daily basis and building relationships with the regulars was my favorite. Management on the other hand was terrible. I remember one occasion where I was sick to the point my throat was so swollen I could barely breath let alone swallow any food or drink. I called the manager while in the hospital and they said they didn't care, either I come in or I'm out of a job, this was after 4 months of working there.

Good Environment

Good place to initialise yourself in a new country by meeting hundreds of customers in a day. You can learn so many things here such as customer appreciation, customer greeting, cash register handling, preparing shift reports etc.

Pros

Good team, Well designed

Cons

long hours, nothing new to learn after

No room for personal or professional growth in the company.

Not enough staff, I felt vilified when I had to go to the hospital in an emergency because there was no one to cover my shifts. Otherwise it was a good job, friendly staff, guaranteed shifts every week. After a while it felt like I couldn't go any further though, no benefits, no salary, no raises or better job titles.

awesome employers and coworkers.

chevron was super fun to work at, the people are nice and the management is good also. you get a lot of regulars in also so you get to know them pretty well.

Pros

employee parties were good, discount on triple o

Cons

i got robbed when i was working.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4K