Chevron logo
Chevron

Chevron Employee Reviews in Vancouver, BC

Found 24 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,509 reviews

its good to be a part of chevron

i love to work in such a great organization. Pros Positive company culture, great people, projects, and opportunities. Excellent training program/professional development. Cons No significant cons - but would love to see some Canada-based ETC geoscience contributors and global new venture opportunities.

High stress job for Store Manager

Unless you intend on becoming a franchise operator with a large amount of cash to invest then this is only a basic minimum wage type job. I was going for a franchise operator and trained in a special program but due to sudden and drastic corporate restructuring at the time it became unfeasible for me to continue to do so.

Pros

benefit of being of franchise business owner

Cons

high stress, long working hours

Good Environment

Good place to initialise yourself in a new country by meeting hundreds of customers in a day. You can learn so many things here such as customer appreciation, customer greeting, cash register handling, preparing shift reports etc.

Pros

Good team, Well designed

Cons

long hours, nothing new to learn after

management is good, take care in each and every thing

in my opinion, working with Chevron is really good, helps in handle a complicated situation and tells if there is any problem going on, helps in day to day activities and follow all precaution.

fun workplace and very productive

i really like cashier job beacuse we can learn alot of things and the enviorment was good over there.we can learn how to work in a team and we should be punctual.

Pros

free coffee

good learning experience

in this job, i learned how to schedule employees, how to devide tasks, inventories.sold lottery, cigarettes. counting money, closing shifts and closing days.

Good team

Chevron, I started learning basic and entry level of management skills. The management team guided and coached employees the proper attitudes and mindsets to customer service, daily works, and other general tasks.

Consistent work and always with a team

The Chevron is well organized company and I worked with the company consistently for almost 2 years. The best part is always working with in a team. The hard part is sometimes the language barriers like some people does not know English well, so sometimes it becomes hard to understand them. However, it teaches you how to handle them with proper manners and with excellent service. The most enjoyable part is to work with the people from different parts of the world.

Good place to work.

Chevron was a good entry level job. It provided training in customer service and time management skills. It was a gas station so you basically deal with customers all day.

Pros

Free food

Cons

No room for growth

Excellent place to start work to improve Customer Service Skills

A typical day at work will be so lively as there will b continuous flow of customers. I started my career in customer service to improve my communication skills, which i think i accomplished it. At any work place the co workers and Management makes a huge impact on our work ability and I am thankful that i got the perfect working environment. The most enjoyable part in this work is customer service and meeting my goals.

Jobs at Chevron

in Vancouver, BC
See more jobs

work work and work

you have to work hard to keep your store clean.you have to impress the supervisor so that owner wont loose the store.

easy to work.

i did graveyard at gas station with lot of people and i know how to do customer service and has good communication skills.

Pros

free coffee

Cons

minimum wage after working long time

The perfect fit to work

Work place is people oriented, selfmotivated, dependable, able to work effectively and safely in a fast-paced environment while maintaining 100% total customer focus.

Productive for Individual growth

Managing the whole work with the co workers is the important thing. Shifts Balance. I enjoy serving the customers so that i can make them happy.

Pros

50% off on meals

Cons

No Cons

No Growth

I learned that working for this company it only a job not a career and will not help me get up in the corporate latter and becoming financially stable .I believe that management at this company is impossible not working with object.

Fun work place

Chevron is a good starting job also financially and great way to get experience. I really enjoyed working they're. Typical day at work is like any other work good hours also great people. Since Chevron was my first job it taught me alot of things also great experience. The management and coworkers were the best.

Sales, Retail

Up selling and Cross selling made me aware of how to increase daily sales and achieve targets. In addition to my previous experiences this provided me admirable customer service skills.

Pros

Long Shifts

Cons

NO Advancement

good working there

good working at chevron. Good pay .. Manager is really good. pay we get on time .it is busy through out the day. time goes very fast. good coworkers.

Pros

very busy time goes fast

Cons

days of not not weekend

Productive & fun workplace always a opportunity to learn more & more

Productive & fun workplace always a opportunity to learn more & more

excellent caring boss

With the exception of the dangers of working around a neighborhood with lots of drug addicts and getting held up it's a very good place to work for.

Pros

good coworkers

Cons

getting held up at gun point

Busy & learned a lot of things to survive in canada

everyday is busy learned managerial skills, my manager helped me to improve my customer service skills and managerial skills. Co-worker every onr liks too work with me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4K