Chevron logo
Chevron

Chevron Employee Reviews in Surrey, BC

Found 21 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,520 reviews

Fun workplace

Really enjoy working there as a Sales representative. Great opportunities and lots of skills to learn by working there. Good environment for a new candidate to establish their skills.

Good

So good. In my time , management is also good and my work.The head of gas station is very politly.I am satisfied with my job on that time.Thanks for asking

Good

Cons

we need to promote the products and satisfy the customer without complain

I worked for a retailer not directly with Chevron. As an employer I need to take care of the place such as cash register,Inventory,Maintain outside pumping station, solving customer complaint ect.,

Chevron Town Pantry

I loved working there as my first job , I had great staff and management. However I was only making minimum wage would have liked to have made more considering all the job duties I did , and was only working part time. Would have liked to have more hours but overall it was just a temporary job for me at the time so I’m happy with the experience I got from this job.

Pros

Great First job

Cons

Not enough hours I got

knowledge

near bridge nice place very nice people good management i learned how to interac with the people my English has improved managed whole gas station nice and clean store

Good place to startup your customer service career.

I love to work here as you meet with so many people in your daily life and learn something new from them. Management is really good, very friendly environment.

Productive workplace

Got to meet and attend a lot of new customers on daily basis which made the job and day interesting. Learned a lot of new skills such as dealing with different customer, solving queries and making sure that they get the best experience ever.

Pros

Extra hours

Cons

Unsuitable timetable

knowledgeable, fun work place, team work, good interpersonal Relationships

There was a busy day at work and same day our store's Grocery and Tobacco order got delivered. I was working in the morning and there was a time to get off from work I was fixing groceries and my Boss just entered in the Store. Evening shift staff also came in. I, my Boss and Evening Stall worked as a Team and everything was done very easily and in order. Then my Boss ordered the Pizza and we all had fun day at work. I am really thankful to all my Chevron Team.

Pros

$50 Gift cards to each staff on Christmas, new year etc. 25% discount for each staff from their Triple O's Restaurant they own.

Nice place

It was a nice time at Chevron. The seniors were very helpful and learnt the aspects of leadership and team management from the staff and management. It was nice,

learning with enjoy

I am enjoying dealing with customers. I love to deal with people from different countries. I learn how to operate point of sale machine and stock up of products. I can manage customers at two till machines to prevent line up of customers. When customer wish me back with a big smile, give pleasure state. My co-workers are friendly. I enjoy the company of them. No specific break time for breakfast or lunch.

Jobs at Chevron

in Surrey, BC
See more jobs

Like a fun and productive workplace

My main objective as an employee, and where I gained the most enjoyment was when you could work as a team to make the workplace the most positive environment possible. the frustration, is that many workers, lack sufficient organizational skills, and the anything will do attitude. I like doing tasks that have a good before and after affect. Where you get a true sense of accomplishment. I enjoy customer service, providing efficient , effective customer interaction. I like it when it is busy, providing we have the proper staffing, so that customer service is not sacrificed . As a manager, I like to delegate, cross train employees, I have noticed that some managers are micro managers, and fail to delegate, therefore not giving their staff the proper opportunity to show their stuff and potential. Give the staff a chance to take on responsibility , their job becomes more interesting and it promotes the team concept.

Pros

na

Cons

wages are lower than the industry standard

productive

I really enjoyed working there. because I like customer care and interacting with people and solve there problems. management was really cooperative. I am a team worker and I enjoy working with co-workers.

The best Survival job

Gas station is one of the best places for the new immigrants for their survival in Canada. I enjoyed working here with my really nice retailar and cooperative co-workers. It helped me to understand the Canadian culture by dealing with different types of customers.

Great Boss , Bad Company

It was a great work environment at the location I worked at , We were a family . I advanced fast with my employer , got lots of responsibilities and trust from her. Unfortunately Chevron had alot of changes and we were all laid off . Hardest part of the job was the drunk customers . Always had regular customers it felt like a place of home in the location I worked at .

easygoing place to be

I was only at Chevron for a couple weeks for a school placement work experience to help me find a job and to see what its like in the real world.

Pros

Co-workers were very nice

customer service repersentative

- interaction with different people- No job security- Learning alot everyday

fun and exciting workplace

helping customers and pumping gas lots of fun the management is great and very relaxed and helpful.very friendly and supportivenight shift a little scary meeting the public customers of all nationalities

Pros

meeting customers

Cons

night shift

Your basic customer service experience

Chevron is really obssesed with safety and will make you review their policies every 6 months. Management varies store to store. The hardest part of the job is not defending yourself when customers verbally abuse you. the best part of the job is when customers treat you well.

cooperative and team management

I have learned team work, good customer service, effectively presenting yourself in front of someone, performing multitasks, hard work.

Pros

christmas and new year parties, dinner after monthly meetings

Cons

long shifts

it was alright

my typical day at this job was not what i expected, they made me hand wash the pumps and car wash when no one else would do it even though it was and mandatory to make sure everything was clean and look great. what i'v learn for working there is that the coworker can do whatever they want since they have work there the longest and complained about how there stuck here while they have a life. the management skill there poor when he was there he/she was there they would favor some coworkers. there was no hardest part of the job cause they really don't care what you do or when it gets done. the most enjoyable part of this job was the customers seeing there smile faces and helping them when they asked for.

Pros

free coffee and slurpee

Cons

no free lunches, no lunch breaks

Fun enviroment

clean, up sell , make sure customers leave happy, perfect company procedure on sales

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4K