Chevron Employee Reviews in Coquitlam, BC

3.6Pay & Benefits
3.4Job Security & Advancement
Found 4 reviews matching the search See all 4,099 reviews
Decent job, bad hours and site management
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC3 May 2017
I enjoyed most of the time i spent at Chevron, but I did have my own problems with the store management, who had asked me to bring in something to say i was never going to have another problem with my medical issues so i could return to work after having issues at home. Hardest part would have had to been when it was extremely packed but I pushed through it. Best part was working with my co-workers who were all very helpful and friendly.
Fast, but great for customer service experience.
Gas Attendant (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC23 October 2016
A typical day at work is starting early, and greeting many different customers, and mostly regulars at the station, fueling their vehicles, and other things such as tire pressure and oil checks. I learned how to check tire pressure, and add air to a tire, properly and safely fuel a car, and check and top up oil in a car. The management are good, friendly and pretty reasonable. My co-workers are so friendly, and are always nice to me, and are willing to help whenever i need it. The hardest part of my job is when I have to work out in a busy rush by myself. Most enjoyable part is meeting new and familiar faces of customers I've met before.
Pros
Free coffee, free slushies.
Cons
Sometimes working alone at busy times.
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC5 February 2015
typically I run a till, (gas pumps, credit/debit cards, cash) clean and straighten stock on shelves help customers in a fast and friendly manner. Enter in fuel price changes, fuel deliveries, end of day fuel tank readings. At the end of my shift I make sure product is put away ( cigarettes and cash ) the store is clean and ready for the morning shift set the alarm and close the store. Most of my co workers are great people, absolutely fun to work with.

The hardest part of the job is the system ( tills) they use are not efficient they crash often and have to be rebooted, this is frustrating not only for myself but for the customers, because I have to shut everything down and reboot, which takes anywhere from 15 minutes to 30 minutes.
Pros
close to home and free coffee :)
Cons
it is not something I want to do forever. I want a forever job.