Chevron logo
Chevron

Chevron Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Found 28 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,509 reviews

Great place to work!

I had the opportunity to work for one of the best companies in NA. Chevron is a employee focused company with so many opportunities for advancement. this company is dedicated to saftey and well-being. The benefits are fantastic and the overall culture was amazing!

Not the best career option- keep looking...

Once there is a downturn - and you are out the door. - and forgotten. Sadly your just a number, and all your efforts and commitment means nothing when someone wants to get recognized and awarded for making cuts...

Great Environment

I loved working for a company that valued safety, responsibility, and work life balance. Working in a smaller department gave me the joy of working in a more intimate environment while getting the perks of an large overseas corporation.

Pros

Flexible Hours

Cons

Small room for errors

A large company with plenty of opportunities globally, but can be slow on career advancement

Although Chevron is a global company, since the downturn, it's become very difficult to get positions overseas, and upwards mobility has all but stopped. It has plenty of great people, and many experts in every area of petroleum engineering, so it's a great place to learn and grow. However, they are also so process driven, that about half of your time is consumed on non-value-adding tasks simply to comply with a variety of processes.

Pros

Every second Friday off, competitive salaries

Cons

Very process oriented. Slow in adapting to change.

Great company

Large corporation with a family type environment worked with people who insured you to do good work and safety was always key to having a good day. RyAn

Process oriented company with loads of templates for projects. demanding and result oriented management. pay is great and excellent atmosphere. little

Nice workplace with high sense of safety culture

Challenging environment to work with a talented workforce to generate innovative ideas, great benefits. A high priority for safety on how work is done, a diverse and inclusive work environment.

Good pay! Diversified and respectful colleagues.

Excellent workplace. Good career advancement. International assignment opportunities. Challenging jobs. Good training programs. Supportive leadership!

Great company to work for

Great people, work life balance, enjoyed working there and the team I was on. Treated consultants just like employees. Lots of room for growth if you're an employee.

Productive work environment,

I enjoyed my time with Chevron, I was able to expand my knowledge base. Excellent work environment Chevron truly believes in a safe work environment for its employees.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Chevron?

Good place to work in

Collaborative work place with emphasis on safety and diversity. Team spirit and regular challenges. At Chevron, they are relentlessly focused on producing safe, reliable energy now and for the future. How are they doing it? By applying the energy they have most in abundance: Human Energy.

Professional culture

I worked as a contractor on a major capital project where the culture was significantly different than the Canadian Business Unit. The former has a fun yet professional culture that thrives on results.I cannot speak for the latter.

H & p

My immediate management team was terrific, long hours and days to be successful. Culture has been up and down over the years.The most enjoyable part of the day is the people.

Great Company

I would work for Chevron again if the opportunity came up. Great work life balance. They offer amazing training opportunities. They would be my number one company to work for

Excellent working enviroment

Very flexible working hours and allows creativity at work. We get two Fridays off as compressed working hours , this give us flexibility of personal development.

Walk the walk

Chevron is an excellent company to work for that backs up their employees and contractors. They truly walk the walk when it comes to safety and sending their contract personnel home safely. Our work space is very open and free from judgement. The safety culture is the best I have seen developed in my 17 years in oil and gas.

This employment goes back 20 years.

This employment goes back 20 years. It would be too dated to have any application to the Company today. I suggest it not be integrated with your other related information for this Company.

Very good company with great corporate culture and diversification of opportunities in the company.

Great new graduate program and development opportunities for young professionals, with office and field exposure. Good culture and lots of opportunities to network with other employees and develop relationships with coworkers not only at work, but outside of work. Good mentorship provided and feedback on performance throughout the year.

Great opportunity with an energetic team ready to take on the challenges.

I bring my upbeat and energetic attitude to get things done the right way and with the desired results. I learned you have to communicate at all levels and empower the right people with the right information in order to move initiatives forward. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with different team members and departments to brainstorm, create and implement processes to improve efficiencies and communication.

Pros

Every second Friday off

Cons

Commute to work

Seemed like a good company at the time....

My personal experience was not a good one. The "Chevron Way" by some management was just talk. Overall it is a good company but in our present economy there were definitely challenging times.

Pros

Every second Friday off

Great Company - tough oil environment

Chevron is a wonderful company but unfortunately like others in the Energy market faces some tough climate in the near future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4K