Chevron Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Found 25 reviews matching the search See all 3,932 reviews
Great company
End user support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 April 2019
Large corporation with a family type environment worked with people who insured you to do good work and safety was always key to having a good day.

RyAn
Project Coordinator (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2019
Process oriented company with loads of templates for projects. demanding and result oriented management. pay is great and excellent atmosphere. little
Nice workplace with high sense of safety culture
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 February 2019
Challenging environment to work with a talented workforce to generate innovative ideas, great benefits. A high priority for safety on how work is done, a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Good pay! Diversified and respectful colleagues.
Operational Excellence Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2018
Excellent workplace.
Good career advancement.
International assignment opportunities.
Challenging jobs.
Good training programs.
Supportive leadership!
Great company to work for
Performance Analyst - Contract (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2018
Great people, work life balance, enjoyed working there and the team I was on. Treated consultants just like employees. Lots of room for growth if you're an employee.
Productive work environment,
Sr. Consultant (contractor) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2018
I enjoyed my time with Chevron, I was able to expand my knowledge base. Excellent work environment Chevron truly believes in a safe work environment for its employees.
Good place to work in
Sr.Document Control/SharePoint Administrator) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 June 2018
Collaborative work place with emphasis on safety and diversity.
Team spirit and regular challenges.

At Chevron, they are relentlessly focused on producing safe, reliable energy now and for the future. How are they doing it? By applying the energy they have most in abundance: Human Energy.
Professional culture
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2018
I worked as a contractor on a major capital project where the culture was significantly different than the Canadian Business Unit. The former has a fun yet professional culture that thrives on results.I cannot speak for the latter.
H & p
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 April 2018
My immediate management team was terrific, long hours and days to be successful. Culture has been up and down over the years.The most enjoyable part of the day is the people.
Great Company
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 February 2018
I would work for Chevron again if the opportunity came up. Great work life balance. They offer amazing training opportunities. They would be my number one company to work for
Excellent working enviroment
Senior Planning/Project Controls Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary18 June 2017
Very flexible working hours and allows creativity at work.
We get two Fridays off as compressed working hours , this give us flexibility of personal development.
Walk the walk
HES Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 April 2017
Chevron is an excellent company to work for that backs up their employees and contractors. They truly walk the walk when it comes to safety and sending their contract personnel home safely. Our work space is very open and free from judgement. The safety culture is the best I have seen developed in my 17 years in oil and gas.
This employment goes back 20 years.
Compensation and Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 January 2017
This employment goes back 20 years. It would be too dated to have any application to the Company today. I suggest it not be integrated with your other related information for this Company.
Very good company with great corporate culture and diversification of opportunities in the company.
Facilities Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary29 November 2016
Great new graduate program and development opportunities for young professionals, with office and field exposure. Good culture and lots of opportunities to network with other employees and develop relationships with coworkers not only at work, but outside of work. Good mentorship provided and feedback on performance throughout the year.
Great opportunity with an energetic team ready to take on the challenges.
Drilling & Completions Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 August 2016
I bring my upbeat and energetic attitude to get things done the right way and with the desired results.

I learned you have to communicate at all levels and empower the right people with the right information in order to move initiatives forward.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with different team members and departments to brainstorm, create and implement processes to improve efficiencies and communication.
Pros
Every second Friday off
Cons
Commute to work
Seemed like a good company at the time....
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 May 2016
My personal experience was not a good one. The "Chevron Way" by some management was just talk. Overall it is a good company but in our present economy there were definitely challenging times.
Pros
Every second Friday off
Great Company - tough oil environment
HES Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2016
Chevron is a wonderful company but unfortunately like others in the Energy market faces some tough climate in the near future.
great colloboration
HES Specialist - OH / WHMIS (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 February 2016
- collaboration

- politics may be get in a way with regards to performance management plan / review

- most enjoyable part was working with co-workers and stakeholders who see value in the process
Great co-workers with terrible management
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2016
The majority of my experience with Chevron was great until a new manager was brought in from overseas. He lacked the competency to perform his duties and micro-managed every aspect of the department leading to the destruction of a workplace where everyone had previously enjoyed and been proud of.
Pros
Talented co-workers
Great pay, weak management
IT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 November 2015
Worked many years at Chevron, unfortunately it went from the best place that I ever had the privilege of working to one of the worst. Weak, micromanaging and uncommunicative supervisors have taken hold and brought the company down. It's really too bad.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Lots of hours, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K