Chevron

Chevron: 257 Employee Reviews

Canada257 reviews

Found 257 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,730 reviews
stationcoffeecustomcashsafetycustomershiftservice

Challenging professional environment that focuses on safety and operational excellence

Good organizational processes that make is as fair as possible for all employees. It is a good company to get into when you're young and try to elevate yourself over the years.

Very good retail experience and also meet with different kind of people.

I am working at chevron more than 15 years. It a very good experience. I learned how to deal with different kind of people. in my working place there culture if employee working with me. very enjoyable and fun. co workers are very helpful mind.

Insights into Chevron

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Learn so many things day by day as a CSR

I really enjoy working at chevron. The management staff is very good and help all the staff members to learn new skills and give proper training. The manager is really polite and nice in nature, which is the main thing to work under this kind of personality. Besides all this, its really feel amazing when we meet and greet new people and serve them the best customer service.

meh

only good for short-term work. very long hours. some good managers, some bad. no culture while you're on the clock. no work-life balance due to long hours and weekends.

Depends on management.

Mine experience is bad. Management was not good. Long shifts but low wage. Extra time to complete work in deadline for no pay. Cheques were never given on time

Great culture with supportive colleagues.

The workplace is a fast-pace environment. You are surrounded by knowledgeable people. You will learn a lot as well as able to contribute when you feel comfortable speaking out.

Interesting place to work

I learned alot about customer service and patience.The management was decent, but the hours were long.The work environment was good, but it was an enry level job.

It is just a repeat pattern work.

You started as a cashier and then work your way up to manager. The pay scales start from the basic to a maximum of $20 per hour. There are no benefits at all. It's a good starting job but there is no growth.

Great company!

Steady pace of work during the day. Management was attentive and caring. The culture was positive. I enjoyed going to work every day. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting deadlines.

Not productive

They do not pay you enough for your work and you have to do the duties, that are not part of your job. The work environment is not good. There is only one person working at one time, so you have to take care of everything around you like exchanging propane cylinders, changing garbages outside, filling washer fluids when needed and handle a big line up. Sometimes it is difficult for one person to do all the jobs at one time.

Cons

Not enough salary and benefits

Super fun to work

Great job. Its amazing if you’re looking for something relaxed, wouldn't recommend it to someone who wants to work in a fast paced environment. Time goes by really slow.

Awesome place to work for beginning in retail

Awesome experience the owner is really nice and humble personAll thr employees are helpful and work as a teamOverall experience working at chevron is really interactive, learning new things, meeting people along with being professional and worthy.

Don’t even think of making a career out of this job

Most people working at chevron are new immigrants. It’s an ok place to start working at as a cashier to get some experience in customer service & retail and go from there. Work-life balance is ok. Management is not very professional either, those poor guys are also just biting their time there, looking for a better job. Don’t expect a good pay, all gas stations will pay just the base hourly pay. You get to deal with all the homelesspeople which is never fun. I used to call 911 literally every 2nd day. Most of the times you(the cashier) will be working all alone at the gas station which is not easy and can be very dangerous. Under no circumstances think of making a career out of this job.

Fun workplace

Really enjoy working there as a Sales representative. Great opportunities and lots of skills to learn by working there. Good environment for a new candidate to establish their skills.

productive and fun workplace

It is highly recommended and be confident at the interview.nice working hours and good pay rate.benefits and extra work hours.good working environment.

not terrible

decent job for someone out of high school or in school. not much else really. The attendants that I worked with were all great people. Low pay. low hours, and boring

Not Organised

Poor Management, low wages, no job security, Not organised form of function.Fast paced, challenging.No lunch breaks as of single person shift. Difficult to handle everything by yourself

Not the best career option- keep looking...

Once there is a downturn - and you are out the door. - and forgotten. Sadly your just a number, and all your efforts and commitment means nothing when someone wants to get recognized and awarded for making cuts...

nothing

they slave people very bad ,i dont like the manager they dont respect employers no medical or anything else the same is worst place to work for it .i dont recemond the place for any one

Pros

no yes

Good

So good. In my time , management is also good and my work.The head of gas station is very politly.I am satisfied with my job on that time.Thanks for asking

Good

Hardworking, honesty, kindness

The experience at chevron was amazing as well as challenging. Like we have to work like a professional and also have to do multitasking. It was tough in beginning but its really fun after i learned all the tasks.

Pros

I came to meet many new people and learn a lot’s of new things about the place I’m living in.

Cons

Less working hours and abusive comments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement