Chevron

Chevron Employee Reviews

Showing all 5,548 reviews

Awesome place to work for beginning in retail

Awesome experience the owner is really nice and humble personAll thr employees are helpful and work as a teamOverall experience working at chevron is really interactive, learning new things, meeting people along with being professional and worthy.

Growth in the company, supporting and learning from our expatriates and their families. .

My last typical work day was supporting 300 expatriates and their families assigned in Nigeria. I loved assisting them with their requests, managing their benefits, salaries, etc. and working with them being available to support and learn their requests.I also supported expatriates in Latin America, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines.

Its a gas station

It's rare when a customer respects the workers and at this kind of workplace with the workload we have, it is by far the most underpaid place to work at.

Alright

It isn't too bad, but isn't too good either lol. Sometimes there's too many customers and no time to do the work or take a break. But it is do able :)

Pros

Do things at your own pace

Cons

Lots of customers

Consensus thinking and limited upward mobility

Underpaid and overworked. Minimal job advancements. Hard to hire young people in refining. Lots of unhappy folks looking to switch industries and hard to compete.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Future of company

Most unorganized place I worked at

First day of work. Was SLOW everyone was just sitting around until work came they didn’t even know I was supposed there so unorganized! I stayed for 5 hrs until they sent us home because the safety manager wasn’t there and was told they would call us to come back been weeks no phone call since

Fair compensation

As a Cashier, I believe that I was paid fairly. Working the overnight shift was difficult, but all the employees got along and no micromanagement. Overall, I enjoyed working for the company. No real complaints.

Pros

No micromanagement

Cons

Overnight working hours

Good place to work, good pay and benefits. good opportunity to move within the company. Well defined raises and bonus program. 401k matching and stock options.

Pros

Good people

Cons

Look for reorganization about every 6 years or so

Ive worked at a few Chevrons and I loved working for this company.

3yrs@ Chevron- Brown/Gilbert- I ABSOLUTELY LOVED WORKING HERE!2.5yrs-Horne/McKellips- LOVED IT!11 months-Chevron- Rural/UniversityLOVED IT!I was late alot bc of transportation.I now have transportation and doRegret and I have learned from it!

Pros

Great Atmosphere

Cons

No Insurance

Professional target driven company.

Great company. Fare, transparent and offer a lifetime of opportunities. It is hard to get in, but once in your job is secure. Travel and training budgets is good.

Pros

Security

Cons

As you progress in the company, the pressure builts. They do not pay the best in the oil and industry.

Jobs at Chevron

See more jobs

It was a cool place to met new ppl

Hired a lot of messy females. Management was just as messy. Owners had no respect for others. But the store was always cleaned just to much mess. Extra cash job only

Pros

Cons

Part time career only

Good place to work if you're just starting out, much opportunity to learn and grow as a person

Started working here when I was 19, originally planned to stick around part time for a year before moving on to something else but I ended up staying longer because of how welcoming and cozy the atmosphere was. Maybe it was just because my store had some very great coworkers and manager but it felt like a second family. I learned so much during my 5 years at Chevron, not just from my coworkers but from the customers who came in every day and took a moment to talk with me. By the time I left Chevron in 2015, I was assistant manager and was being offered my own store to manage. I felt it was finally time to move on though and gracefully declined their offer. I will always remember store 1869 fondly.

Pros

free coffee, rewards program, reasonable hours

Cons

overly competitive at times

Productive and fast paced

Very good place to work and a very nice environment. Chevron follows the work life balance. They train people more on checking their body e.g blood group and all.

Pros

Free lunches and bus to you various destinations

Great work/life balance.

This company has a fun work environment, friendly people to work it and great compensation. I work a 5/2 and a 4/3 every other week I get Friday off, which is a 9/80 schedule 40 hours a week, Over time is available but you do get a break on the short week. Usually on the long week you will be on call or off depending on how many people cover the area. Benefits are great, time off is never denied. There is other schedules in different job roles/areas like 7/7, 14/14, 9/80, 10,6.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Training

Fun place to work

Working 4 days on 4 off at 10 hours a day and 12 dollars an hour. Get you propane certified and you’re set for good. Very friendly staff and management became a second family to me. We even had game nights on Saturday’s with our manager and other coworkers

Pros

Fun, energetic, caring

Cons

Work was managable and very time consuming, always found something to do sometimes, independent work.

Management was poor, they did not care about any problems. everyone talked with bitterness and just always out to get someone in trouble. no one ever took responsibility.

Pros

nice hours, good pay.

Cons

short breaks, hostile enviroment, bitter management.

Fun workplace

I enjoyed my time here at Chevron never will I forget about this job! Everyone from management, employees, and customers made this job a really nice and fun place to work.

Bad workplace toxic.

Over worked, others slacking off and make you pump gas by yourself with no support. Other people around the same pay had more break time than you. Don’t really train you at the job.

No compliance

Really good company, I have been working since 2011, good salary packages, compensations and bonuses.Good colleagues and good management no complaints at work.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

No problem

Not too bad.

Close to home. Pretty easy. I liked graveyard there. 3 locations. Great coworkers! Mystery shop bonuses! Lots of off time to go on phone or relax. Nice boss.

Great place to work with great people

A superb place with extraordinary colleagues who made an excellent environment to grow . Chevron provided a family like culture where every one respect others . Every member was connected with their respective teams as well as with wider Chevron community through various internal functions and gatherings.Leaders were easily accessible and approachable to listen work related challenges as well as mentoring on personal related matters.Overall it was a great experience working with Chevron for almost two decades and witnessed such a nice environment which is very rare elsewhere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4K
1.7K

3.4Job security/advancement

Compare Chevron with

• Chevron
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?