Chevron Employee Reviews

Found 187 reviews matching the search See all 3,873 reviews
Poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC10 May 2019
The managers didn't care about their employees. There were some very questionable things happening with some employees, and management did nothing when numerous people brought this to their attention. The hours were nice and it was pretty easy to get time off, but it wasn't worth it for me.
A large company with plenty of opportunities globally, but can be slow on career advancement
Planning Drilling Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 May 2019
Although Chevron is a global company, since the downturn, it's become very difficult to get positions overseas, and upwards mobility has all but stopped.
It has plenty of great people, and many experts in every area of petroleum engineering, so it's a great place to learn and grow.
However, they are also so process driven, that about half of your time is consumed on non-value-adding tasks simply to comply with a variety of processes.
Pros
Every second Friday off, competitive salaries
Cons
Very process oriented. Slow in adapting to change.
some decent employees and good equipment
Field operator (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB29 April 2019
Toxic work environment with little to weak leadership and support within the field group. the work area and equipmentg to be worked with was new and easy to work with.
Pros
good shift
Cons
lack of leadership
Great company
End user support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 April 2019
Large corporation with a family type environment worked with people who insured you to do good work and safety was always key to having a good day.

RyAn
Amazing environment and company to work with, Great safety culture
NURSING OFFICER (Former Employee) –  ESCRAVOS16 April 2019
A typical day at work begins with a meeting of all staffs in the unit, after which I proceed with client registration and conduct screening for employees that scheduled for medical screening( PPMS- Periodic Preventive Medical Screening, Audio-metric Screening, Vision Screening, Pulmonary Function Test, Drug and Alcohol Screening, ECG and Functional Capacity Evaluations). One key learning for me in my organization is being a team player. The organization has an amazing safety and diversity culture. In face the company slogan is Do it safely or not at all, there is always time to do it right. The hardest part of the job is having an encounter with clients that has life threatening medical conditions. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the joy in the faces of clients that I have rendered services to.
Pros
Encourage diversity and teamwork
We got acquired then we all got fired.
Attendant and Cash Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC20 March 2019
Our owner sold the store, two people got let go before it ever switched hands, and then the remaining two of us we fired under dubious circumstances and last I checked everything was run by his family members.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Meth addicts
Project Coordinator (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2019
Process oriented company with loads of templates for projects. demanding and result oriented management. pay is great and excellent atmosphere. little
Best Management I ever worked under
Service Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC4 March 2019
Simply put, the couple who owned the stations I worked at were the best owners and managers ever. They were friendly, flexible, and cared about their employees. They are big part of the reason why I've been able to live on my own and keep attending school with minimal interference. The people and community there are tight-knit and supportive, something that's hard to find in other jobs of similar nature. This was the placed were I learned all my best customer service skills, till and cash flow management, and site security procedures. Customers were always the hardest part of the job (dealing with various levels of deluded entitlement) but knowing that the team has your back takes a huge amount of the stress off.
Pros
Discounts at restaurant, great community
Cons
Unpredictable equipment, no benefits.
Nice workplace with high sense of safety culture
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 February 2019
Challenging environment to work with a talented workforce to generate innovative ideas, great benefits. A high priority for safety on how work is done, a diverse and inclusive work environment.
depressing Job at 8th street
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC28 January 2019
The last two years at chevron have been a depressing time, I have been working there for the past 4 years and the last two was taken under new management. I felt like I have been disrespected. I have been in the customer services for 5 years now and 3 prier to new management and being told what to do by new employees whom don't know the job them self's. it was stressful not knowing what days I worked cause the constant changing of schedules with out my knowledge. Also the lack of supply's and equipment that was provided for me was sad, Had to bring me own rubber cloves and rags form my home to clean stuff like toilets and pumps. there was no team work and did all labour work well the rest sat one there phones and sitting in chairs. I worked for another Chevron and never have I seen any thing like this,

Now I do recommend chevron as a great place to work just the one i was at was not good at any point. chevron is a nice place to work. its a great way to build communication skills
Review
Cashier/Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC14 January 2019
awesome place to work, awesome people to work with.
it was a very uplifting and encouraging environment, customers were amazing and life long relationships were developed.
Excellent company, would go back.
Completions Engineer for Onshore Europe Shale Gas (Former Employee) –  Warsaw11 January 2019
Chevron provides excellent technical training and career opportunities. They hire people who will fit in to their culture and I felt I got along with everyone, regardless of where they worked in the world.
Pros
Career opportunity and training, work life balance
Cons
Bureaucracy
High stress job for Store Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 January 2019
Unless you intend on becoming a franchise operator with a large amount of cash to invest then this is only a basic minimum wage type job. I was going for a franchise operator and trained in a special program but due to sudden and drastic corporate restructuring at the time it became unfeasible for me to continue to do so.
Pros
benefit of being of franchise business owner
Cons
high stress, long working hours
politics & stress
D&C HES Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Alberta10 December 2018
This work place is tooo stressful and far too policitical, it is certainly not a good place to be, certainly not a good place to work. I can not reccomend.
Great established business, great atmosphere
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fraser Lake, BC29 November 2018
I enjoyed my time working here. It was very busy which made the time go very fast. The customers were great. I would be very interested in returning to work there.
Pros
Busy place, lots of customer interaction.
Cons
Very few
Good pay! Diversified and respectful colleagues.
Operational Excellence Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2018
Good training programs.
Supportive leadership!
productive and fun place
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Smithers, BC15 November 2018
it was good company to work for.
management is pretty good
get to learn about the safety
wonderful place to learn new experiences
get to know more people
Great company to work for
Performance Analyst - Contract (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2018
Great people, work life balance, enjoyed working there and the team I was on. Treated consultants just like employees. Lots of room for growth if you're an employee.
Decent starting point as a first job for a young person
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC3 October 2018
It exposes you to life and hard work. It also enables you to appreciate the good things in life that people work for. It can be tough with outdoor work since Richmond is all full service gas stations.
Productive very fun workplace. Very flexible for work hours.
Full Serve Gas and Store Attendant (Former Employee) –  Canada29 September 2018
Great company was a very good job to gain lots of experience for my first job. Learnt lots working for this company I gained customer service and retail exoeriance.
Pros
Time and a half on hoildays
Cons
Minuim wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K