Cheshire Homes of London Employee Reviews

Great job managment is horrible
Psw (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON27 March 2019
If your a good worker they will take advantage of you. Trust no one they will all stab you in the back, nice to your face but talk behind your back. No confidentiallity what so ever. Lack of communication. Always short staffed. I worked in the oxford area and there were very few nice people you worked with. Consumers were great and very nice. I would not suggest this company to anyone. I worked there for a year. Apparently that means nothing to them. Management doesnt care about you, the more you show you are willing to do or learn the more that is expected without any give back. Depending on who your "friends" with desides what you can do or not do. Very unprofessional. Worse then high school with the drama. No one stays because flipping burgers is a better opportunity.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Managment sucked
Great Organization
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 February 2019
I've been with Cheshire for almost 8 years now and I love how caring, compassionate and dedicated all the staff are.
This is a workplace that allows you to help provide the type of care that I think we would all want for ourselves and our families. At the same time, you are given the opportunity to learn and grow within your own role and potentially move up should you want to. Keep in mind that you need to have a flexible schedule but it's worth it.
I highly recommend this organization to anyone who is passionate about providing a high level of care to people in our communities.
Pros
Culture, The Clients & Staff, Good Pay
Great organization
Employee (Current Employee) –  London, ON31 January 2019
If you want to work somewhere that really cares..this is the place to be. Great team...straight shifts...good pay and benefits. Paid for travel time and mileage
Love my job at Cheshire!
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  London, ON31 January 2019
I have worked with this organization for a short time now and can’t speak highly enough about the company and its clients.
I came into this field with a passion for caring and if that is what drives you to be a PSW you will love this job.
Cheshire is very organized when you are first hired and offers lots of training and support. There are lots of hours if you want them.
So happy to have made the move to Cheshire.
An Organization That Makes a Difference
Cheshire Employee (Current Employee) –  London, ON31 January 2019
I am pleased so say that my experience with Cheshire has been rewarding and engaging. My favorite part of this organization is the clients.
Having past experience in Hospital and Long Term Care it was refreshing to experience Cheshire's independent living philosophy and patient focused model of care.
The pay is great and there is plenty of opportunity for PSW's to work extra hours if you want to.
I love my job and will be here for a long time to come!
High stress, terrible management, over worked, burnout job.
Psw (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 January 2019
If you value yourself and have family stay away from Cheshire very poor management, always short staffed, total lack of compassion from higher ups, they have created a sense of entitlement for the clients over the years and some treat you like dirt. No weekends off, forced to work double shifts, high staff turnover high rate of burnout. The money is not worth your sanity! Absolutely the worst company I have ever worked for hands down!!
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Long hours, short staffed, bad management
Bad Bad Company
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 January 2019
They pay great, but you work your a butt off, you have no life, they have the right to make you work when ever they want, plus you carry on call. no weekends off ever, and this is a very true fact. They lie to you at the interview saying you get every second weekend off, but you don't, your a very lucky or a butt kisser, to ever get 1 weekend every 6 months. The benefits are great but you pay almost $200 a month. The company does not care about there stuff, unless your a butt kisser. The clients are great, level of care is super heavy with almost every client being a lift. DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Never a weekend off and on call.
Not fun to work here at all!!!
PSW (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 June 2018
Not a good place to work no job/life balance you are expected to work when they want , your weekends and days off are booked for you to work whether you have plans or not. Last minute scheduale changes sent to your work phone, last minute on call weekends.Team leads and managers are trained to disregard you as a person and walk all over you. Heavy work loads , short staff all the time. Very negative and emotionally draining environment. Leaving this job was the best thing I ever did!
Cons
No value placed on employees, very negative environment.
Exceptional experience gained working with consumers to optimize their autonomy.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 March 2018
Cheshire Homes has provided my the opportunity to work on my communication skills as well as allow me to build on providing effective personal support.
Not for the employee
Cheshire homes of london (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON11 December 2017
Management is not coopoative with the front line staff. But. The clients are awesome. The job itself is very rewarding. You will grow to love who you work one on one with.
Pros
Lots of hours.
Cons
Lots of hours if you like to work
Personal Attendant (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 September 2017
There are a lot of hours if you like to work. They are always short staffed but a good company to work for. They have some online training and also some other training that they provide including First aid and CPR.
Pros
Lots of hours to work
Cons
Dont get much time off
love the clients and the work is rewarding
PSW (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 September 2017
honestly if you became a health care professional because you care, than this is the company that will allow you to provide the care a client needs.

I love my job
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
lots of hours
It's a satisfying job and challenging at the same time.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON11 August 2017
More consistent hours with a good flow or hours would be better for the workers. The rate of pay is good but is caped off at maximum. Staff would benefit from more workshops.
Not a good company to work for
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON25 July 2017
After a year of 3-4hr days (spaced into one morning hour, two lunch hour and one-two evening hours) I found another job that offered a more balanced work-life with an actual living wage. I advised management I had found full time employment and would like to decrease my availability to weekends only, with full availability on weekends. They ceeased to schedule me at all from that day forward and sent my ROE stating I quit.
Union rep did not help.
DO NOT RECOMMEND this company, there are many more out there that do better with their employees. Happy employees=happy clients. Ask their clients how happy they are....
Pros
Cons
Sporadic hours. Terrible management.
My environment I love
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON5 January 2017
Very busy and stressful but also fun. You get to work and meet a lot of cool people.multi tasking is a must.This job was not Cheshire Homes, I already did that one. This is suppose to be another film company I worked for in the Fall.
Pros
Free meals
Enjoyable workplace
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London ON7 June 2016
My time here was limited as it was a school clinical placement. Was a great experience with great staff. The location was the reason I chose not to obtain employment here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cheshire Homes of London. Our community is ready to answer.

Cheshire Homes of London Reviews by Location