Cherry Hill Programs

Cherry Hill Programs Employee Reviews

Canada44 reviews
Overall it was a good experience, would love to work there next Christmas. I learned how to use a register and also how to use a camera. The management is very friendly.
Lots new processes come i9n from year to year, but they do their best to make sure we have the tools to succeed. Lots of support from corporate to the district mangers, to customer care.
I work at both the easter and santa sets for each season. My job is mostly on camera but sometimes at cash. The majority of my day is getting the kids to look at the camera and try and get a smile that the parents will like(that is the hardest part sometimes) guest have a set of packages available to chose from so selling and upselling is also easy enough to do. It is the perfect job to have if you need something for the Christmas holidays or if you need some extra money for the end of school/pre-summer.
I was bullied by the manager and talk to the district manager as well as corporate HR and nothing seemed to have been done I was let go before Christmas leaving me in a financial state where I am now trying to make ends meet and not able to find another job which is really surprising and the person that I spoke to an HR Woody said that there is a zero tolerance for harassment but I am the victim and have no job because manager still working and the person who harass me is still working there and I am the victim and I have no job very sad
Was a photographer for the Santa set at Christmas time as well as for Easter time. It was always busy with some slower periods which was normal. Worked for a great manager and had a great team. Only downfall was being seasonal work.
I have worked for CHP for about 4 years and am going into my 5th year as the local manager.
This job is a lot of fun, the workers are great, the job itself can be difficult some days when it is busy.

Overall, I have never dreaded going to work and would recommend any one to get a job as a sales associate any day.
Pros
Spreading the magical experience
Cons
Grumpy parents
Overall I liked the actual job. It was everything else that was less than satisfactory. The managers were poorly trained it seemed, hardly helped, took several long breaks, and clearly did not have much customer service experience. The schedule was not made in advance of 1-2 days, with another full time job it was hard to manage. Taking the pictures and interacting with the families was a great experience.
Is a nice place to work at for seasonal work. Provides good hours. Management could always be better as communication towards them is difficult. Coworkers are nice
Working at the Santa set helped open my eyes to the importance of effective customer service and teamwork. Everyone was very kind and helpful. The managers and coworkers definitely taught me skills that I will remember forever.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Working on the Santa Land set was very fun and I learned everything very fast since I had a very open minded manager and coworkers. I learned a lot of costumer service skills that still stick with me.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cherry Hill Programs?
It is a very high paced, high energy and fun place to work.
You are dealing with kids and families so you have to be very sensitive to ndividual needs. You will get Special People, autistic customers and pets to manage.

Good customer services skills and quick response is the criteria for success at Cherry Hill Programs.
Pros
you are the person on the spot calling the shots
Cons
they need to change with the evolving market scenario
We would take pictures of the children who came to see Santa or the Easter Bunny. We got to meet a whole bunch of kids. We sold pictures as well as frames and plush animals.
Fun seasonal job that lasted a month, great company to work for if they hire the right people for your seasonal team! would work for again during the Christmas season.
It was a great place to work and it is great if you enjoy working with children and making them smile. Only thing I didn't like was I was promised that I'd be hired again during the Christmas time as well but I hadn't heard from them, luckily I had another job else where already.
working for cherry hill is an interesting job you are often going to be working on seasonal sets like the santa set or and easter set but its a lot of fun, you get to meet new people and working with santa is always fun. it is a high pass environment with some stressful situations but it teaches great people skills and problem solving skills as well as leadership skills.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
stressful at times
The first manager was not able to execute the job effectively and this resulted in a bad outcome, however, the job did progress once schedules and shifts were organized properly.
it was a great environment to work in. everyone was normally in a happy mood. didnt like how they handled questions about cheques and bonus and took a while to get an answer
Friendly fun, very busy and hectic environment. Professional and caring, lots of fun to work for if you have a great imagination! Great employees and a wonderful boss!
Cherry Hill strives to make holiday moments memorable. They hire many temporary workers, most of whom already have full-time jobs. The workplace culture is a very relaxed one, and most of the district managers and on-site managers are very cooperative. The equipment is slightly outdated and is prone to failure and defectiveness. Training is very vague and many things I had to learn on the spot. The company offers little for growth, and most jobs are on a one-month contract.
Pros
Amazing leadership, lad-back workplace
Cons
Limited Hours, outdated equipment
My opinion on a typical day at work, what is learned, the management, workplace culture, the hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part of the job.
A typical day at work in my opinion is, is that it was challenging but awarding.

What I learned in this experience is that time is important and giving the costumers a positive experience in a workplace.

The management of this company is well put together and has a positive dynamic in the company.

The workplace culture is very easy to get comfortable in.

The hardest part of the job in my opinion is that sometimes it is very hard to accompany all of the customers needs and achieve what they expect from their of having pictures done for seasonal events ( such as Easter and Christmas), and dealing with manufactural problems that could occur within the shifts could slow down production. But needles to say, the job always gets done in time.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the employees, the costumers and of course the children.

This job is very awarding and I am very happy to work with this company.
I had the best time working for Cherry Hill's Santa Set. The managers were kind, my co-workers were great, and the work is doesn't feel like work. The job is super simple, and great for extra income during the christmas season.
Pros
free photo with santa, any package size!
Cons
Short hours