Cherry Hill Photo Employee Reviews

Unorganized workplace
PART TIME AT CHERRY HILL CHRISTMAS PHOTOS (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC4 May 2018
The first manager was not able to execute the job effectively and this resulted in a bad outcome, however, the job did progress once schedules and shifts were organized properly.
happy place to be
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 April 2018
it was a great environment to work in. everyone was normally in a happy mood. didnt like how they handled questions about cheques and bonus and took a while to get an answer
Awesome
Greeter / Photographer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, BM22 January 2018
Friendly fun, very busy and hectic environment. Professional and caring, lots of fun to work for if you have a great imagination! Great employees and a wonderful boss!
Great coworkers, uncooperative management and defective equipment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON19 December 2017
Cherry Hill strives to make holiday moments memorable. They hire many temporary workers, most of whom already have full-time jobs. The workplace culture is a very relaxed one, and most of the district managers and on-site managers are very cooperative. The equipment is slightly outdated and is prone to failure and defectiveness. Training is very vague and many things I had to learn on the spot. The company offers little for growth, and most jobs are on a one-month contract.
Pros
Amazing leadership, lad-back workplace
Cons
Limited Hours, outdated equipment
Fully enjoyable work experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL4 October 2017
My opinion on a typical day at work, what is learned, the management, workplace culture, the hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part of the job.
A typical day at work in my opinion is, is that it was challenging but awarding.
What I learned in this experience is that time is important and giving the costumers a positive experience in a workplace.
The management of this company is well put together and has a positive dynamic in the company.
The workplace culture is very easy to get comfortable in.
The hardest part of the job in my opinion is that sometimes it is very hard to accompany all of the customers needs and achieve what they expect from their of having pictures done for seasonal events ( such as Easter and Christmas), and dealing with manufactural problems that could occur within the shifts could slow down production. But needles to say, the job always gets done in time.
The most enjoyable part of this job is the employees, the costumers and of course the children.
This job is very awarding and I am very happy to work with this company.
Great environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC27 June 2017
I had the best time working for Cherry Hill's Santa Set. The managers were kind, my co-workers were great, and the work is doesn't feel like work. The job is super simple, and great for extra income during the christmas season.
Pros
free photo with santa, any package size!
Cons
Short hours
Seasonal
Manager & Photographer - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON4 May 2017
Working with majority of children and family and teams with Santa or the Easter bunny.

Capturing quick traditional moments wit the seasonal mascot.
Pros
Fast Paced, Get to meet different people and family all the time.
Cons
Seasonal and Some slow to very dead times during the day.
Good until new managment
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON27 February 2017
I worked there seasonally and it was great in until they switched managers, then it was horrible. (The hours, treatment of workers, responsibilities and overall job.)
Very easy work environment, fun and motivated staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 February 2017
Very easy work environment, fun and motivated staff. Management is very approachable and friendly. Willing to help staff with any questions they may have.
Enjoyable Work Enviroment
Seasonal Photographer (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB13 January 2017
I was hired as a seasonal photographer by Cherry Hill Photo for the santa booth which was held at the local mall.

A Typical Day at Work:

The days were spent interacting with families, helping decide which photo package they would like. I would organize large groups so that everyone would be captured in the photo. I kept an eye out for people taking external photos with their phones and politely reminded them of our 'no external photos' policy. I would also keep track of how many kids came in just to visit Santa.

On the technical side I would position the camera as necessary, replace the paper and toner in the printers, reboot and troubleshoot the computer if any problems arose, etc.

I would keep the candy canes and stickers in stock for Santa. I would also clean up the play area nearby (align tables and chairs, replenish the coloring pages, throw away broken crayons, etc.)

What I Learned:

I learned how to operate the camera, the computer, and the two printers. I learned how to troubleshoot if any technical problems arose.

I interacted with hundreds of customers, 90% were very patient and friendly when it came to getting the perfect picture.

Management:

Management was fairly friendly and willing to lend a hand if the day got busy. The downside was that the work schedule was very unstable - I would only know maybe a day in advance when my next shift was, and there was one week where I wasn't scheduled at all even when they knew of my full availability.

Co-Workers:

My co-workers were very fun to work with (both the helpers and the santas). It
  more... was very easy to talk to each other, we got to know each other really well, and in the end we all became good friends.

Hardest Part of the Job:
There weren't really any hard parts per se, other than having the stamina to be on my feet all day - although we were allowed to sit with the Santas during lulls and when Santas was on break.

Most Enjoyable Part of the Job:
Definitely the people I worked with. They were such a blast to work with and they were all such big sweethearts.
Pros
Co-Workers, General Atmosphere
Cons
Unstable Schedule, Low Pay, No Breaks
okay
Santa's Helper (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL4 January 2017
it was nice to work there, people were friendly but the management wasn't all that great. but other than that i adored it, i love working with kids and being around peoplex
Pros
Being around people
Cons
The manager wasn't great
fun job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Guildford, BC31 October 2016
cherry hill is a very fun and fast pace job you have a lot of fun in this job your tasks go from asking what package they would like to get to taking cash to taking pictures of the kids
Pros
mall discounts and free photos
Cons
costumers have short patience
Poor management on the corporate level no support for employees
Set Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver bc.7 September 2016
I worked for cherryhill for a number of years
The job it self if very fun! However the pay never did match the hours one puts in. As a set manager I was expected to do all pretty much run the business like your own. Which lead to 50 60 hr weeks and just a small base salary. I had a great district manager that was always there for me. However I felt there just was no support from the home office. I was constantly having to prove myself with an office filled with highly incompetent people.
My stress levels were constantly up as we would have continual issues with equipment due to a home warehouse that would send us broken down equipment.
Overall a poor company due to its incompetent home office staff.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Poor corporate management.low salary unpaid overtime
Typical part time job
Holiday Helper (Temp - Holiday Season) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2016
The job in and of itself is easy. Set up camera, let parents in with kids, take pictures, point of sale, upsell, goodbye.

But at our particular location people waited HOURS for their chance to sit with Santa, and we weren't allowed to close the line ahead of time (estimating how many would get in before Santa's break) and we dealt with A LOT of angry customers. It was the worst part of the job. The particular mall we were at might have made money having Cherry Hill there (because the prices were crazy for the demo of the mall) but having parents and children wait in line instead of SHOPPING in the mall while waiting for their picture was a huge huge huuuuge mistake.

Management is also a joke and they couldn't keep us stocked with basics like price sheets and bags.
Pros
short term holiday work, fun
Cons
long hours without adequate breaks, standing 10-12 hours without proper mats under your feet, crazy parents at Christmas
Helper
Santa's Helper (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON11 February 2016
Loved this job! Super fun and exciting environment, very energetic and exciting to work and the people you work with. Highly recommend.
fast paced and positive workplace
SET UP TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC25 January 2016
I Learned how to take professional pictures, edit them, and print them out in different sizes.
How to make children smile and communicate with them.
A better sense of selling merchandise and connecting with customers.
worked with a fun team! We all worked together and needed everyones approval and communication before taking action.
Pros
working with kids, dairy queen coupons
Ideal for people require temporary seasonal employment. Positions could be balanced with other jobs.
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 November 2015
This company is American based and so there are a few disconnects between American and Canadian relations. However, management does strive to be consistently available. Contract is only 6 weeks and so provides limited experience, but a nice boost in income during the holiday season. Work is rewarding, although, as with any customer service job there are occasional hiccups.
A typical day at work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON6 September 2015
we had to ensure that each customer left happy and enjoyed their stay, if not we made it our goal to do the best that we possibly could. A typical day at work would be going down opening up getting everything ready for the day ahead of us. setting the cash and camera up, turning on the computers then going up and getting santa clause. Thats when our day would begin, we would greet the customer and allow them to talk to santa, if they wanted a picture we would consult with the parent as to what package they wanted then take 3-5 photos , choose the best one and show the customer . If they approved we would continue onto cash where you would offer any merchandise they continue on with the payment and tell them about our promotions going on
Pros
good hours
Cons
no benifets
Fun, safe work environment
Santa's Helper (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC27 July 2015
Everyone at Cherry Hill was really nice and understanding. I had no problems working there and had a great time being apart of the staff. Speaking of the staff, everyone was super accepting and welcoming I felt right at home. It was overwhelming at times but easily worked out with patience and concentration. Overall I had a fantastic experience.
Pros
Free candy canes
Cons
long days
A Fun but Disorganized mess
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 May 2015
-learned how to be patient with customers
-talk to the Santa
-management was experienced
-friendly co workers
-fast pace
-seasonal job
-Roles: Line Manager, Photographer, Picture Editor, Cashier
Pros
take a pic with Santa, cute kids
Cons
training not taught properly, rules kept changing over time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cherry Hill Photo. Our community is ready to answer.