Chemtrade Logistics Management reviews

good place to work
Accounts Payable & Rail Administrative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2018
Nice place to work , good staff , cooperative management . Work culture is very good . But my manager was little bit wired in giving me extra hours . SAP was the best part of the job
Stay clear of this one
Operator (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC4 July 2018
Management is horrible, arrogant engineer spells disaster! Manager that won't make a decision, backstabbing! No support from management up. Letterhead says people first, but that is the farthest from the truth possible. Pay is ok but not worth the stress . Dangerous place to work and a terrible polluter.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Bad management, bad atmosphere, bad pollution, bad engineering, just all around bad place!
good place to work... can get boring
Fleet Logistics (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2016
Overall a great place to work. Fun people to work with, except a few of course. No official provided to learn applications, not a lot of direction provided by managers. They go by doing their work, and expecting you to figure everything out yourself. However Senior management were really approachable. Something I haven't seen anywhere else.

Direct manager was always in his office, no direction was provided regarding job duties.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
no training provided, lack of direction
Official response from Chemtrade Logistics
18 June 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We value your opinion and we are glad that you had a positive experience with the senior management. We are committed to continuous improvement of our employee experience by internal recognition program (CHEers!) and learning and development opportunities with Chemtrade University.

Various functions typical of a plant manager
Plant Manager - Acid Plant (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC28 February 2016
Includes everything from budget management, review of productivity and plant costs, ensuring safety and environmental compliance, plant reliability, developing and mentoring people, ensuring product quality, ensuring a viable operation, capital execution, technical oversight of plant operations and so forth.
Pros
the people at the plant are exceptional
Cons
excessive hours
Great boss, great people, fun work atmosphere
Customer Service & Logistics (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB29 March 2014
Corporate restructuring resulted in entire department being laid off. Got the news on Tuesday but did not find out how this would affect us for over a week. A week of hell, very badly handled by HR.
Pros
Great benefits and people
Cons
Unevenly distributed workloads, minimal training