Chemco

Chemco Employee Reviews for Electrician

Great place to work. Very professional management, the best contractor I've worked for in the oil sands. Everything from the travel arrangements to the site coordination was great. They take care of their employees.
Pros
Wages, working conditions and management
Cons
Good time, good journeymen, decent management. Not too much to complain about.
One of the better companies I have worked for. They seem to have enough of the right equipment to do the job. Kind of a clicky company. Pays to know someone
My time at this company was with the high voltage crew and I found it was a positive experience. I would love to work for this company in the future as they treat their people well, they make safety a top priority, and have good management.
Pros
fare treatment and good wages
Cons
most of their work depends on fluctuating oil and gas economy
safety meeting(tool box talk) stretch .discuss plan of action for the day and how to safely execute these plans with our supervisor and co-workers and ensuring everyone understands their duties for the day and open floor discussion for the days plans.
Pros
always planning ahead
Cons
work away from family
good management and work culture. i enjoyed working chemco. they expect a hard days work for a honest days pay. saving is most important and they run a very good job.
When the Oil and Gas is busy, they are busy, and work in some of the biggest facilities/plants out there. They can have hundreds of men on a site, so it can be very busy, but they get the job done with people that have experience. Some of their leads are excellent, but some should be better picked, and need more experienced, or have better lead personalities, so fair placements should exsist.
Pros
Significant mega projects and will do what they can to keep you working. You can make great money.
Cons
Longs days, 10-12 hour days. Planning and material management needs improvement
fantastic facilities, great food, excellent staff, job and transportation were very well organised, These few things made camp work quite pleasant, Everyone refereed to this camp as being trapped, i found that the management company really went out of their way to ensure people had plenty of activities to choose from and kept busy, i would certainly go back!
Pros
organised, great facilities, great food, fantastic staff
Cons
strongly affected by the price of oil.
The quality of life is extremely dependant on the job location, schedule and attitude of the management. The company tends to be a bit cliquey
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Chemco?