Chemco

Chemco Employee Reviews

I have enjoyed working for the company. Co workers are kind and hard working.Allowing for advancement and knowing that you will be taught to carry through this advanced area of work from learning safe practices.
Travail agréable l’équipe est super on a de beau bureau
Pros
Café gratuit
Cons
Aucun
This company is great to work for. As big as they are, they treat you very well. Working out of town I had a family emergency and they had me on an Air Canada flight within 2 hours.
Come on Site morning meetings go to your equipment do your walk around do all your safety checks open win to hear there horn to stop when backing in pay Att to your Radio
very fast paced invierment . he super visiors are great and everybody really gets along as a team and as friend . real business first job. great first job.
Upper management completely out of touch with industry. Same story as anywhere else, head office makes unilateral changes to justify their bloated salaries, regardless of impact on front line workers, they focus only on numbers and not on customer service or taking care of employees. Most management are hired because of corporate compatibility rather than industry experience. There is no formal training. Vehicles and equipment are rarely serviced, maintenance is up to the workers. Prepare to be frustrated beyond belief most days. Some staff members are really great, some of who smile at their co-workers and trash talk them behind their back. This should be a last resort. Pros Home daily Cons Sporadic overtime, no communication, old equipment, lack of proper tools, no training, too many snakes in the pit!
Chemco is a great place to work. They have employee incentives that give you a point a week to be cashed in for merchandise. Management is typically well trained.
It was a good working environment and for the time I was their it was very rewarding and a nice clean comfortable work environment and also competitive for promotions.
they supplied a culture like anywhere, with values and safety aspects. Only issue I had here was that it was a bit much for me waiting for another job, even though I was told I would most likely be hired again. Met some great people!
Great place to work. Very professional management, the best contractor I've worked for in the oil sands. Everything from the travel arrangements to the site coordination was great. They take care of their employees.
Pros
Wages, working conditions and management
Cons
Good time, good journeymen, decent management. Not too much to complain about.
The job was great and the co-workers were great, but the current owners are not. They care more about saving the company money than taking care of their employees. They provide the minimum amount of PTO, if that, they pay minimum wage to most of their employees, they do not offer a 401K, and they only offer to pay for half of your medical premium. They don't follow the employment laws, and if you try to talk to them about it, they get mad and act like they know everything. They are in the process of selling the company, but the sale has been in process for over a year now, and could be in process for another year or more.
Good company to work for. Usually keep you steady with work. Upper management seemed pretty fair and reasonable with time required to complete tasks.
this job was the same as any other job that the union has in edmonton.. scabby outfit that thinks 424 can do all other jobs on site while real workers in the industry stay home
Bekerjalah dengan sungguh-sungguh.kerja keras,dan siplin
Pros
Kualitas barang-barang Ok
Chemco is a great company to work for. As long as you show up every day that your scheduled, and do your job you will do fine. Foreman’s, GFs and superintendents were great to work with and for. I spent 5 plus years working for this company.
Pros
Great group of people to work with and for
Cons
Safety is getting a little crazy
they do not have professional ethics and they treat the worker very badly, they are exploitative and the pay is terrible, not recommending this job.
awesome place to work. always getting free lunches . gift cards to many places to eat. big christmas bonus. raises twice a year. always had coffee and either biscuits or donouts for everybody. if all the work was done and we did not expect any more trucks. we were allowed to go home early with pay for a full day.
Pros
great people
Cons
they moved to CANADA
I enjoyed working for Chemco for over 10 years very great company unfortunately I was let go ! Have nothing Bad to say about Chemco ! Looking forward to starting something new if given the opportunity
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No pay raises
Great People, Amazing managers, approachable in every way, Job security is low, but so is any job in the trades we all know that, and it should not be held against the company at all.
This Job was a shutdown with a lot of people working on it. I believe somewhere near 3000 or so. we did some Demolition then tubed a vessel for a purge system. safely done.
  1. Employee reviews