Chemco

Chemco Employee Reviews

Canada42 reviews
This company is great to work for. As big as they are, they treat you very well. Working out of town I had a family emergency and they had me on an Air Canada flight within 2 hours.
Come on Site morning meetings go to your equipment do your walk around do all your safety checks open win to hear there horn to stop when backing in pay Att to your Radio
Upper management completely out of touch with industry. Same story as anywhere else, head office makes unilateral changes to justify their bloated salaries, regardless of impact on front line workers, they focus only on numbers and not on customer service or taking care of employees. Most management are hired because of corporate compatibility rather than industry experience. There is no formal training. Vehicles and equipment are rarely serviced, maintenance is up to the workers. Prepare to be frustrated beyond belief most days. Some staff members are really great, some of who smile at their co-workers and trash talk them behind their back. This should be a last resort.

Pros

Home daily

Cons

Sporadic overtime, no communication, old equipment, lack of proper tools, no training, too many snakes in the pit!
Chemco is a great place to work. They have employee incentives that give you a point a week to be cashed in for merchandise. Management is typically well trained.
they supplied a culture like anywhere, with values and safety aspects. Only issue I had here was that it was a bit much for me waiting for another job, even though I was told I would most likely be hired again. Met some great people!
Great place to work. Very professional management, the best contractor I've worked for in the oil sands.

Everything from the travel arrangements to the site coordination was great. They take care of their employees.
Pros
Wages, working conditions and management
Cons
Good time, good journeymen, decent management. Not too much to complain about.
Good company to work for. Usually keep you steady with work. Upper management seemed pretty fair and reasonable with time required to complete tasks.
this job was the same as any other job that the union has in edmonton.. scabby outfit that thinks 424 can do all other jobs on site while real workers in the industry stay home
Chemco is a great company to work for. As long as you show up every day that your scheduled, and do your job you will do fine. Foreman’s, GFs and superintendents were great to work with and for. I spent 5 plus years working for this company.
Pros
Great group of people to work with and for
Cons
Safety is getting a little crazy
Great People, Amazing managers, approachable in every way, Job security is low, but so is any job in the trades we all know that, and it should not be held against the company at all.
This Job was a shutdown with a lot of people working on it. I believe somewhere near 3000 or so. we did some Demolition then tubed a vessel for a purge system. safely done.
One of the better companies I have worked for. They seem to have enough of the right equipment to do the job.
Kind of a clicky company. Pays to know someone
The work environment is excellent, the safety culture is very good. This company makes sure that you have the tools and material you need to do the job.
Every on at chemco is a great bunch of guys to work for the ceo`s wear excellent and if you needed sum personal time to go the bank or dr, appointment it was not a problem
Pros
Had a lunch trailer
Cons
Very good hours
pay is great but it is a family owned business and mainly family members are in management, although for long term employees they do have the option to buy in.
i would go back and work for them any day that they would let me if they would let me, really enjoyed most of the people alot better than most places ive worked
Pros
double time
Cons
regular time
This company treats people fair, pays well, and is managed well. I was here for a short time but I haven't worked for a better company. I have said it before no company is perfect but Chemco is one of the best.
Pros
great pay and office staff is respectful
Cons
didn't get to work there longer
Great company to work for, this company works on all the big projects, keep you working all year round, and are a fair and reasonable company. Their is always room to grow and move up within the company if you choose.
My time at this company was with the high voltage crew and I found it was a positive experience. I would love to work for this company in the future as they treat their people well, they make safety a top priority, and have good management.
Pros
fare treatment and good wages
Cons
most of their work depends on fluctuating oil and gas economy
My experience with CHEMCO was great. I have learned several new tasks and boosted my confidence working for this company. Work was done in a collaborative, respectful, and fun manner. It is managed with great, and hardworking management.