Chemco Employee Reviews

Purge Tubing Job
INSTRUMENT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Agrium10 December 2018
This Job was a shutdown with a lot of people working on it. I believe somewhere near 3000 or so. we did some Demolition then tubed a vessel for a purge system. safely done.
Ok
Welder Electrician (Former Employee) –  NWR23 October 2018
One of the better companies I have worked for. They seem to have enough of the right equipment to do the job.
Kind of a clicky company. Pays to know someone
Good work Environment
SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 August 2018
The work environment is excellent, the safety culture is very good. This company makes sure that you have the tools and material you need to do the job.
Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB25 July 2018
Every on at chemco is a great bunch of guys to work for the ceo`s wear excellent and if you needed sum personal time to go the bank or dr, appointment it was not a problem
Pros
Had a lunch trailer
Cons
Very good hours
family owned
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 June 2018
pay is great but it is a family owned business and mainly family members are in management, although for long term employees they do have the option to buy in.
was a great privilege to work for very nice people
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 May 2018
i would go back and work for them any day that they would let me if they would let me, really enjoyed most of the people alot better than most places ive worked
Pros
double time
Cons
regular time
If you get the opportunity take it
High Voltage Tech (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2018
This company treats people fair, pays well, and is managed well. I was here for a short time but I haven't worked for a better company. I have said it before no company is perfect but Chemco is one of the best.
Pros
great pay and office staff is respectful
Cons
didn't get to work there longer
Large Electrical Company
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 March 2018
Great company to work for, this company works on all the big projects, keep you working all year round, and are a fair and reasonable company. Their is always room to grow and move up within the company if you choose.
one of the better companies out there
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB8 March 2018
My time at this company was with the high voltage crew and I found it was a positive experience. I would love to work for this company in the future as they treat their people well, they make safety a top priority, and have good management.
Pros
fare treatment and good wages
Cons
most of their work depends on fluctuating oil and gas economy
Productive and collaborative
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 December 2017
My experience with CHEMCO was great. I have learned several new tasks and boosted my confidence working for this company. Work was done in a collaborative, respectful, and fun manner. It is managed with great, and hardworking management.
have always enjoyed working for for this company
JM Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 December 2017
safety meeting(tool box talk) stretch .discuss plan of action for the day and how to safely execute these plans with our supervisor and co-workers and ensuring everyone understands their duties for the day and open floor discussion for the days plans.
Pros
always planning ahead
Cons
work away from family
great place to work
JM Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2017
good management and work culture. i enjoyed working chemco.
they expect a hard days work for a honest days pay. saving is most important and they run a very good job.
Safe company in the oil and gas industry
Electrician Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC14 September 2017
I enjoy working in oil and gas and with chemco I found a safe work site that supplied the fr coveralls to all of us which is nice as I am use to supplying all my own gear. I would work for them again
Pros
safety gear was new
Cons
needs more long term jobs
Best Contratcor
Industrial Electrician Apprentice 3rd Year (Former Employee) –  Langdon, AB1 September 2017
I enjoyed my short time working for them. The pay was good and the management was good to. Workers are treated fairly and the safety culture is above average.
Very well organized company
Electrical Planner (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB9 May 2017
This is a very well organized and managed company. I enjoyed my time working with them and the only reason I left was due to lack off work and I found a better job.
Fun environment with lots to learn.
Telecommunications Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 May 2017
As a starter telecommunications technician for chemco on the telus falcon project, sometimes work can be tedius and repetative. Duties like shoveling, filling holes, and moving wheelbarrels full of material. There is however lots to learn, and everyone is willing to teach you. There is so much room to grow, you can move on to pulling the fiber through the conduit, or splicing and testing fiber connections. They offer an apprenticeship to become a journeyman telecom tech, and with that they allow you to grow and be successfull.

Hours are somewhat long, mon to fri and sat is overtime 7:30am to 6pm. Although you are home every night.
Pros
Home Every Night, Overtime, Fun Work Environment.
Cons
Long Hours
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Redwater, AB13 March 2017
This was a good place to work. Good work dynamic among coworkers, and foreman were very approachable. Had lots of fun, and enjoyed working with everyone.
fun
Electrical Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 March 2017
Great company and excellent company to work for. Pays always on time. the material always in stock. Never a problem getting answers. They give you room to grow into bigger and better positions.
Lots of work opertunities, great pay and benefits
Maintenance Electrician -Shell Scotford Upgrader (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB2 March 2017
Worked for Chemco for 4+ years in maintenance and turnaround outages. Very structured, management and safety departments. Great opertunities to work with a good group of guys while being a member of the IBEW 424.
Pros
Solidly run management and coordination.
Cons
Very large company
very selective
Journeyman Electrician qa/qc inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 February 2017
good work but to much politicks, very strict in some not important cassis ,kearl lake site sucks !! long bussing and hrs.qa/qc department little different ! good people nice not forcing work
Pros
nice buses to work
Cons
long hrs