Chefs Plate

Good and clean environment
Freindly collegues and guides
Good management system

Timely salary provided

Break is given but unpaid

Good time management

Almost good comoanh and good atmosohere
Fast paced warehouse
Rank and file employees spend most of their days either standing at a table portioning ingredients or packing "meal kits"; either putting those portioned ingredients into the kit or packing the kits into boxes according to client orders. It can be tedious work but it isn't rocket surgery either. Very little growth as front line supervisors are plentiful and the turnover tends to from the rank and file. Top management (within the facility) tends to be mercurial; often contradicting himself as seems more focused on telling people they are doing wrong rather than having a clear idea on how to do things right.
Pros
weekly access to overstock ingredients can help fill your home pantry.
Cons
Often tedious work; they make hard workers work harder to compensate for the lazy ones.
Productive and friendly workplace with Chefs Plate Company.
When the online orders are high we need to work for the long hours and should make the work done. It is the place where everyone gathers and help each others whenever needed and working friendly. Management use to watch everyone and they use to involve in our work and give the feedback about the work done and suggest if there are anything to be done. The work place culture is really awesome, everyone are friendly in nature and supportive to each others work and let all be happy at the end. Hardest part of the job is to work in cold environment where hands & legs feels like freezing and should stand for long hours. I really enjoyed at the workplace because the interaction between all the employers are friendly and feels like family atmosphere.
Poorly managed, but easy to climb
I've been working at Chef'splate since just after it opened. It's an extremely easy job, in the starting positions. Very relaxed line work. However, management and scheduling are a constant issue. My schedule consists of 6 day weeks (done in a way to prevent overtime), working until midnight, and then the next day starting at 7 or 8AM. Working weekends, and every holiday (except christmas day), and 9 hour days with in-adequate breaks. Management refuses to hire an additional QA so this will stay the norm.
Most staff quit after a few months (management included), so climbing the ladder is very quick and easy, given you put in the effort.

There is a cultural divide between management and staff. 95% of the staff speak almost exclusively Punjabi, where as none of the management does. On top of that, office crew get to go to special events (amusement parks, dinners, and etc.) where as the associates are very intentionally not told of these events.

There are no benefits (though we were promised them 2 years ago), possibility for a 50 cent raise after a year (as minimum wage increases, your pay will not), but you do get free food every week. Keep in mind that the food bank no longer accepts this food as a donation, due to poor quality.
No comment
It was a good place to work. duties included packing boxes with recipe ingredients and separating according to type of food. these were then delivered to customers.
Bad place to work
Very condescending characters at Chefs Plate. Management expects you to come up with solutions that are meant to be tackled by the operations department. They recently introduced a tax on the "discounted" food they are meant to give employees. Hyper-aggressive management. Don't work here.
New and Challenging everyday!
Working with a supply chain i realized that one gets to face new challenges everyday. The changes are real time and there is always room for improvement , to find bottlenecks and save labor , use optimum resources for best output keeping in mind the quality of the product.

Its amazing to work as a team where every ones opinion matters and is taken into account when a decision is made
Fairly good place to work
No benefit, no guaranteed work hours, unfavourable work conditions
Lovely team mates, free food stuff to take home, relaxed work environment (casual) .
Pros
Free food
Cons
Limited work hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Chefs Plate?
Easy place to grow your skills
Great job for people that are interested in the food business. People were very friendly and management makes it very easy for you to feel welcomed at work everyday.
Pros
great pay, people
Cons
very cold and long periods of standing
Poor leadership - Use you until spent
This company only serves to provide a cushy environment for upper-management

extremely poor senior leadership, poor decision making.

poor benefits, non-competitive salary

working hours are absolutely insane , with the expectation of a lot of uncompensated over time.

You are rewarded for hard work and dedication by being undervalued and underappreciated.
Unfriendly, Toxic and rude work environment
Though a fast paced work environment, you will end up being blamed if something goes wrong when working in the place by coworkers Some of them don't even follow the rules in the work place and they expect me to when some of them don't. Most of the times working with the coworkers and some of the supervisors can be uncomfortable. Extremely Toxic, Rude and unfriendly Coworkers. You are at your own risk working there....
collaborative workspace
Really mundane work but the coworkers make up for it and create a sense of family with fun music played during working hours. Management is understanding when it comes to absences or personal issues.
Unorganized, toxic environment
I worked with Chefs Plate when they just opened. I proceeded for months. While I was one of the more reliable employees (they would ask me to do more, and had me take on more responsibility), I noticed that the way they treat people was not kindly. Even in a position of more responsibility, if anything went slightly wrong, management would immediately come and blame you, as opposed to properly communicating it and fixing any errors. It was a high stress environment, and while the company itself is a good idea, and the CEO is very nice, the supervisors and managers didn't handle high stress, or take new ideas into consideration. They were very rude to their ethnic workers, would not properly train anyone, and morale was very low.
I enjoyed the people I worked with more than anything, but slowly it turned more and more into a negative place to be. I believe this could be a good place to work if management listened, and focused on the people working, but when I was there that was not the case. Everyone working despised the environment and the people they worked for. It's a very gossipy, dramatic place. Pay wasn't too great either, and they demanded overtime multiple times a week. They brought on an afternoon shift for the extra work load, but then would cancel their shifts multiple times a week.
Pros
free lunch once a month, take home extra food that wasn't kitted once a week
Cons
gossipy, unorganized, management wouldn't listen
Not Available
It is a good company for people who are beginning their careers. The staff and the technicians are very friendly and Helpful. The management is poor and could use some work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chefs Plate. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9