Chatters Limited Partnership Employee Reviews

Good for passing time
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2018
Unless you're a stylist, they don't treat you very well. Bonuses, better wages, and benefits are better for a part-time stylist than a part-time receptionist. Management is fluff, they do a lot of talk but no action and have preferences for bubbles than ethic. They offer a good discount for employees, but even that is inconsistent where you work. One manager could say wait for 3 month probation and that same one (if they like a new employee), they will give the discount right away.

There is no environment of "teamwork" anywhere, let alone cohesion between salon and reception. Poor layout and work experience overall. The only way you get "bonuses" is you have to constantly upsell customers extra products $6+ only to get $1 on your paycheque.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Poor management
Drama
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB13 August 2018
There is all girls working there, which makes for some very drama filled days and rude at sometimes. However for the most part it was a fun and relaxed atmosphere.
Fun environment to work in
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 June 2018
This job is not a hard one to do, its basic customer service and ensuring the clients are happy. The co workers are fun and laid back making it easy to get along and make friends. The management is understand and accepting, as long as you are able to be smart and reliable its a great place to work.
Pros
Constant hours
Cons
Hair clients are crazy
fine
Beauty consultant / Key holder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2018
no advancement within or raises would rather cycle through new
poeple then train them most people are nice maagment doesnt have any control theft occurs
Excellent job experience
Salon Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC17 April 2018
I was flown to Red Deer for for excellent training on running the front desk and have been able to assist in the set up of the Maple Ridge Chatters Hair Salon, Green Apple Hair Shop at TD Square in Calgary and Chatters in Market Mall in Calgary, AB. People at head office are great people to work for and I always enjoyed working with everyone in the salon.
fun work place
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 April 2018
Continuing education opportunities, inherently satisfying work, friendly colleagues, good supervision, ability to consult with clinical team lead at all times.
Pros
fun staff
Didnt enjoy working here
former stylist (Former Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC15 March 2018
With every creative field you have to get along with people in order to do well. I found the management to be difficult to work with and I always felt stressed and like I was walking on eggshells around them and I wasnt the only one who felt that way. They try to sell themselves as an inclusive salon promoting self expression, that wasnt my experience at all. More than one stylist felt bullied out of a job and more than one employee aside from myself felt like we were being singled out by management, overall my experience was negative, it made me rethink working in this industry.
Pros
good opportunities to learn
Cons
management didnt seem good at balancing different personality types.
Great Place to work!
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC10 February 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Chatters. I was in West Kelowna. Management was awesome, staff was great (no drama in a Hair salon!!) so many training opportunities, competitive wages, great Christmas parties!

The only drawbacks I found was they open 363 days of the year. So it made family time a challenge at holidays. It can be hard to get Sunday’s off.

If you want to gain experience fast, or build a quick clientele while have a great work environment and support, Chatters is the place to go! At least the West Bank BC location.
Pros
Training, products, co-workers
Cons
Open all the time
Great environment
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON16 January 2018
Fun environment with an amazing staff! Everyday at work was enjoyable and customers were amazing. Management was unreal, the job is not aggressively competitive like other jobs in sales.
Pros
Great job if you love learning about hair products
Fun and friendly Work place
Jr hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 November 2017
Great company to work for and bring your clientel to, uses Redken colour and well priced.
Treats staff very well would definitely recommend to anyone
great
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC28 November 2017
great place to work amazing people. wouldn't want to change a thing except more hours and being sent home. aside from that i love working here . having great managers and co workers and clients
Fun!
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 November 2017
honestly an amazing company you could ever work for. Amazing deals for stylist and spa. As a company they really do want you to succeed and grow as an individual.
Pros
amazing deals and staff incentives
Cons
Long Hours
learning new things about products and having the knowledge
orderly check-out areas and store (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2017
I would book appointments and help customers find the right products. Got knowledge the differences between the products and I learned patience and kindness and how to greet customers. Management was well very organized and productive. The hardest part was customers who came late for their appointments. Meeting new people everyday.
Pros
discounts on products
Cons
customers missing their appointments or customers coming late for their appointments
Super energetic, busy atmosphere.
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC9 October 2017
Always wanting something to do? Chatters is always super busy and knowledgeable. The management in Nanaimo (KAT) Is absoultely spectacular. I must say I do miss working with these lovely ladies. Sure we had our days arguing with some of the back end but there was always so much life. Such a great store to work in if you are interested in the beauty world.
Pros
great friendships, lots of learning, always kept busy
Cons
some of the stylists really need a reality check
productive, time consuming
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK6 October 2017
A day at work involved taking client calls, booking appointments, learning how products sold, recommending products for clients, cleaning, doing inventory, dealing with money at the cash register, opening and closing the store.
I learned how to develop an outstanding customer service attitude, multitask, open and close the store, and take/put out inventory.
Workplace culture wasn't very friendly and that's why I wasn't there for long. The hairstylists in the back were always gossiping and I didn't want to be involved in a negative environment as such.
Hardest part of the job was having to deal with unpleasant clients.
Most enjoyable part was learning skills to apply to jobs I'll have in the future.
Pros
extra money for selling certain profucts, free hair products
Cons
management was horrible, all the owner cared about was making money and not about the employees
Not a good environment
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB25 September 2017
Typical day is standing behind the desk answering phones and greeting customers. Stocking shelves and dusting, then getting in trouble for dusting too much. Lots of catty drama, hair dressers cause drama with the front end people. Management isn't understanding or helpful. Overall not a good environment if you like to keep busy and feel like you've accomplished stuff. Also if you like to feel appreciated.
Cons
immature management, drama
great benefits, and continuing education
Red Seal Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB21 September 2017
There are a lot of perks to working for a corporation like chatters, such as benefits, rrsp matching and education. You will get to work with a big variety of personalities which is character building.
Pros
great career and benefits
Cons
pay
Could have been a great job
Employee (Former Employee) –  Ontario, Canada27 August 2017
You guys definitely need to replace alot of your management, also a lot of your employees, both front end and stylists. Unless you're perfect, you won't make it here.
Bad management
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB3 August 2017
Stay away you are just a body nothing more all they care about is their money they have a huge amount of turn over in the warehouse and you get paid terribly for the amount of work you do good for a high school student because it's like going back to high school again!
Pros
Hours were nice and the people you work with were nice
Cons
Horrible pay dont get bennifits till 9 months in they dont care about your safety either
Could be ran better but great staff
Secretary and Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL12 July 2017
Chatters is an ok place to work. Theres is little oppurtunity for advancement and no raises. The staff are awesome people to work with and very friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chatters Limited Partnership. Our community is ready to answer.