Chatters Limited Partnership Employee Reviews

Ultimately a waste of time - Avoid
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB24 January 2019
Worked there for a year and a half and ran every machine they had.
Stock pickers, reach truck and forklifts

loaded trucks, trained people, did invoicing, and just a huge array of duties and i got payed 17 bucks and hour.

my fellow operators were payed 15 - 16

I was also a team lead.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Feeling completely unappreciated or acknowledged
Drama and bullying
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 January 2019
Don’t ever work for chatters they are nothing but drama especially the Bayshore location. They will create lies and bully you into either quitting or fire you on false pretences.
Great coworkers - horrible management and employment growth
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2019
If you are looking for somewhere to start this is not a bad place. If you are hoping for a progressive career choice I would apply elsewhere. Management communication is sub par. Management’s interest in developing employees are only for high sale stores. You feel like your in constant fear of losing your job. No consistency with new operational changes. Also, extremely high turnover. No interest in the actual employee despite trying to change company culture. Although there is a bit of this in every job, I feel it’s more prevelant at Chatters. Retail employees are discarded easily and receive little to no recognition or development within the company. The individual store teams are fantastic, and are a blast to work with but there is a lot of room for improvement on corporate level. It’s still a wonderful company but if you are not coming in with already amazing skills and the ability to jump Chatters political hurdles you won’t be able to go anywhere.
Pros
Discount, benefits, great store teams, fun working environment, great smelling stores
Cons
Bad management, high turn over, little development for retail employees, lots of politics, constant changes, too many people trying to manage
has changed since my employment
hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC16 January 2019
Busy salon so lots of experience gained. Well established in the community. Well managed. Great stylists. Could use more staffing. Location of this salon has changed when I was there.
Great company
RECEPTION & BEAUTY CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB.7 January 2019
Very busy environment with a great staff to work with. Management was very approachable and provided a great culture to work in. Great location and free parking.
Really Bad Immature Managers
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 December 2018
I loved the job in general, I loved what I did. Talking to people was my favorite part and helping them find the appropriate product for them was a blessing. When it came to management on the other hand, they were very immature. Always on their phones when customers needed assistance. They were never able to keep any employees for very long at all. Pouted when they had to do "manager work"
Pros
great customers
Cons
terrible management
Productive and fun working place
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB29 November 2018
It is a great company with great people. I had a great experience working for the company. Very friendly people and very caring management. Head office location is remote but the building is nice.
Good for passing time
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2018
Unless you're a stylist, they don't treat you very well. Bonuses, better wages, and benefits are better for a part-time stylist than a part-time receptionist. Management is fluff, they do a lot of talk but no action and have preferences for bubbles than ethic. They offer a good discount for employees, but even that is inconsistent where you work. One manager could say wait for 3 month probation and that same one (if they like a new employee), they will give the discount right away.

There is no environment of "teamwork" anywhere, let alone cohesion between salon and reception. Poor layout and work experience overall. The only way you get "bonuses" is you have to constantly upsell customers extra products $6+ only to get $1 on your paycheque.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Poor management
Great workers, awful head office management
Assistant Manager/ Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Shawnessy, AB6 September 2018
Honestly, I loved working at chatters. The people who I worked with where amazing and I still have life long friends from it. I personally put my heart and soul into the Shawnessy location with little to absolutely no return. The issue is poor management and wages. Head office rarely comes into the stores but seems to have a lot of opinions and changes to each location. The head office employees are also very tight knit through out the company, so if you have an issue with a higher up manager, its sloughed off/ disregarded and you are the one who ends up in the dog house.
Pros
discounts on hair products/ services
Cons
No growth room, bad benefits, minimum wage without increases.
Drama
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB13 August 2018
There is all girls working there, which makes for some very drama filled days and rude at sometimes. However for the most part it was a fun and relaxed atmosphere.
Fun environment to work in
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 June 2018
This job is not a hard one to do, its basic customer service and ensuring the clients are happy. The co workers are fun and laid back making it easy to get along and make friends. The management is understand and accepting, as long as you are able to be smart and reliable its a great place to work.
Pros
Constant hours
Cons
Hair clients are crazy
fine
Beauty consultant / Key holder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2018
no advancement within or raises would rather cycle through new
poeple then train them most people are nice maagment doesnt have any control theft occurs
Excellent job experience
Salon Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC17 April 2018
I was flown to Red Deer for for excellent training on running the front desk and have been able to assist in the set up of the Maple Ridge Chatters Hair Salon, Green Apple Hair Shop at TD Square in Calgary and Chatters in Market Mall in Calgary, AB. People at head office are great people to work for and I always enjoyed working with everyone in the salon.
fun work place
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 April 2018
Continuing education opportunities, inherently satisfying work, friendly colleagues, good supervision, ability to consult with clinical team lead at all times.
Pros
fun staff
Didnt enjoy working here
former stylist (Former Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC15 March 2018
With every creative field you have to get along with people in order to do well. I found the management to be difficult to work with and I always felt stressed and like I was walking on eggshells around them and I wasnt the only one who felt that way. They try to sell themselves as an inclusive salon promoting self expression, that wasnt my experience at all. More than one stylist felt bullied out of a job and more than one employee aside from myself felt like we were being singled out by management, overall my experience was negative, it made me rethink working in this industry.
Pros
good opportunities to learn
Cons
management didnt seem good at balancing different personality types.
Great Place to work!
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC10 February 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Chatters. I was in West Kelowna. Management was awesome, staff was great (no drama in a Hair salon!!) so many training opportunities, competitive wages, great Christmas parties!

The only drawbacks I found was they open 363 days of the year. So it made family time a challenge at holidays. It can be hard to get Sunday’s off.

If you want to gain experience fast, or build a quick clientele while have a great work environment and support, Chatters is the place to go! At least the West Bank BC location.
Pros
Training, products, co-workers
Cons
Open all the time
Great environment
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON16 January 2018
Fun environment with an amazing staff! Everyday at work was enjoyable and customers were amazing. Management was unreal, the job is not aggressively competitive like other jobs in sales.
Pros
Great job if you love learning about hair products
Fun and friendly Work place
Jr hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 November 2017
Great company to work for and bring your clientel to, uses Redken colour and well priced.
Treats staff very well would definitely recommend to anyone
great
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC28 November 2017
great place to work amazing people. wouldn't want to change a thing except more hours and being sent home. aside from that i love working here . having great managers and co workers and clients
Fun!
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 November 2017
honestly an amazing company you could ever work for. Amazing deals for stylist and spa. As a company they really do want you to succeed and grow as an individual.
Pros
amazing deals and staff incentives
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chatters Limited Partnership. Our community is ready to answer.