Chatham-Kent Health Alliance

Chatham-Kent Health Alliance Employee Reviews

Canada31 reviews
What can I say CKHA was a wonderful employer and offers a great place to work with great people. Fast paced work with an multidisciplinary team that was always available and supportive.
Typical hospital environment. Many different areas to work in so nurses are likely to find an area that suits them. Union presence, and good wages. Overall, a good place to work.
Highly demanding job with very little support from management.The rapport has deteriorated over the past few years which is very sad. Was once a very enjoyable place to work- politics have played a huge part in this.
A great group of ladies who have been volunteering for many years. The gift shop has unique and every day items for those waiting for treatment or those who wish to purchase gifts. The gift shop is open to the public.
Leadership is disorganized and managers' strategic goals are not congruent. Career progression is possible provided the individual is a buddy of management.
Overall good place to work, employees generally stay until retirement. Not a lot of movement for skill improvement for clerks or other support staff. Still good place to work.
CKHA is a place for RPN's to make a placement within their careers, This place of employment is solely ran by seniority and management. If you have skills and qualifications for a position within the hospital you will be completely overlooked or not even considered for said position, unless you have higher seniority. Management seems to show carelessness to their employees and the confidentiality between employer/ management and employees is considerably in breech more often than not. There is no advancement opportunity unless you plan on being employed for a good amount of time to even be considered for a regular part-time employment opportunity and full time you should consider a career here at at least 10 years before advancing to this placement. Salary for RPN's is considerably low compared to other hospitals in southwestern ontario and work life balance is comparable depending on which unit you are working in.
It is a great invironment just poorly funded and new management has brought things down quit a bit as in respect and standards. Tho the health alliance and the experience you have there makes it worth it. Great group of employees from
Housekeeping to dietary and nurses and doctors!
Pros
Paycheque
Cons
Politics
I have been with the Alliance for 10 years and can say I truly love my job. We work 12 hour shifts which works out nice for my family. The alliance is a wonderful place to work.
Pros
people
Cons
politics
I love to stock shelf and do Facing and helping customer getting whats they really need for whats ever project item for what ever they need to get their job done
Pros
had great place time for brake
Cons
people can take more brake with out knowing
great place to learn, overall loved all the employees at the hospital. Had more downtime then I would prefer however everything is there necessary for a student to learn
I enjoyed my placement here. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful in helping me learn. The nursing staff was accepting of students............
The focus of care is more money/ bed availability oriented than patient centered.. patients are discharged sooner than their recovery because of the bed crisis!! Some physicians are terrible...they don't even see the patients nor do they assess them but get paid for it!!
This is a wonderful run hospital with great staff and management. The staff work hard to ensure all patient needs are met. It is easy to excel and grow here.
First time working in clinical setting as RN, staff there welcomed me with open arms, willing to train and educate a new RN with no questions asked. Everyone is positive, upbeat, willing to help when needed. Multidisciplinary team is amazing as well! Well run hopsital, was dissapointed to leave due to illness. Would not hesitate to apply again and be part of the CKHA team!
Working in the hospital on a medical unit was very fun. There was always new patients. The staff was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I learned how to time manage and accurately keep records of each patients day and activities. The hardest part of this job was family support when the patient was palliative.
The best part of this job was being a helpful part of a patients day and seeing progress daily.
Pros
Benefits and Vacation were above average
Cons
Not too much down time
I loved working at this hospital, I was able to advance my education and skills as well as supported to provide excellent compassionate and quality care
I love working for the CKHA. I love my job, the people and the patients. It is very fast paced and there always seems to be something new happening to keep you on your toes! Management in my department could use some work but its not the worst.
Pros
Wage, co-workers, patients.
Cons
A typical day in the newspaper industry is chaotic at best. Face paced and constantly changing.

I have learned to deal with all aspects of the business. Accounts receivable, payable, human resources, contracting, and mor
Pros
Always a different Day
Cons
Can be taxing
At the hospital. I develop strong skills and fantastic leadership, I Iove how we Health Care Providers shared the love and compassion for the patients in the moment of needs. Also if I have any questions, all of them were more than happy to help and guide. I am hoping to have the opportunity to work in that magnificent environment, where I can show my passion for caring and nurse.
In each floor that I had my clinical is a different experience and approach to clients. My favorite floor was Surgery floor it was fantastic experiences, giving me the opportunity to add new skills to my knowledge.
very busy hospital enviroment
always working short staffed

never enough time in the day for proper pt care

stressed out work place

great money, good benefits
Pros
paycheck
Cons
stressful place to work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chatham-Kent Health Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.
Chatham-Kent Health Alliance Reviews by Location