Chatham-Kent Health Alliance Employee Reviews

Student Placement
RN Student (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON23 November 2017
I enjoyed my placement here. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful in helping me learn. The nursing staff was accepting of students............
Terrible place to work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON4 November 2017
The focus of care is more money/ bed availability oriented than patient centered.. patients are discharged sooner than their recovery because of the bed crisis!! Some physicians are terrible...they don't even see the patients nor do they assess them but get paid for it!!
Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse - Palliative/Supportive Care (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON3 October 2017
This is a wonderful run hospital with great staff and management. The staff work hard to ensure all patient needs are met. It is easy to excel and grow here.
Amazing hospital to work in!
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON14 August 2017
First time working in clinical setting as RN, staff there welcomed me with open arms, willing to train and educate a new RN with no questions asked. Everyone is positive, upbeat, willing to help when needed. Multidisciplinary team is amazing as well! Well run hopsital, was dissapointed to leave due to illness. Would not hesitate to apply again and be part of the CKHA team!
Fun and fast paced
Registered Practical Nurse, License CNO (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON14 August 2017
Working in the hospital on a medical unit was very fun. There was always new patients. The staff was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I learned how to time manage and accurately keep records of each patients day and activities. The hardest part of this job was family support when the patient was palliative.
The best part of this job was being a helpful part of a patients day and seeing progress daily.
Pros
Benefits and Vacation were above average
Cons
Not too much down time
ample opportunity for growth and education
RPN in the non-cardiac urgent care area (Former Employee) –  Chantham-Kent, ON25 July 2017
I loved working at this hospital, I was able to advance my education and skills as well as supported to provide excellent compassionate and quality care
Amazing
Patient Registration (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON15 June 2017
I love working for the CKHA. I love my job, the people and the patients. It is very fast paced and there always seems to be something new happening to keep you on your toes! Management in my department could use some work but its not the worst.
Pros
Wage, co-workers, patients.
Chaotic
District Circulation Manager (Current Employee) –  Chatham, ON26 April 2017
A typical day in the newspaper industry is chaotic at best. Face paced and constantly changing.

I have learned to deal with all aspects of the business. Accounts receivable, payable, human resources, contracting, and mor
Pros
Always a different Day
Cons
Can be taxing
Excellent place to work
Student Placements on Psychiatric and Surgery (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON30 March 2017
At the hospital. I develop strong skills and fantastic leadership, I Iove how we Health Care Providers shared the love and compassion for the patients in the moment of needs. Also if I have any questions, all of them were more than happy to help and guide. I am hoping to have the opportunity to work in that magnificent environment, where I can show my passion for caring and nurse.
In each floor that I had my clinical is a different experience and approach to clients. My favorite floor was Surgery floor it was fantastic experiences, giving me the opportunity to add new skills to my knowledge.
good place to work
Registered Nurse - Full Time (Former Employee) –  chatham ontario20 February 2017
very busy hospital enviroment
always working short staffed
never enough time in the day for proper pt care
stressed out work place
great money, good benefits
Pros
paycheck
Cons
stressful place to work
Cleaning
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Blenheim, ON10 January 2017
A typical day at work involves cleaning individual houses within the Chatham-Kent area. Other jobs include babysitting children and/or pets; shopping; preparation of meals and general errands as needed. I have learned how to interact with different individuals on different levels and maintain a happy balance between home and work. I enjoy helping individuals but I would like to be able to incorporate myself into a business setting where I can focus my energy into learning and growing within the company and becoming all that I can for that establishment.
Pros
Enjoy meeting different people.
Cons
Travelling; would like to be in one place.
Good Place to Wor
Internship (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON26 September 2016
This was my internship placement for school. I worked there for six weeks 2 days a week. Good place to work and really interesting.
Chatham Kent Health Alliance
Internship (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON22 July 2016
I love working here. I am in the diagnostic imaging department working in several different areas each week. They have the friendly staff and very helpful with any questions that arise.
Pros
Flexible hours, Busy work environment
Community Hospital
Medical Radiation Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON23 June 2016
Community Hospital in southwestern Ontario servicing a variety of patients. Diagnostic Imaging has variety of scans available for the public.
Great learning experience
OTA/PTA- Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON11 May 2016
At Chatham- Kent Health Alliance I was able to experience and perform many different tasks. I enjoyed the amazing staff that worked as a team to help the patients to feel comfortable and healthy.
Awesome Employer
VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTER (Current Employee) –  Somewhere27 August 2015
Just a great company/city to work for! Always room to grow as an employee. Well treat your great provided you do the job you are being asked to review. Lots of training and learning to do.
Pros
Great
Engineering Student
Engineering Student (Former Employee) –  Chatham, ON29 March 2015
I was required to do a variety of tasks relating to the upkeep of the hospital. This job was completely independent I had to make up my own schedule and manage my time efficiently. My second year working there I trained employee on various different things such as time management, making it to do list for the day and ensuring that everything was crossed off of it by the end.
Pros
the people I worked with
Cons
equipment requests took longer than it should have
Clincal Placement for school
nursing student (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON15 December 2014
I had a wonderful learning experience while working at Chatham Kent Health Alliance. I did my clinical placements over 3 years and learned a little about their culture. The co-workers were very helpful and were a reliable resource for any questions or concerns that I had. The hardest part was being comfortable about asking for help. The most enjoyable part was the patients and interacting with them on a day to day basis and seeing improvements to their unique situations.
Pros
Great staff, technology, clean, friendly atmosphere.
challenging, enjoyable, fast pace,
Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON6 January 2014
enjoyable.fast pace I enjoyed working with the staff and doctors
Pros
same as before
Cons
same as before
Nice place to work
Nursing Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON1 June 2012
Staffs are nice and good as well as management. I enjoyed my placement and gained a lot experience working there.