Chase Hospitality Group Employee Reviews

Weird and Cold Work Environment
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Queen Street14 May 2019
They don’t respect or value your time. Managers make you feel stupid. They don’t give clear directions nor do they talk to each other about day to day directives so they keep changing, and make you feel like it’s your fault. Management team can be very rude, even when you are doing what you are supposed to do. All in all, I had anxieties every time I was there, and I couldn’t wait to be cut. Upper Management especially make you feel like “the help”. They don’t care about you as a human being, they make you feel like you’re a robot, and they only care about their bottom line—$$$—which is fair, as do most businesses. The money is okay. But for your mental stability, work somewhere else. Management team have no personality. They don’t care about their staff, they just look at their staff as a gear to do the heavy lifting. I left specifically because of one manager, she was very hot and cold and very fake. Even when you are doing what is expected of you, she will still find a reason to make you feel like you are messing up.
Pros
Great FOH staff, occasional family style dinner
Cons
Cold working environment
Places where only cliques matter
Porter and Prep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2019
If you're not in the "in" circles, you will not advance at all. You are treated as lesser if you're not on cooking staff and management does nothing to curb this
Great Company
CULINARY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2018
Great company to work for. The management team is always pushing the boundaries of hospitality, They are very environmentally focused, and always treat their staff with respect.
Friendly and hard working
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  550 Wellington St W23 October 2018
While my time at The Colete was cut short due to it closing suddenly I enjoyed working with the management team and my co workers. During the almost three years I had worked there I had felt welcomed and respected for the jobs I was given
Pros
Free coffee the ocasional free lunch
Cons
Sadly it closed
No work life balance/ Revolving door of staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2018
The company can't keep employees. Male dominated management. Company culture has faded over time and employees get lost in the company's desire to open multiple locations before figuring out how to manage people. No HR department.
Pros
discount at all locations.
Cons
long hours, bad communication within company
Friendly to work for
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Yorkville, ON24 July 2018
If management liked you. You would get better hours, and tips. Staff is friendly however, you are scheduled for a 8 hour shift and turns into a 14 hour shift 6 days a week. Also hours get cut where I worked 1 shift for 2 weeks.
Pros
free lunch, great staff, celeb seeing
Cons
hours, favourtism, and wage gabs.
Fast Paced with Young and Energetic Managment
Captain (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2018
Kasa Moto is a great place to work if you are willing to put in the effort. They company as a whole (CHG) is always looking to promote those hungry and looking to grow.
If you are ready for late nights, and a fun yet hard working experience, this is the place for you. If not, you will not make it as a long term team member here.
Great work place with a community feeling
SERVERS ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2018
Everyone is so nice and helpful, really a team effort at the chase! Open communication between managers and staff, every day there is a pre-shift and it is easy to get in contact with them about any issues you may be having!
CDP (Former Employee) –  Toronto7 March 2018
Loved working there, anyone moving to Toronto, I'd recommend checking them out. They are a beautiful southern french restaurant in the heart of down town.
Great Place to work
Server/Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2018
Great experience working there with great staff, everyone is constantly on top of their game and the level of service that is given on a daily basis is second to none
One team, one dream
Captain, Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2018
I learned how to commit to teamwork, leadership and communication in any job environment, thanks to my time at Kasa Moto. I enjoy coming back to work because I know regardless of the day I will learn to be a better server.
Pros
co-workers, work ethics
Cons
patio season dependant
The management was a nightmare
Vip Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2018
Besides the fact that the staff saw at least 6 different managers, the place had a hellish feel. There was a lack of compassion from the management. They prefered to rule with an iron fist
Fun workplace, amazing staff and paid quite well.
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2017
Learned a lot about time management, multitasking, and delegation, through organizing schedules, calling guests to update guest profiles as well as inputting allergies or dietary restrictions into those profiles to ensure excellent service. The job was at it's most intense when flip times began overlapping and other guests had to wait for tables. Most guests get quite aggravated when they have had to wait for a table they reserved weeks in advance. The job was at its most enjoyable when the staff was working like a well-oiled machine. When the staff is happy the guests are happy because the service is flawless.
Pros
Discounted Food at all 6 concepts.
Cons
Understaffed, long hours
Fun workplace that provide great ambiance and experience for the industry.
Bar-back, bartender and Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2016
Kasa Moto is a great workplace environment to build your skills in the industry. The workers there have been great and I have learned a lot from them.
Busy Patio season
Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 August 2016
Overall Kasa Moto is an interesting restaurant to work at, it claims to be Japanese, however is seems to miss that mark. The hours and pay are decent but the staff are amazing, the only negative is that the patio is not designed that well to handle the huge level on bodies certain nights, that will impact the overall service.
Pros
Competitive pay and usually reasonable hours
Cons
Poorly designed for the late night busy services
Fun and beautiful space to work
Cafe Supervisor/Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2016
A very fun place to work. The best part of my job is making my guest happy by making their coffee and giving them the best service and see their smile. I have learned a lot from this company. I learned how to work fast by multi-tasking, inventory, how to care for the ladies and gentleman, and how to run the cafe and working as one team. And I also get to learn some french words from working with some French staff.
Pros
get to taste all the sweet goodies made by our very talented executive pastry chef.
Cons
it is a very busy place and cafe is only run by 2 people where I learned how to multi-task.
Great Environment for Knowledge.
Captain (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2015
Great place to learn about food, wine and service. Fair and balanced, great support system and wonderful place to feel happy at work in a restaurant. The politics is as in any big restaurant company.
Pros
Good environment. Good knowledge. Great people.
Cons
Tough to grow within the company.
Gives you a new respect for hospitality industry
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2015
CHG is by far one of the more fast paced restaurants I've ever worked in, and it has been one of the best experiences thus far.