Chartwell Retirement Residences Employee Review

View all Chartwell Retirement Residences reviews

Fun workplace
Receptionist (Pembroke Heritage Manor) (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON21 January 2014
Staff and residents were happy to be there.
GM was high strung and it showed in everyones performance.

Other Chartwell Retirement Residences Employee Reviews

Food and Nutrition Manager
FNM (Former Employee) –  Ontario15 May 2018
I was hired full time as a FNM for Chartwell. I had come with years of excellent qualifications in the industry and was offered a wonderful opportunity. Since I was used to working in not for profit I decided to take quite a drop in salary to accept the job. The very first day I was told to review the P&P online and was basically left to my own devices without any assistance or help. My trainer had me set up an interview with a potential new staff member for my second day in. Then I was told I would have to interview this person by myself. I hadn't been given any information about Chartwell nor its hiring practices or expectations. I hadn't even been through any kind of new manager orientation before I was thrown in. When the applicant arrived for the the interview I felt very unorganized and ill prepared.I was terribly embarrassed and apologized to her for my lack of knowledge. There were no formal questions to ask nor did I even know what position I was interviewing for. The third day I found out I would be expected to work weekends every third or fourth weekend and take on call for 12 days in a row with no monetary remuneration. This was NEVER mentioned to me at my interview nor was it outlined in my employment contract. That night I weighed the pros and cons and went in the next day and resigned. If this is how for-profit homes are run, I choose not to be part of them. I notice on a daily basis that these homes are seeking new staff and managers. It is no surprise to me why this is. I have vowed never to get involved working for a for profit LTC home again. Avoid these  more... as work places. They are not interested in your qualifications or what you bring to the table. They only want a warm body to fill a very unreasonable role.  less
Pros
Not one thing
Cons
Salary, duties, lack of any formal training, expectations that would lead you to think you should be getting more pay.
Very welcoming and home like feel
Clinical Placement- Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON15 May 2018
Recently completed a clinical fieldwork placement at a Chartwell facility, and I have to say it was a very enjoyable time. All of the staff were very welcoming and enjoyed our help for the time we were there. The facility was very easy to navigate and get an understanding of in the short weeks I was attending there. You can tell from the resident's that the facility is well maintained and all of the staff are very good to them.
The staff at this facility were also very fun, as they planned many great activities for the residents, even for those who are unable to participate fully.
It was a great pleasure to attend one of Chartwell's facilities to complete my clinical fieldwork placement.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Small lunch room

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chartwell Retirement Residences. Our community is ready to answer.