Chartwell Retirement Residences Employee Review

View all Chartwell Retirement Residences reviews

horrible place to work in Windsor at Crawford And Riverside Dr location
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Windsor, on30 September 2013
Worked at the Windsor location at Crawford and Riverside dr and I must say Ive never worked short so many times in my employment there.
A typical day coming into work will be dealing with the food service manager who will ask you to do jobs of employees that she favours so they don't have to do the job...coming in and being short was a typical day, I don't know about you but 2 ladies and 1 lazy cook serving 95 people,coffee,salad,soup(even in winter)dinner AND dessert in under 1hr is crazy, stressful to say the least.

I learned I NEVER want to work for Chartwell again.
Management... what management? im sure there is someone out there who can do a better job then what the food service manager provides at this location.

co-workers were hard working been there from 5-15yrs and stick around because of the Union/pay/seniority etc.. but a lot of the time all I heard was complaining from them about how bad it is being short, how the manager never books in people for whoever goes on vacation that week etc...

Hardest part of the job was dealing with management!

most enjoyable part was when we were fully staffed and a smooth night of serving dinner and when everyone did their job!!!!!
Pros
not much
Cons
Bad management

Other Chartwell Retirement Residences Employee Reviews

Worst company
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 April 2018
This company promotes incompetent senior management who's main job is to belittle and intimidate the middle management. If not done the chartwell way you will be fired. To much pressure and sales focused rather than the true reason we are there for; the seniors. Don't work there....period
excellent work environment
Long Term Care Resident & Care Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 April 2018
The corporate team is warm and supportive with a strong vision for shared goals and accountability - the ideal candidate for nurse consultant role must enjoy extensive travel assignments!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chartwell Retirement Residences. Our community is ready to answer.