Chartwell Retirement Residences

Chartwell Retirement Residences Employee Reviews

Unfortunately, I cannot give Chartwell a positive review because I had an awful manager. She was an expert at "micro managing" and giving everyone in the team a lot of unnecessary stress and pressure. She often made the "poorest' decisions one could think of, such as firing people who were experienced and doing their jobs and replacing them with new people who did not even have an accounting background. In my several years of working there, my colleagues and I noticed that career advancement was not subjected to merit but rather depended on who you were good friends with within the organization
Pros
Perks such as free lunches, use of gym, pool table etc...
Cons
Long hours, unnecessary stress and excessive micromanagement
Never ever work for these clown workplace is a circus work overloadmanagement don't appreciate their staffsseen staffs crying also they never give their staffs the 3$ race horrible, terrible company cheap and stressful workplacealso they always on the news pathetic
Pros
Free foods
Cons
Horrible useless managements
Peut de salaire pour le travail exécutée et on n'est toujours sur le mode panique
Pros
Repas gratuits
Cons
Courte pause
Overall Chartwell is a good place to work with, many learning opportunities across the company.Company promotes diversity and inclusion company culture.
Pros
great people
Cons
heavy work load
Don't consideration for health and safety. They will punish you with things like benefits, harrass you and lie to your face about it. Been exposed to covid. They expect you to work without contacting public health. No one is happy there. Managers are more worried about having someone else do there Job because there on salary. The employees here are stuck up and will do anything to throw you under the bus and start conflict with you. Like to look at an elderly person suffer and need help yet can't do anything because you haven't been trained but the managers expect you to do it anyways? This place is perfect for you. The employees here are soul suckers, they are all toxic and will spread rumors and treat you like a foreign object.
Pros
An hour break and res
Cons
Everything with this company
It’s very stressful environment, fast job. They pay you minimum wage, even if you are PSW.Pretty consistent task, mostly cleaning. The coworkers will eat you alive. You are waitress, nurse, housekeeper.
Chartwell is a company that pushes their employees to be the best but underpay and underappreciate them. The pandemic has proven more so that the company is more in it for the profit than the health and safety of the residents and the employees.
Pros
Just work experience
Cons
Underpaid, underrepresented, unappreciated.
Its a nightmare! You are hired to be a GA but do every role. Theres 2 GAs for 60 residents. Severely understaffed home. You do the followingA busser -clear and clean tablesWaitress - serve tablesDietary aide - you peel vegetables, set tables and clean the kitchenHousekeeper- you clean residents rooms as well as the building itselfLaundry attendant- wash dry fold laundryNurse - there is no floor nurse so you are basically a nurse tooPsw - you do all the care and adls for people that don't have private careScreener - theres no screener so you answer the door all day longAnd the coworkers will eat you alive!
Pros
Always lots of hours because they cant keep people, lovely residents
Cons
Never get a lunch, mgmt always finds the negative in things, very toxic place to work, mean co workers who think they know it all because they have worked there all their lives.
DO NOT APPLY. Managers treat you like a robot. Expect availability over weekends. HR is useless and shy of taking any action. People are forced to quit or get fired. I hope the CEO & CFO notice what’s going on within some departments and try to find out why there’s a lot of turnover; I mean not all hires can go wrong :(
Pros
Awesome team mates. People become your friends.
Cons
Cruel and compassionless managers. Long long hours. No appreciation.
J’adore travailler ici . L’ambiance est calme et chaleureuse . L’équipe est exceptionnelle et très compréhensive .De plus , le service envers les résidents est exemplaire .
Pros
Syndicats et repas
Cons
Pas de pauses
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Chartwell Retirement Residences?
équipe super par conte . Renvoie pour de fause raisons gérant et superviseur
Pros
Repas gratuit
Cons
direction gérance
A typical day at work fluctuates from day to day. One day can be calm and enjoyable and the other can be chaotic and emotional. The individuals that work in the care department on days are absolutely enjoyable! They provide you with positive criticism (If you are open to improve), they are extremely helpful and an easy bunch to get along with. If you are a hard worker, attentive, and eager to learn, it will be noticed and rewarded by those that train you. The individuals that work on the evening shift, they're bossy. They say awful things to the residents, they make the environment hostile. It is very much uncomfortable working with them. Oh, there is a constant shortage of staff and constant call ins. I wonder why? Pay your people, show them that you appreciate them and maybe they'll stay.Management... At first, they showed that they care. When you finally see their sly ways, it's an automatic discouragement. Management sweep things under the rug. They are a facade. Management should have their employee backs but that is definitely not the case. They get paid enough money so why should they care, right? Kitchen management stresses out their employees to the max! A huge majority of the time, kitchen management doesn't know what they're doing. Basically, chasing their tail and pretending to look busy. Completely scattered. Server staff are impeccable! Bless you ladies and the one gent! You guys made days bearable. I hear the residents complain about the food constantly! Kitchen staff are harrassed and under appreciated. The food is not proper for the residents. The best part - more...
They care about the bottom line. You are a number there with more work than staff. Pay is terrible. No breaks, management does not back you up. Get out while you can!
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Low pay
This place has managed to get property accountants who are new immigrants and would not contest the low salaries and crazy work hours (work until 8PM regularly). There's no work like balance. A really unhealthy place to work. It is quite authoritative in its operations and no opportunity for growth. Would not recommend to anyone.
Cons
Long hours, under paid, no value of employees
J’aime la façon dont tout les employés se respectent entre eux et en plus me respect. Sa me pousse de faire bien mon travail parce que je me sens dans la joie.
Pros
Sécurité des travailleurs
Cons
S’habiller avec PPE
This company is incredible. Management team is very cohesive and supportive of all staff. GM is very involved and caring. Always finding creative ways to show appreciation and gratitude for staff and residents. The residents are magnificent. I can't say enough positive things about this Home or Chartwell.
Pros
Everyone is caring and helpful
I've only been employed for about a month, but I feel completely lost every time I work. The staff and management care more about their paychecks than the residents.
I enjoyed working with the residents and overall staff however, management was terrible. Took credit for work I completed, weren’t open to constructive criticism, showed a complete lack of empathy and understanding for the residents, Lacked organization and knowledge and a lack of communication with the supervisors in other departments
Pros
Flexible with hours
Cons
Terrible management
The residents made the job worth going to everyday. But other than that it was very poorly managed. Tons of inappropriate gossip about the other staff and the residents constantly being spread(management included). Hugely under staffed and never compensated properly for the amount of hours worked.
Pros
One free staff meal per shift
Cons
Very low wages
Budgets, cutting or not hiring enough staff, management problems all lead to a bad work experience and employees have very little power over these things in order to help residents. There is very little time to go above and beyond and you are run off your feet just doing the basics. Some lower level management are great, and try to support you the best they can but even they are under strict budgets, and rules that make it difficult to change anything.
Location matters, the general manager of my previous location was great but not satisfied with the one I currently have. I have had numerous issues with the way that management speaks to us or how incompetent some of them are. They're definitely seems to be a diverse staff except management is 99 % Caucasian. doesn't feel like there's opportunity for moving up for POC.