Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada

Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
A lot of excellent staff members and teams at CPA Canada. Compensation is average/good, benefits average/good. Recent systemic changes have made procedures muddled and have resulted in this not-for-profit increasingly concerned only on the bottom line and not its mission. As a result, the corporate culture has created a feeling of instability and mistrust among a lot of workers.
Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada Inc was an amazing company to work for. The people are very friendly and make you feel comfortable. I had a great experience with them and it would have been longer, but unfortunately Covid got in the way. I hope to work for them again.
CPA Canada is a great organization. However, avoid working for their standards group. There is a high turnover rate. Avoid working for AcSB and PSAB. However, if there is an opportunity in other groups in CPA Canada, go for it !

If you still decide to work for one of those group, please do not close the door behind you (your old job), you may have to reach out to them.
Nice company to work for depending on who you reported to. The overall company has good values and work-life balance was something they were trying to implement before I left. As long as you don't get caught up in office politics you will enjoy your time there.
This is a fairly nose-to-the-grindstone experience, but the people are pleasant and the environment is quiet and clean. Down-sizing over the years has resulted in a somewhat demoralized staff and there isn't a lot of chatting -- people sit by themselves at lunch, etc. However, this seems to be pretty normal in Vancouver workplaces and otherwise it's fine, and my colleagues were certainly nice, kind-hearted people.
With the merger, much pressure was instilled from all departments on performance without the publishing resources available. Individual departments were great at team building and keeping good communications in order to help us all execute our daily tasks.
Pros
Supportive Team environment
Cons
Pressure for unrealistic sales & no resources
Some great staff that works there but Executive and Leadership team is the worst. Talks of transformation but slow to non-existing change. No follow-through or ambition to fulfill the company's vision.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Leadership
Working at CPA Canada allowed me a great deal of growth in my career and the ability to continue my professional education in marketing.

The most enjoyable part of my day was working to determine the best strategy and tools to drive the business forward.
My day at work has a certain amount of structure, however also flexibility.
The people at work are usually congenial and friendly.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with and meeting my co-workers.

Management always makes a lot of effort to help their employees.
Pros
Offers of extra food that was left-over.
Cons
Sometimes it can be tedious work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4