Charm Diamond Centres

Charm Diamond Centres Employee Reviews

Canada24 reviews
It was fine
It’s not the best or worst job I’ve ever had. The job is really competitive and sometimes outright aggressive but not overly terrible. I enjoyed most of the people I worked with.
Seasonal associate
Worked at Cornwall ON store and liked it a lot. Great co-workers, felt at ease and welcome by all. I was made to feel as if I belonged there. Video training was very good and useful.
Pros
Great Experience
Unprofessional environment
Poor communication skills. The management is condescending and disrespectful to employees, while continually talking poorly of other jewelry vendors and employees. No rules at this job and the manager in training is very poor as well and fake. A lot of gossip and two faced people. No opportunities here, the wrong people are promoted and there is no growth.
Worse part time job
Management always over you watching you sell things never trusting you are doing anything right. Push you too much. Play favourites most of the time.
Ok place to work NO advancement possibilites
Manager was terrible, no people skills
Thrown in no training. Manager expects you to shut up and put up.

Cut throat commission competition with other staff

Retail job with no room for advancement.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Manager
Employees were amazing but it all falls apart without a supportive regional manager.
I believe with all my heart that this store could have done amazing things with the right support in place. Both myself as manager, and my amazing staff tried exceptionally hard but like I've stated it all falls apart without a supportive and honest regional manager. I truly hope Charm takes a closer look at who they put in leadership positions otherwise staff leaves and good managers are thrown under proverbial buses.
a good place to improve customer interaction and customer handling skills.
Don’t work here
Worst job experience ever. Upper management plays favourites & are not trusting to new employees. Pay sucks. Benefits suck. And unless you suck up, you will not get anywhere. Stay far away from this place, you can do better
Pros
Cons
All of it
Overall a draining place to work
If you know too much do not apply for this job, the mangement makes sure you do not grow as an individual and the culture is all about backstabbing and gossiping. Your confidentiality will be breached whether you like it or not, wether you do good or bad.
Cons
Long hours, backstabbing culture, incompetent management, unconfidential
Good skill building, good management, good commission benefits
You try your best to recommend the perfect jewelry to the customer. I learned metal grades, precious gem training and sales tactics. It was a nice job! Management was always positive and helpful. I was seasonal and when i was laid off i wasn't even upset because the manager went about it so respectfully. Hardest part about the job was actually closing a sale. People love to look at jewelry but spending money on it is very different. they want to be sure that their investment is going to be satisfactory. Most enjoyable part of the job was watching someone buy and engagement ring. No one looks happier than someone in love.
Pros
making people happy, you get to dress nice for work, discounts on jewelry
Cons
Difficult to sell product, slow days are very boring
Don’t work here.
Too much inpatients in training you, they like to talk behind your back, a lot of belittling and so much competition to make your sales goals. Job is commission based and it’s not fair. Most of the staff is really nice, but a lot of the senior staff/ FT are very hard to work for.
Pros
Nice perks if you make your sales.
Cons
Work for commission.
retail
Opening and closing the store
opening and closing till

putting stock out

key holder

helping customers

special orders

cleaningup the store

repairs

consulting with customer on special design peices
Good job
Great hours, weekend and evenings off
Professional environment

Retail

Customer centered

Work load can get stressful during holidays but overall it's a good place to work.
Great company, very helpful staff at head office always there to help, great training program. This is a great family owned company to work for. I highly refer them to anyone that would like to sell the the jewellry retail industry. The company is always up to date with fashion and training.
Charm Jewelry
Learned a lot about gold/silver diamonds and gemstones. Over all it is a great place to work. Great company that is Canadian and started in Dartmouth Nova Scotia.
lots of fun geek types
People are great and the job not hard but the company doesn't care about it's people.
Folks get together at lunch for board games

Fairly relaxed atmosphere
Well organized, fun place to work
Obtained many certifications working for this company and was able to advance from part time to management. Loved that it was a Canadian family ran business. Good communication amongst management and staff.
Pros
Fun, owners were very generous and understanding
Cons
To much paperwork for management to do, especially when they also had to make quotas for selling
Favourite place to work
I love the atmosphere created by the girls in the store, everything is well kept, organized and managed. It doesn’t feel like work when you’re handling jewelry all day with the nice &easy going staff.
Eh it's ok but not a life long job
Work culture is highly competitive job and as your only means of employment. it will drive you to insanity on the sales floor. Great second job though
Pros
Hour long lunches, touching expensive things
Cons
Competitive, people steal sales
Good for beginner sales
Was a relaxed environment with not much customer traffic. Is a good job for learning sales techniques and growing comfortable in sales. Coworkers are very tightly knit.
Pleasant place to work
The workplace environment is pleasant. I enjoy the company of my co-workers. The work-life balance I was hoping for is not what I had expected. Looking for better balance.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
mostly evening shifts, when I was told there would be a balance