Charlie's Meat

Charlie's Meat Employee Reviews

sucks

pay is low not enough hours management sucks no benefits only good for students gross nasty and dirty always busy fast pace management pushes you to do more then the pay

Nobody stays

People keeps leaving all the time because the manager is not leading the team but keeps ordering people around. Salary is low. They will not pay you overtime. they want to schedule you for less hours but more work days.

Martina Shikro

Communication skills Very patient with people Very fast at learning Great listener Always try the best of me to complete the task. And I love helping people with anything can.

Productive Very Moving.

Place is very busy at all times, must be moving at a decent paste taking care of all customer needs and making sure we finish our job before time ends.

Pros

Over time.

Charlies

Light packaging work space. Serving customers . receiving shipments from maple leaf to sell to customers standards cutting fats and wrapping good products to customers .

Pros

Goodbworkers

Cons

Late pay rates

Great and demanding work place

I learned how to package meat products, cut various types of meat and communicate with costumers. The job is physically demanding but also very rewarding.

Fun place to work and lots of support

A typical day at work meant arriving at work at 10am and loading all the service windows with meat in a neat arrangement making sure that it is all fresh and presentable. I would then wait for customers to tell me what they wanted to be packaged and weighed the meat accordingly in a very fast paced environment. I learned how to multitask and use team dynamics to handle multiple jobs simultaneously such as handling up to 5 orders at once and cutting meat to desired shape and weight. There was a lot of sanitation procedures that we had to follow which i felt were always met and upheld. It was a very responsible group of about 6 or 7 people to learn from including my manager. My manager was very responsible and willing to teach me anything i needed to learn. He was a good manager and never got mad at anybody but was always professional and responsible. The hardest part of my job was the work hours I had to do, which alternated from 8 - 12 hours a day 4 days a week. The most enjoyable part of my job was the team dynamic that we had every day with everybody smiling most of the time. It lightened my mood and reminded me to enjoy what I have.

Pros

Team dynamic

Cons

Long work hours

Jobs at Charlie's Meat