Channel Industrial Group Inc.

Channel Industrial Group Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews

Fast changing business

I have been working at Channel for the last 2 years. I can say that they growth has been fast and furious. I have learnt a lot and have been able to get all the welding tickets required. Expectations are higher but you are rewarded for putting in the effort. I read a lot of people saying there’s no safety but I can can since I’ve been here it’s been nothing but safety training and enforcement. I feel very safe in my job.

Pros

Job security. Wages.

Cons

Tight space

Great bunch of guys

I really enjoyed working for Channel Industrial Group, my shift sucked but I did what I could. Shop Foreman will go to the end of the world for you and that was very encouraging to me. The entire team of Managers, lead hands and workers meshed well together and that gave me a sense of purpose. In the end, it came down to the shift I was on which was the evening shift as to why I left, it didn't work well for my family situation as well as my health.

Pros

Challenging, engaging, independence, great pay, flexible, opportunities to learn and grow, etc.

Cons

Evening Shift, punch card system out dated

Insights into Channel Industrial Group Inc.

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

It's a horror show

Not worth your time, skills or energy. This place sucks the life out of you. The pay isn't worth it as you will put your safety at risk everyday. Improper instructions and poor decisions run rampant right up to the top here and the repercussions of following them will roll downhill onto you. I've never been more unhappy in my life, dreading each new work day more than the last.

Cons

Demanding workloads, poor management, stressful conditions, unsafe conditions

run

For me...Wages was a lie.Training was half fast.Equipment is under rated for demand, you will be to blame for the issue.Write-ups are handed out for any small thing.Mistakes are met with outrageous degrading from management. One toilet to share with many employees, Locker room is shared and is very very tiny.Management is horrible with job planning, time management, identifying and quoting proper repairs, organization and every leadership skill there is. As a result, their employment turnover rate is "extremely" high. I can go on and on about this hole, but I'll spre you the time and advise you to Tuck tail and run.

Pros

Hours are good and the do BBQs

Growing company with room for advancement

I have been working at Channel for a couple years as a welder/fitter. In my time the company has only improved overall. Wages, equipment, job security are some the the areas that have improved the most. Sometimes there’s not enough staff for the workload required weekly which can bring some stress. The shop team is a group of very good people.

Pros

Constant improvement

Cons

Low staff

Good place to work, to learn and grow your skills and to be part of a growing company

I started at Channel in 2011. In the past ten years we have grown as a company in what I think is a positive direction. At first we were a bit rough around the edges and a bit unorganized but today we have become an awesome company to work for. I have had opportunity to advance not only personally but with in the company as well. I have grown my knowledge of my trade extensively. Channel Industrial I can say provides up to date training for all the equipment they own as well as various management training courses. The company supplies some of the best equipment that is available to buy as well as ensures the workers are safe in doing their tasks. Being here for this long I have seen ups and downs in the industry and business and I can say Channel has done its best to ensure everyone has work and keeps their job. Like every company you have individuals that don't fit the dynamic or can't be team players, that's life. Many have come and gone but they do strive to build the best group possible to be efficient and competitive. All in all if you are willing to do your job, be a part of the team and provide feedback, working here is fun and always interesting. I can say the lost time for accidents here is very low. The safety in the workplace is always priority. I have been told if we can't do it safely we will find a safe way to do it. If anyone has the opportunity to work here there is a great core group of leaders, owners are hands on, involved and genuinely care about the well being of their employees. Channel does company BBQ's and other various thing to boost morale and bring -

Pros

Family oriented business, Good equipment to work with, excellent group of coworkers

Cons

Sometimes understaffed to complete tasks.

Fantastic opportunities in a rapidly developing company

After moving to Canada in 2018 I worked in concrete forming for six months before I joined Channel Industrial Group. I was a 'green-horn' in my first position and so I was not suited for this role in the business; however unlike other businesses I have worked with before; Channel Industrial allowed me to work within another position to learn and develop. From that opportunity I was given, now less than two years later, I am a Lead-hand at Channel Industrial. The support and investment made by the company in me has allowed me to grow both as an individual and I feel a part of a developing business which is beginning to make great strides towards the future. Like any business there has been many changes in personnel; however, from my own personal experience the majority of changes have come from a change of an old regiment to a forward thinking and inclusive team of professionals. The life I now live in Canada and the things I now take for granted are down to Channel Industriald Groups willingness to give me an opportunity to show what I had to offer. I highly recommend working for Channel Industrial Group, they are a company who care for the safety and development of their employees and as we progress this is a great time to come on-board, you will be rewarded for the effort you put in without a doubt.

Pros

Development opportunities, safe working environment, developing

Cons

Your day will only be as bad as you make it

Run from this place

Turnover rate is high, you'll be asked daily to do perform unsafe work by supervisors that are careless with everyones safety, including the clients safety. Constant micro management runs rampant here and when things go wrong the blame rolls downhill, you will be blamed. When things go right, your work will be undervalued. There is no advancement other than keeping your job. If you make waves or go against the status quo, the inner circle will have you fired as you are replaceable.

Pros

None.

Cons

Horrible company culture, demanding environment, cliquey work environment, communication is often unclear, toxic workplace

Horrible place to work

Supervisors are uneducated and clueless in what there doing. They will tell you to do a task not knowing if it’s safe or even legal to do and throw 100% blame on the employee if anything ever goes wrong. You need to no when to refuse work here, you may have to multiply times because the supervisors don’t alway know what they’re asking of you and you could get seriously injured, charged or fired depending on what happens. Everyone is replaceable. Only 2 people from when I first started a year ago remain, rest got fired or quit. No raises. Be careful if you ask for training because they will just look to replace you instead of train you. When shop slows down they do lay offs and shorten hours. I’m sure I could go on.

Pros

Non

Cons

Stressful, no raises, your replaceable, low pay for high expectations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Channel Industrial Group Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Channel Industrial Group Inc. with

Channel Industrial Group Inc. reviews by location

Learn about Channel Industrial Group Inc. in popular locations

• Channel Industrial Group Inc.