Channel Control Merchants Employee Reviews

Low IQ People
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON3 April 2019
No one knows how to do their jobs, and there is too much drama. Even the manager is incompetent.......................................................
ok
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON2 April 2019
was alright to work for. the work was relaxed and interesting to see what kinds of merchandise came through. found there to be alot of drama though. plus being an american owned company they don't seem to care for the employees
Pros
interesting
Cons
drama
not worth it
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON28 March 2019
i applied for the warehouse associate to work on the line and i swear theres no consistency with this place. im almost moved around on a daily basis and not knowing where and what im doing the next day is annoying and irritating.

the line needs to be stopped and adjusted always. the culture here is down right toxic! forklift drivers speed and dont care. management doesnt need to care. they listen but nothing happens...

for the love of God, please avoid working here. it may be a job that pays but have more respect for yourself and dont work here
Pros
what pros lol
Cons
inconsistency, unsafe
It was a great place to work
Warehouse Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON2 March 2019
Some times it seemed long other days seemed like it took for every to get over. Learned to wrap skids by hand,build skids with product and make the skid safe to wrap.When it got to hot in the building or some time cold.
Pros
They had a place for people to sit outside.
Cons
You never knew where you were working every day.
Worst place I will ever work.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON9 February 2019
In the 7 months I worked there I saw a lady almost get taken out by the forklift driver, he then had the audacity to turn around and tell her he wished he hit her. Horrible people and management did nothing for this woman, they turned it around and made it as though the driver did nothing wrong/he wouldn’t do that. Management picked favourites, there was no training provided, it was unsafe work conditions. There was a flood in the store and it hit some major areas where we had things plugged in and we had to continue working when the water was within feet of our tables. On multiple occasions the washrooms were flooded and we had no where to use the washroom the whole 8 hours we were there, management let it go on a few days before they even called anyone in to fix it. Benefits literally only cover you for some prescriptions and the most minimal dental care, no vision care though.
Pros
theyll take anyone they can get
Cons
This entire company is a joke, never recommending this place
concerning work culture
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON1 February 2019
your either with them or against them. the work environment can be toxic if you do not fit into the group of workers. im young and i feel like the older female employees are jealous or have something against me.

mgt doesnt need to do anything about the awful work culture either. "not a good fit they say" lmao
Pros
lunch break
Cons
bad work environment
i cant recommend
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON13 December 2018
the hours r okay but pay is the minimum wage. very disorganized and the meetings feel like they are winging it and they play favorites. i cant recommend this place there are better places and at least they r professionall
Pros
good hours
Cons
disorganized
sweat box
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 November 2018
they work u to your bones and dont care. employees are not appreciated and accusations are deemed as evidence...avoid working hear if u want a good work environment!!!
Pros
Cons
numerous
Cannot recommend
Line Processor (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON6 September 2018
This company cares very, very little for its employees. Expect to be treated like a replaceable part in a machine instead of like a human being. I cannot recommend working for Channel Control at all.
Pros
None of any consequence
Cons
Too numerous to enter here
great learning experience
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON20 August 2018
I have had a great experience working there. Great people to work with and a positive atmosphere.
Schedules are straight day shift which works the best for me and flexible for time off. Management is approachable and accommodating.
I definitely learned a lot and recommend this company for employment.
Worst environment ever
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON19 June 2018
literally the worst workplace I can think of - absolutely disgusting how they treat employees, management doesn't care and will play favourites and promote their children's friends without regard for another's experience, etc. raises rarely if ever happen (applied three times for a raise in 2 years, rarely missed work and was always taking on extra assignments in the office), and was denied every time, while a co-worker's best friend, who had just started and hardly ever showed up was handed a large raise because her friend worked there.

Do not work here if you value your worth.
Good Job - Terrible management team
Receiving Manager's Assistant/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON8 June 2018
Harassment
Management/Supervisors pick favorites
Poor work conditions
No stability
Many workers treated unfairly while favorites are allowed to steal merchandise etc as management will just blame it on the other workers even though there are witnesses etc
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Poor management that harasses people
productive workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 April 2018
I enjoyed working there but the management was awful. its a good place to work if your looking to interact with costumers. they had pretty good hours specially for students and they also work around your schedule.
Fun place to work, most customers are nice, it’s good social experience for anyone who is shy and not outgoing
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON22 October 2017
This is a well rounded good working environment with good co-workers and good hours but mostly management is awful and they do not treat you well at all
Pros
Doesn’t interfere with school (if you’re a student)
ok job
line duty (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON21 September 2017
I didn't mind working at channel control the management was horrible, which didn't make a good work environment out of all the jobs I have had this job had the most drama I have ever encountered, the benefits were good and I did have lots of people I enjoyed working with which made it manageable.
Absolutely Horrible Place to Work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON19 July 2017
ZERO training
HIGHLY unsafe work
forklifts rarely watch where they go
RAREly honked their horns
falling garage doors
Avoid this hellhole at ALL costs
Cons
productive and an enjoyable place to work
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 May 2017
I enjoyed working here and would have loved to have stayed on. A knee injury outside of work prevented me from continuing there.
I learned a lot about pricing merchandise and preparing it for resale into the public sector. The people I worked with were great and we all got along like family. The hardest part of the job was lifting some of the boxes as we rebuilt the skids. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know some of the people outside of the workplace.
Easy Position
Processor (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 April 2017
Min wage, easy position.
8 hours standing on line
Great individuals; team environment
Was no opportunities for advancement
Enjoyed being a member of the Health and Safety committee