Chanel Employee Reviews

lazy people
Seasonal Marketing and campaign manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 January 2018
The future position that I was hired for was never actually available. Staff totally unmotivated to work. Lots of time wasted in very unprofessional environment.
Fun and professional environment
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2017
Fast pace work culture, friendly workplace, lovely management and friendly coworkers, good salary and benefits, very difficult to get in and stay in, week and weekend hours, all holidays or almost open, work under pressure, meeting deadlines, punctuality, seminars, meetings, procedures, rules regulations, continuous leaning needed.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
bad hours
Not a company for everyone
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2017
Typically it's about sales not artistry.

I learned that the company goes through great lengths to put out a product they believe in.

If you're not a brown noser you won't do well in this company. If you're not happy about all their decisions, including the ones that you know will affect business negatively, you will pay the price for it.

The hardest part of the job is the blatant racism. There are very few people of colour in Chanel. If you speak Mandarin or are fairer skin they'll most likely hire you.

The most enjoyable part is the clients. With some you develop amazing relationships and get to know their kids and or family members. They really put a smile on your face!
A great company to work with
Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Bayshore, ON9 January 2017
I love this job. I love working with people, I love that they come to my counter and leave feeling more beautiful and pampered. My co-workers are nice and this is a really social environment.
I learn from other people's skin care regimes, make up techniques, and 'getting-ready' routines. I also chat with an array of people and hear about different experiences. My manager and myself know that this is not a permanent job for me but she makes me feel like I am an asset to the team and is able to answer any questions I may come across.
Sometimes it can be hard because customer service and working with the public is a medley of different experiences, opinions, and beliefs. Such is life.
Overall, I absolutely adore this job.
Pros
Social, fun, making people feel more beautiful
Cons
Busy hours around holidays and weekends
I enjoyed working for Chanel
fragrance specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2016
I enjoyed working as a Fragrance Demonstrator for Chanel. What I enjoyed a lot was my flexibility in regard to my work schedule , I was able to better adjust work/family. What I didn't enjoy was there was no stability. The hardest party of the job was during the holidays. During the holidays (Christmas) work hours are tripled and it becomes very difficult to adjust.
Pros
flexible hours, vacation any time
Cons
no job security, no benefits
excellent experience if the culture still remains as it had been
Beauty Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  toronto22 September 2015
The over 17 years working for Chanel was a fantastic experience from beginning to the end of my service as a Counter Manager. The excellent relationship excelled my successes and supported my challenges throughout the growth of the business. I will always have a high regard for the very personal approach to individuals which the account managers had and that the industry as a whole should aspire to be in in such a very changing environment
Pros
support
Agreable
REPRESENTANT DE VENTES (Former Employee) –  BOUCHERVILLE QC8 September 2015
Avec les competences dans le marche des fragrances et produits de beaute , chanel est toujours ... Le meilleur
Et travailler pour chanel c'est un privilege
Pros
Bon salaire
Cons
Tres peu heures
Chanel
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 January 2015
A typical day at work is interacting with customers and having fun while doing the job. At this position I learned how to satisfy customers and deal with complicated situation. I also learned how to handle the register and cash properly. Chanel has very good management the goal is clearly set and employees are rewarded for their efforts. My co-workers are all very supportive, we help each other with solving problems and selling. The hardest part of this job is to solve complicated problems with customers and satisfying them. The most enjoyable part of this job is doing what I love doing, selling make up and skincare product is my passion and I also enjoy introducing the right product for the customer to fully satisfy them and provide excellent customer service
Pros
Enjoying the job
Cons
unstable hours
As a Fragrance Specialist and Make up Artist
FRAGRANCE SPECIALIST/EVENTS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 August 2013
I set my own hours, so I would have a 6 hour window to fill with in a day...I would go in when I felt I was at my best...not go in and get it over with...I looked forward to my day..meeting people, working with the staff and reaching my sales target ensuring that I did my best and that my customers were happy and satisfied with there purchases.

I hate great co-workers...I believe that you create the atmosphere you want around you.

The hardest part of the job was in the slow times..like after Christmas or the beginning of the back to school season when people were scarce due to the high output of their expenses at the time.

The most rewarding and enjoyable part of my job was the repeat customers and their friends they would add to my long list of happy satisfied customers. I enjoyed seeing them often and seeing their family grow up and the respect and care I showed them came back 100 fold.
sales specialist
sales specialist (Current Employee) –  vancouver,b.c25 January 2012
Sales specialist for Givenchy & L'oreal for 7 years.Achived over 1,400,000 million in sales revenue for Givenchy.