Champs Sports

Clear
3.3Pay & benefits

Found 30 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,935 reviews

Champs

The first job that I had and was a memorable one. Great workers and atmosphere to work in. The pay was minimum wage but the employee discount was great. 30% regularly and occasionally it was 50% on the employee appreciation day.

Great Part-Time Job

This is a good place for university students or high school students to work part-time. The hours are pretty flexible and its a pretty good paying job in Alberta. The downside is that there is no pay raise given to part-timers and there is no commission.

Pros

Discount on gear

Cons

No commission

Great Job, Terrible Managment

The job itself is great if you are passionate about shoes and apparel but the in store management can be terrible depending on who your manager is. The manager makes the schedule so if you want hours you better hope they like you. Also hours can be pretty scarce at times. Discount is pretty blessed though.

It was great at first

all staff are great people, and the only reason I truly want to come to work is to see my co workers. Otherwise the job is not much at all. The fact that u cant work to get a better pay is really bad No more commission really messed up the whole job.

Pros

u just stand there and do nothing all day

Cons

time goes by so slow and barely any pay

Great

Pretty good place if you love interacting with people and being in an environment where you share your passion for shoes. Wouldnt recommend if you are looking for somewhere high paying. You will be faced with rude customers from time to time but honestly, you'd get used to it. Definitely somewhere where I'd recommend young people to work (16 years +) if it's part-time. Overall, the pay isn't the best but great atmosphere.

Pros

30% & 50% discount, access to shoes before the public

Cons

Barely hours, low pay, rude customers (sometimes), No commision

Great place to work at first

Champs was a great experience for me, I learned many skills which I can apply to my every day life, these skills have helped me grow as a person and as a manager. The company cut out commission about a year ago, it cuts your pay at an insane rate. It has taken away from providing the high quality customer service we used to do. The managers are amazing and it feels more like a family.Even when I became a manager they cut the pay to hourly and it really doesn't compensate you well for all the work you do.

Pros

Great discount, Great Management, A decent work life management

Cons

Pay cut not worth it, no more commission, longer mall hours during Christmas

Dont work their

Would not recommend working for them in Calgary as the district managers treat you like garbage. I was a manager there for 2 years not a single raise and was treated not very good.

Fun Place to Work for a Short Time

Fun place to work however work can get intense when the store becomes busy because the company is always trying to save hours. In other words, they are too poor to hire more employees. There is no such thing as a sick call at this place which is pretty ridiculous. I sick called once in my entire year of employment and was forced to come in because they don't have anyone to come in. The store is always running into staffing issue which is a direct result of their poor wages. You will never get a raise at this job, stuck at minimum wage. The commission is a joke and only gets seen during back to school or Christmas shopping seasons. Only raise you get is when you are promoted to a higher position. Would be a more fun place to work if there were more people to work with.

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

Terrible staffing, underpaid

A cool job to have but job security and hours aren't good

Working with the people is fun and never dull. Everybody is welcoming and helpful for when you need it. The job isn't very secure because they tend to hire seasonal beforehand (They usually don't need people beyond that). And the work isn't too hard. if part time, you need a second job because hours are not good.

Pros

Discount & co-workers

Cons

little hours a week

Good Retail Job

If you are seeking to advance within retail, Champs is well worth the investment: pays well (for management), lots of room to grow, and solid team environment.

Pros

Pays fair

Cons

Outdated uniform

great

the job i have at champs is a very good working environment I've decided to go into full time work as my school tuition is soon to come. I'd like to work at a construction site for higher wage

The most fun

Champs, was the absolute most fun experience I have ever experienced as a job. The working atmosphere is perfect for a teen. The teamwork required is at a high scale and the communication is outstanding on the work floor.

Pros

Cons

Standing for long period of time

Friendly and Unique environment

all the people who worked with me are a few of my best friends outside of work. thanks to champs, we got closer by overcoming all the obstacles together

Pros

discounts

Cons

One of the best places to work at

This is basically a blessed job for sneakerheads, or those trying to become one. Champs is a chill place to work at, staff are friendly, good/fun interactions with customers, good discounts, ok hours. There is a light issue when it comes to shifts, hours are determined by performance, so do not expect to stand around majority of the time.

Pros

Good hours, Benefits, Friendly Environment

Cons

Some sales goals to obtain shifts

Good people

Anyone above the store manager doesn't seem to care. a lot of drama between stores, youre expected to work long hours, getting a raise is impossible. managers salary is strict. you can work 55 hours and not see any recognition. if you wnat part time and not be able to go anywhere in the company unless you have been there for 20 years, then its good for you.

Pros

good for part time, cool co workers, discount

Cons

a lot of responsibility, unrelieable higher ups, pay is low, customers are rude, overly demanding bosses, no raises

fun place to work but the pay was Really bad

best place to work great people to work with with great brands and stuff. but the salary was terrible and they make you travel far if your part of management team. its good job only if your Store manager than that its not a best place to work

Pros

good discount

Cons

salary

Not the greatest

Champs was terrible pay for the work you did. You would work overtime and not get paid for it because "your salary". So happy we parted ways so I could reach my potential .

Easy to get bored

Need to work during holidays. Meet different people everyday. Good shoes and clothing discount. Inflexible time for full time but flexible for part time.

Energetic environment!

Great place to work! There are alot of opportunities here and the potential for growth goes a long way. Work load is very flexible and personal advancement in this compamy comes from hard work and determination.

Stock

Must be able to memorize numbers throughly, must also be able to communicate with customers in friendly manner. Must be able to lift 30lbs (shipment) flexable on hours.

Pros

Shoes

co maanger

Champs is a fun place to work overall. You have to deal with the odd bad customer, but for the more part most who work there will enjoy there time. Great staff members mostly, the long hours standing on your feet can get to you though. Discounts make up for alot.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

long hours standing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Champs Sports. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement