Champs Sports

Champs Sports Employee Reviews

Found 142 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,925 reviews

Productive & Fun workplace everyone should experience

champs sports is a business where there could be endless opportunities for many to whom would like to pursue them.. Extremely friendly place filled with different individuals with their own uniqueness. I've learned to truly put people before yourself also putting yourself in others shoes. The hardest part of the job was leading and constantly reminding our employees that the customers are our main concern, whether they are coming in to look our buy. the most enjoyable would have to be the thought that everyday was going to bring a new experience and positive Journey.

Relaxed

Very relaxed workplace. Boss is a very nice person. If you love shoes this is a great place to work. If you're trying to save money look elsewhere. I didn't save any money with my shoe addiction.

Pros

First dibs on new shoes

Cons

can be quiet at times

Terrible and toxic work environment

Working here made me hate waking up in the morning. The people are terrible and managers are even worse. It was an alright part time but would not recommend.

Pros

30% off, 50% off employee appreciation week

Cons

Stressfull environment, fast-paced, toxic management

Great place to work with nice people. Cool music always playing

The discount is real nice 👍 People are nice and helpful Real strong team work Fun work environment

Pros

Shoe/clothing discounts

Cons

The rushes and shoe size code to remember

Environnement agréable

Très bonne expérience. Etant française, j'ai pu découvrir une autre culture et rapporter une nouvelle fraicheur au magasin.

It used to be lit

To an older management. If you know then you know. Man oh man. Bring me back chief. I was there for part time, he kept cutting my hours. He thinks it’s a dictatorship.

fun place to fun

it is a good place to work, i like the people i work with. everyone is very kind and helpful. my coworkers really do help me figure out where everything is in the store.

Productive and intense but worthwhile and laidback

Laid back job the can get intense at times but is definitely an experience I would recommend to others helps create communication and life lessons you would use in the real world

Great Part-Time Job

This is a good place for university students or high school students to work part-time. The hours are pretty flexible and its a pretty good paying job in Alberta. The downside is that there is no pay raise given to part-timers and there is no commission.

Pros

Discount on gear

Cons

No commission

Decent company to work for

you should get commission and the irregular hours are very hard to plan around the week to week as you always have different shifts throughout. Management is laid back and seems to have no room to move up in the company.

Productive fun work place

Very chill and everyone is nice and relaxed its a very easy job as well you don't have to do much you really just need to be aware of the costumers, that is all

its a fun workplace if you know how to handle people and stay out of drama

work is pretty fun, I learned hot to fold shirts lol. management is a little weird and they show favouritism but then again what job doesn't have that.

Champs

The first job that I had and was a memorable one. Great workers and atmosphere to work in. The pay was minimum wage but the employee discount was great. 30% regularly and occasionally it was 50% on the employee appreciation day.

Well rounded employment and enjoyable store atmosphere

Store was always fun to be at, seeing as I had a great relationship with most of my coworkers. Atmosphere of my storefront led me to want to be at work whenever possible.

Great Job, Terrible Managment

The job itself is great if you are passionate about shoes and apparel but the in store management can be terrible depending on who your manager is. The manager makes the schedule so if you want hours you better hope they like you. Also hours can be pretty scarce at times. Discount is pretty blessed though.

Wouldn't Reccomend

Pros: Flexible - allows for time off, 30% discount. Cons: It's stressful & unhealthy competitive environment, pay sucks and isn't worth the work you put in. MAJOR favouritism. The manager's best friends are the ones who get scheduled, even if they don't deserve it. Literally have gone 2 weeks w/o scheduled even though I sell better than the one's who are getting scheduled. Unprofessional management too. The work environment is kind of like high school- mean and popular kids, huge egos, favouritism, bullying, toxic culture. The popular kids succeed.

Retail in general sucks

Champs Sports Gear is a pretty typical retail workplace. You spend a copious amount of hours on your feet for little reward. As your first part time its fine, the job is as average as they come.

It was great at first

all staff are great people, and the only reason I truly want to come to work is to see my co workers. Otherwise the job is not much at all. The fact that u cant work to get a better pay is really bad No more commission really messed up the whole job.

Pros

u just stand there and do nothing all day

Cons

time goes by so slow and barely any pay

Very amusing and fun at selling shoes

Very fun environment, the management team and everyone was very welcoming. Wish that it was full time employment. I got to meet many different people and learning about different kind of sports team and clothing.

champs sports review

The company is a fun place to work in for sales and cashiers. but as a cashier it is hard to be promoted to a management level where you can be able to advance in the company!

Great retail job experience

Great staff to work with, everyone gets along. Fast pace environment during the holidays and weekends but slow during the weekdays and non-holiday times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Champs Sports. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement