Champs Sports Employee Reviews

Fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 September 2018
Management was really good in my location, they were friendly and outgoing. Very open to if you have any problem. The people I was able to work with were amazing, which is the reason why I liked the job so much.
Pros
workers, management
Cons
pay
Great place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 September 2018
This was my first job at 16 or 17. I learned a lot during my one year there I was lazy but the managers fixed my bad habits. I learned how to sell, I learned how to use the cash register. Merchandise clothing. Shipment. It was a kick back job until a big shoe release comes out. Or holidays/weekends. Cant say there was anything hard about this job. Most enjoyable thing would have to be talking to customers about shoes and also working with the employees there.
Pros
Discount on shoes and new releases
Cons
No Cons
fun work place with good energy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 September 2018
Champs is a great environment to work at. It can be fast past at times but that makes the time go by faster. The overall energy of the employees is exciting to be around.
Amazing.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2018
I was a co-op student there. Learned a lot of people skills. They taught me more about organizing and keeping our store looking clean. Really enjoyed being there. I worked as a sales associate greeting people and i loved it.
Good Retail Job
Co-Manager/Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2018
If you are seeking to advance within retail, Champs is well worth the investment: pays well (for management), lots of room to grow, and solid team environment.
Pros
Pays fair
Cons
Outdated uniform
great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 July 2018
the job i have at champs is a very good working environment I've decided to go into full time work as my school tuition is soon to come. I'd like to work at a construction site for higher wage
The most fun
Co-op Program (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 July 2018
Champs, was the absolute most fun experience I have ever experienced as a job. The working atmosphere is perfect for a teen. The teamwork required is at a high scale and the communication is outstanding on the work floor.
Pros
Cons
Standing for long period of time
Friendly and Unique environment
Part Time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 July 2018
all the people who worked with me are a few of my best friends outside of work. thanks to champs, we got closer by overcoming all the obstacles together
Pros
discounts
Cons
One of the best places to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 June 2018
This is basically a blessed job for sneakerheads, or those trying to become one. Champs is a chill place to work at, staff are friendly, good/fun interactions with customers, good discounts, ok hours. There is a light issue when it comes to shifts, hours are determined by performance, so do not expect to stand around majority of the time.
Pros
Good hours, Benefits, Friendly Environment
Cons
Some sales goals to obtain shifts
sports
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 June 2018
Great workers there and amazing stuff to sell so it makes the job 10 times easier and customers are forthcoming and don't make your job a living helll
Good people
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 June 2018
Anyone above the store manager doesn't seem to care. a lot of drama between stores, youre expected to work long hours, getting a raise is impossible. managers salary is strict. you can work 55 hours and not see any recognition. if you wnat part time and not be able to go anywhere in the company unless you have been there for 20 years, then its good for you.
Pros
good for part time, cool co workers, discount
Cons
a lot of responsibility, unrelieable higher ups, pay is low, customers are rude, overly demanding bosses, no raises
Fun workplace with young upbeat management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 June 2018
Management is understanding and wants to help you grow relationships with customers even if it's just an exchange of a few words. Coworkers are all fairly young and upbeat some harder workers than other but overall a fun place to work.
cool place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2018
nice people fun environment to work a good place to starts sales. You have to meet your quota that's the downside of working sales. I worked with a friend and we share sales, so that wasn't a problem for me.
Pros
discount
Cons
cant trust some people
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2018
very good management
shifts are decent
culture is okay, could be better
sales are competitive
on a day to day basis :
clock in
review stores daily net goals of sales
at a point it was commision, where the more you sell, the more you get paid. Therefore it has become a competition but also a teamwork environment in order to increase the companies sales.
fun place to work but the pay was Really bad
Assistant Manager (Full time) Scarborough (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2018
best place to work great people to work with with great brands and stuff.

but the salary was terrible and they make you travel far if your part of management team.

its good job only if your Store manager than that its not a best place to work
Pros
good discount
Cons
salary
Not bad
Sales Associate / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2018
It was a pt job, i kept it for fun. Not in it for the money, i stayed for the people. Made a lot of good friends. Have a fair manager. Its a sales job.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Not the greatest
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 March 2018
Champs was terrible pay for the work you did. You would work overtime and not get paid for it because "your salary". So happy we parted ways so I could reach my potential .
Easy to get bored
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC6 March 2018
Need to work during holidays.
Meet different people everyday.
Good shoes and clothing discount.
Inflexible time for full time but flexible for part time.
Productive and Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON2 March 2018
A typical day involves folding cloths, organizing sections of cloths. During prime-time I must sell shoes, communicate in a formal but enthusiastic manner. In a fast environment like this I also must keep a look out for shoplifters and prevent stolen merchandise.
Very fun workplace and flexible schedule!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 February 2018
I learnt so many skills working at Champs and it's skills that I can use in my every day life. This workplace helps you break out of your shell and become comfortable talking to different people every day.