Champs Sports Employee Reviews

Found 122 reviews matching the search See all 1,557 reviews
champs
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 May 2019
on the floor, getting customers whatever shoes or products they wants. Also give customers your opinion on shoes since you are more educated on shoes than they are. and just be happy and full of joy and the day goes by smoothly.
Good place to work when you want to work retail
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON1 May 2019
put away clothes, learn people skills and communication. management was great and was really helpful. most enjoyable part of the job is being around sneakers and sneaker culture.
Pros
your around people with the same youth mindset
Cons
closing takes a while
Great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 April 2019
Pretty good place if you love interacting with people and being in an environment where you share your passion for shoes. Wouldnt recommend if you are looking for somewhere high paying.
You will be faced with rude customers from time to time but honestly, you'd get used to it. Definitely somewhere where I'd recommend young people to work (16 years +) if it's part-time. Overall, the pay isn't the best but great atmosphere.
Pros
30% & 50% discount, access to shoes before the public
Cons
Barely hours, low pay, rude customers (sometimes), No commision
Great place to work at first
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 April 2019
Champs was a great experience for me, I learned many skills which I can apply to my every day life, these skills have helped me grow as a person and as a manager. The company cut out commission about a year ago, it cuts your pay at an insane rate. It has taken away from providing the high quality customer service we used to do. The managers are amazing and it feels more like a family.Even when I became a manager they cut the pay to hourly and it really doesn't compensate you well for all the work you do.
Pros
Great discount, Great Management, A decent work life management
Cons
Pay cut not worth it, no more commission, longer mall hours during Christmas
Sales (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON26 March 2019
Come in to work ready for the day and to start things going. First id walk around the store before i even punched in to make eye of what needs to be done. With the environment i was placed in it was always good vibes so saying "hi" and a fist bump to everyone was a must.
Clock in see, right after checked what orders came in. fixed the ques, took new and old clothes of the hangers. As that was done, i'd take out the boxes that were shipped in and took the clothes out the box to be fixed, folded and put up on display.

Hardest part of the job is at the start of the first go around. Figuring out the back of the store and finding the shoes. As task of figuring out where all the shoes and stocks are from; women's, men's, kids, to where the brands are and sizes.
Pros
Great Enviornment
Cons
Lack of Shifts
Workplace culture
Co-op Student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2019
Since Champs is a shoe store we all like shoes or some of us are hype beast so we like to talk about shoes, ask people where they bought them, talk about our recent pick ups and stuff like that. Its kinda nice but sometimes i wear a shoe that i think is normal and a worker will give you a compliment and it feels good little things like that can really make you enjoy working there.
Pros
everyone gets along
Cons
can be awkward and quite
Fun workplace with an upbeat energy.
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 January 2019
Champs was an overall fun experience, a good first job but wouldn't recommend long-term. Hardest part of the job was probably bias from within management but that's bound to happen with all jobs.
Pros
Discount, fun customers
Cons
Bias
Dont work their
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 January 2019
Would not recommend working for them in Calgary as the district managers treat you like garbage. I was a manager there for 2 years not a single raise and was treated not very good.
nice workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 December 2018
Typically I would go to the cashier and see what cashier I would be working at, at times I would go out and bring unfolded clothes to the front and fold them when we weren't busy and bring them back when I was done. I learnt a bit about shoes and different clothing companies, I also learnt how to fold properly. The workplace itself was great, the co-workers were very nice and fun people to work with, as well as the managers. The hardest part would probably be having to constantly walk back and forth to get unfolded clothing. I really enjoyed the people I worked with as well as the environment I was in I just really loved the place itself
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
welcoming community and great environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 December 2018
The environment in champs was so welcoming when I first started. Everybody helped and made me feel so comfortable and confident that I would love this job, which I do.
Pros
Discount
Cons
lots of standing
fun, competitive, fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 November 2018
we had targets and also made commision so everyone would push hard for sales while helping each other. we learned to be a team while working hard to make commision.
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2018
Working with certain People and also having discounts on shoes and clothing. You can get up to 50% off of most things in store every 3 months for employee appreciation week.
Fun Place to Work for a Short Time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC10 November 2018
Fun place to work however work can get intense when the store becomes busy because the company is always trying to save hours. In other words, they are too poor to hire more employees. There is no such thing as a sick call at this place which is pretty ridiculous. I sick called once in my entire year of employment and was forced to come in because they don't have anyone to come in. The store is always running into staffing issue which is a direct result of their poor wages. You will never get a raise at this job, stuck at minimum wage. The commission is a joke and only gets seen during back to school or Christmas shopping seasons. Only raise you get is when you are promoted to a higher position. Would be a more fun place to work if there were more people to work with.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Terrible staffing, underpaid
Great Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2018
It's a very fast pace, communication oriented job. The workplace culture is terrific, gives you the ability to meet new and different people. A typical day consists of you providing customer service and interacting with others.
good first job
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2018
a good job for someone who is looking for their first job. Champs does a good job of staying true to their culture and keeps in touch with athletic and fashion trends
experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 September 2018
way too demanding in sales and i dind tlike ti even though it was my first job, but it taught me alot and helped me build myself for my next job that would follow
A cool job to have but job security and hours aren't good
Sales Associate/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 September 2018
Working with the people is fun and never dull. Everybody is welcoming and helpful for when you need it. The job isn't very secure because they tend to hire seasonal beforehand (They usually don't need people beyond that). And the work isn't too hard. if part time, you need a second job because hours are not good.
Pros
Discount & co-workers
Cons
little hours a week
Fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 September 2018
Management was really good in my location, they were friendly and outgoing. Very open to if you have any problem. The people I was able to work with were amazing, which is the reason why I liked the job so much.
Pros
workers, management
Cons
pay
Great place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 September 2018
This was my first job at 16 or 17. I learned a lot during my one year there I was lazy but the managers fixed my bad habits. I learned how to sell, I learned how to use the cash register. Merchandise clothing. Shipment. It was a kick back job until a big shoe release comes out. Or holidays/weekends. Cant say there was anything hard about this job. Most enjoyable thing would have to be talking to customers about shoes and also working with the employees there.
Pros
Discount on shoes and new releases
Cons
No Cons
fun work place with good energy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 September 2018
Champs is a great environment to work at. It can be fast past at times but that makes the time go by faster. The overall energy of the employees is exciting to be around.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Champs Sports. Our community is ready to answer.