Champs Sports

Champs Sports Employee Reviews

Canada139 reviews
Productive & Fun workplace everyone should experience
champs sports is a business where there could be endless opportunities for many to whom would like to pursue them.. Extremely friendly place filled with different individuals with their own uniqueness. I've learned to truly put people before yourself also putting yourself in others shoes. The hardest part of the job was leading and constantly reminding our employees that the customers are our main concern, whether they are coming in to look our buy. the most enjoyable would have to be the thought that everyday was going to bring a new experience and positive Journey.
Environnement agréable
Très bonne expérience. Etant française, j'ai pu découvrir une autre culture et rapporter une nouvelle fraicheur au magasin.
It used to be lit
To an older management. If you know then you know. Man oh man. Bring me back chief. I was there for part time, he kept cutting my hours. He thinks it’s a dictatorship.
fun place to fun
it is a good place to work, i like the people i work with. everyone is very kind and helpful. my coworkers really do help me figure out where everything is in the store.
Productive and intense but worthwhile and laidback
Laid back job the can get intense at times but is definitely an experience I would recommend to others
helps create communication and life lessons you would use in the real world
Great Part-Time Job
This is a good place for university students or high school students to work part-time. The hours are pretty flexible and its a pretty good paying job in Alberta. The downside is that there is no pay raise given to part-timers and there is no commission.
Pros
Discount on gear
Cons
No commission
Decent company to work for
you should get commission and the irregular hours are very hard to plan around the week to week as you always have different shifts throughout. Management is laid back and seems to have no room to move up in the company.
Productive fun work place
Very chill and everyone is nice and relaxed its a very easy job as well you don't have to do much you really just need to be aware of the costumers, that is all
its a fun workplace if you know how to handle people and stay out of drama
work is pretty fun, I learned hot to fold shirts lol. management is a little weird and they show favouritism but then again what job doesn't have that.
Champs
The first job that I had and was a memorable one. Great workers and atmosphere to work in. The pay was minimum wage but the employee discount was great. 30% regularly and occasionally it was 50% on the employee appreciation day.
Well rounded employment and enjoyable store atmosphere
Store was always fun to be at, seeing as I had a great relationship with most of my coworkers. Atmosphere of my storefront led me to want to be at work whenever possible.
Great Job, Terrible Managment
The job itself is great if you are passionate about shoes and apparel but the in store management can be terrible depending on who your manager is. The manager makes the schedule so if you want hours you better hope they like you. Also hours can be pretty scarce at times. Discount is pretty blessed though.
Wouldn't Reccomend
Pros: Flexible - allows for time off, 30% discount. Cons: It's stressful & unhealthy competitive environment, pay sucks and isn't worth the work you put in. MAJOR favouritism. The manager's best friends are the ones who get scheduled, even if they don't deserve it. Literally have gone 2 weeks w/o scheduled even though I sell better than the one's who are getting scheduled. Unprofessional management too. The work environment is kind of like high school- mean and popular kids, huge egos, favouritism, bullying, toxic culture. The popular kids succeed.
Retail in general sucks
Champs Sports Gear is a pretty typical retail workplace. You spend a copious amount of hours on your feet for little reward. As your first part time its fine, the job is as average as they come.
It was great at first
all staff are great people, and the only reason I truly want to come to work is to see my co workers. Otherwise the job is not much at all. The fact that u cant work to get a better pay is really bad No more commission really messed up the whole job.
Pros
u just stand there and do nothing all day
Cons
time goes by so slow and barely any pay
Very amusing and fun at selling shoes
Very fun environment, the management team and everyone was very welcoming. Wish that it was full time employment. I got to meet many different people and learning about different kind of sports team and clothing.
champs sports review
The company is a fun place to work in for sales and cashiers. but as a cashier it is hard to be promoted to a management level where you can be able to advance in the company!
Great retail job experience
Great staff to work with, everyone gets along. Fast pace environment during the holidays and weekends but slow during the weekdays and non-holiday times.
champs
on the floor, getting customers whatever shoes or products they wants. Also give customers your opinion on shoes since you are more educated on shoes than they are. and just be happy and full of joy and the day goes by smoothly.
Good place to work when you want to work retail
put away clothes, learn people skills and communication. management was great and was really helpful. most enjoyable part of the job is being around sneakers and sneaker culture.
Pros
your around people with the same youth mindset
Cons
closing takes a while
Great
Pretty good place if you love interacting with people and being in an environment where you share your passion for shoes. Wouldnt recommend if you are looking for somewhere high paying.
You will be faced with rude customers from time to time but honestly, you'd get used to it. Definitely somewhere where I'd recommend young people to work (16 years +) if it's part-time. Overall, the pay isn't the best but great atmosphere.
Pros
30% & 50% discount, access to shoes before the public
Cons
Barely hours, low pay, rude customers (sometimes), No commision
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Champs Sports. Our community is ready to answer.