Champs Sports Employee Reviews

One of the best places to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 June 2018
This is basically a blessed job for sneakerheads, or those trying to become one. Champs is a chill place to work at, staff are friendly, good/fun interactions with customers, good discounts, ok hours. There is a light issue when it comes to shifts, hours are determined by performance, so do not expect to stand around majority of the time.
Pros
Good hours, Benefits, Friendly Environment
Cons
Some sales goals to obtain shifts
sports
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 June 2018
Great workers there and amazing stuff to sell so it makes the job 10 times easier and customers are forthcoming and don't make your job a living helll
Good people
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 June 2018
Anyone above the store manager doesn't seem to care. a lot of drama between stores, youre expected to work long hours, getting a raise is impossible. managers salary is strict. you can work 55 hours and not see any recognition. if you wnat part time and not be able to go anywhere in the company unless you have been there for 20 years, then its good for you.
Pros
good for part time, cool co workers, discount
Cons
a lot of responsibility, unrelieable higher ups, pay is low, customers are rude, overly demanding bosses, no raises
Fun workplace with young upbeat management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 June 2018
Management is understanding and wants to help you grow relationships with customers even if it's just an exchange of a few words. Coworkers are all fairly young and upbeat some harder workers than other but overall a fun place to work.
cool place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2018
nice people fun environment to work a good place to starts sales. You have to meet your quota that's the downside of working sales. I worked with a friend and we share sales, so that wasn't a problem for me.
Pros
discount
Cons
cant trust some people
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2018
very good management
shifts are decent
culture is okay, could be better
sales are competitive
on a day to day basis :
clock in
review stores daily net goals of sales
at a point it was commision, where the more you sell, the more you get paid. Therefore it has become a competition but also a teamwork environment in order to increase the companies sales.
fun place to work but the pay was Really bad
Assistant Manager (Full time) Scarborough (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2018
best place to work great people to work with with great brands and stuff.

but the salary was terrible and they make you travel far if your part of management team.

its good job only if your Store manager than that its not a best place to work
Pros
good discount
Cons
salary
Not bad
Sales Associate / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2018
It was a pt job, i kept it for fun. Not in it for the money, i stayed for the people. Made a lot of good friends. Have a fair manager. Its a sales job.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Not the greatest
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 March 2018
Champs was terrible pay for the work you did. You would work overtime and not get paid for it because "your salary". So happy we parted ways so I could reach my potential .
Easy to get bored
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC6 March 2018
Need to work during holidays.
Meet different people everyday.
Good shoes and clothing discount.
Inflexible time for full time but flexible for part time.
Productive and Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON2 March 2018
A typical day involves folding cloths, organizing sections of cloths. During prime-time I must sell shoes, communicate in a formal but enthusiastic manner. In a fast environment like this I also must keep a look out for shoplifters and prevent stolen merchandise.
Very fun workplace and flexible schedule!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 February 2018
I learnt so many skills working at Champs and it's skills that I can use in my every day life. This workplace helps you break out of your shell and become comfortable talking to different people every day.
Amazing work force.
Team Lead - Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 January 2018
This company is diverse and has amazing service not only for costumers but also employees.
- days at work inquire full effect costumer service
- constantly learning about whats new
- great management / head quarters
-workplace culture is very diverse
it was fun doing co-op there
Customer Service (Co-op) (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 December 2017
I learned that you don't have to be shy and working can be fun with your people and the workplace culture was good and felt like I was part of the family
Pros
teaching me the stuff that I need to know about it
Cons
i don't really have one
Far
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC10 November 2017
its really far to get to, its okay, managers are some what nice, pretty dead on the weekdays then busy on weekends, I would prefer to work somewhere closer tho
It was good - learned a lot
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2017
it was job that you can learn a lot from as it was one of the leading stores for shoes - it's definitely a job i have considered home for many years, and i believe others will enjoy as well
fun workplace with great partners to work with
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC11 October 2017
When I worked at champs, it was a great experience from being able to go into work and enjoy speaking to not only people that have became my friends but also communicate and create a connection with guest that came into the store. Being able to see a sales goals to strive to work and make that goals great but to accede it was even better.
Pros
long hours and flexible schedule
Cons
lots of folding
Good part time job for students
Sales Associate & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 September 2017
A typical day at work is just like any standard retail job. I've learned how to manage my time, work efficiently, delegate tasks and network. Management was good there are managers you could really bond and build a great friendship outside of work, very understanding to life outside of work. The job is not very hard and it is not a big transitioning into management after a year. Most enjoyable part of the job is spending it with your coworkers.
Energetic environment!
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2017
Great place to work! There are alot of opportunities here and the potential for growth goes a long way. Work load is very flexible and personal advancement in this compamy comes from hard work and determination.
Overall amazing workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON12 September 2017
Working at champs sports was an amazing experience, i got to learn what its like to work in the retail industry and learned a lot of things from that. I would definitely work there again. Working there helps me understand people more and help me accommodate to their needs.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
gurmpy customers