Champs Sports Employee Reviews

Found 116 reviews matching the search See all 1,488 reviews
Dont work their
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 January 2019
Would not recommend working for them in Calgary as the district managers treat you like garbage. I was a manager there for 2 years not a single raise and was treated not very good.
Fun Place to Work for a Short Time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC10 November 2018
Fun place to work however work can get intense when the store becomes busy because the company is always trying to save hours. In other words, they are too poor to hire more employees. There is no such thing as a sick call at this place which is pretty ridiculous. I sick called once in my entire year of employment and was forced to come in because they don't have anyone to come in. The store is always running into staffing issue which is a direct result of their poor wages. You will never get a raise at this job, stuck at minimum wage. The commission is a joke and only gets seen during back to school or Christmas shopping seasons. Only raise you get is when you are promoted to a higher position. Would be a more fun place to work if there were more people to work with.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Terrible staffing, underpaid
Good people
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 June 2018
Anyone above the store manager doesn't seem to care. a lot of drama between stores, youre expected to work long hours, getting a raise is impossible. managers salary is strict. you can work 55 hours and not see any recognition. if you wnat part time and not be able to go anywhere in the company unless you have been there for 20 years, then its good for you.
Pros
good for part time, cool co workers, discount
Cons
a lot of responsibility, unrelieable higher ups, pay is low, customers are rude, overly demanding bosses, no raises
One of the best places to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 June 2018
This is basically a blessed job for sneakerheads, or those trying to become one. Champs is a chill place to work at, staff are friendly, good/fun interactions with customers, good discounts, ok hours. There is a light issue when it comes to shifts, hours are determined by performance, so do not expect to stand around majority of the time.
Pros
Good hours, Benefits, Friendly Environment
Cons
Some sales goals to obtain shifts
fun place to work but the pay was Really bad
Assistant Manager (Full time) Scarborough (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2018
best place to work great people to work with with great brands and stuff.

but the salary was terrible and they make you travel far if your part of management team.

its good job only if your Store manager than that its not a best place to work
Pros
good discount
Cons
salary
nice workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 December 2018
Typically I would go to the cashier and see what cashier I would be working at, at times I would go out and bring unfolded clothes to the front and fold them when we weren't busy and bring them back when I was done. I learnt a bit about shoes and different clothing companies, I also learnt how to fold properly. The workplace itself was great, the co-workers were very nice and fun people to work with, as well as the managers. The hardest part would probably be having to constantly walk back and forth to get unfolded clothing. I really enjoyed the people I worked with as well as the environment I was in I just really loved the place itself
Pros
great co-workers
Not the greatest
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 March 2018
Champs was terrible pay for the work you did. You would work overtime and not get paid for it because "your salary". So happy we parted ways so I could reach my potential .
Workplace culture
Co-op Student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2019
Since Champs is a shoe store we all like shoes or some of us are hype beast so we like to talk about shoes, ask people where they bought them, talk about our recent pick ups and stuff like that. Its kinda nice but sometimes i wear a shoe that i think is normal and a worker will give you a compliment and it feels good little things like that can really make you enjoy working there.
Pros
everyone gets along
Cons
can be awkward and quite
Fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 September 2018
Management was really good in my location, they were friendly and outgoing. Very open to if you have any problem. The people I was able to work with were amazing, which is the reason why I liked the job so much.
Pros
workers, management
Cons
pay
Great Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2018
It's a very fast pace, communication oriented job. The workplace culture is terrific, gives you the ability to meet new and different people. A typical day consists of you providing customer service and interacting with others.
welcoming community and great environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 December 2018
The environment in champs was so welcoming when I first started. Everybody helped and made me feel so comfortable and confident that I would love this job, which I do.
Pros
Discount
Cons
lots of standing
fun, competitive, fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 November 2018
we had targets and also made commision so everyone would push hard for sales while helping each other. we learned to be a team while working hard to make commision.
good first job
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2018
a good job for someone who is looking for their first job. Champs does a good job of staying true to their culture and keeps in touch with athletic and fashion trends
Good Retail Job
Co-Manager/Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2018
If you are seeking to advance within retail, Champs is well worth the investment: pays well (for management), lots of room to grow, and solid team environment.
Pros
Pays fair
Cons
Outdated uniform
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2018
Working with certain People and also having discounts on shoes and clothing. You can get up to 50% off of most things in store every 3 months for employee appreciation week.
A cool job to have but job security and hours aren't good
Sales Associate/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 September 2018
Working with the people is fun and never dull. Everybody is welcoming and helpful for when you need it. The job isn't very secure because they tend to hire seasonal beforehand (They usually don't need people beyond that). And the work isn't too hard. if part time, you need a second job because hours are not good.
Pros
Discount & co-workers
Cons
little hours a week
Friendly and Unique environment
Part Time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 July 2018
all the people who worked with me are a few of my best friends outside of work. thanks to champs, we got closer by overcoming all the obstacles together
Pros
discounts
experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 September 2018
way too demanding in sales and i dind tlike ti even though it was my first job, but it taught me alot and helped me build myself for my next job that would follow
fun work place with good energy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 September 2018
Champs is a great environment to work at. It can be fast past at times but that makes the time go by faster. The overall energy of the employees is exciting to be around.
Great place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 September 2018
This was my first job at 16 or 17. I learned a lot during my one year there I was lazy but the managers fixed my bad habits. I learned how to sell, I learned how to use the cash register. Merchandise clothing. Shipment. It was a kick back job until a big shoe release comes out. Or holidays/weekends. Cant say there was anything hard about this job. Most enjoyable thing would have to be talking to customers about shoes and also working with the employees there.
Pros
Discount on shoes and new releases
Cons
No Cons