Champs Sports

Canada140 reviews

Found 140 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,938 reviews
shoesportdiscountclothingsalestorefunsell

Decent

The job is decent tbh. Pay is alright but you can definitely find better pay for less workload. If you love the sneaker culture then you'll fit in and love it but how long will you love it with ok pay and not much room for growth.

Pros

discount, managers get benefits and bonuses

Cons

short unpaid break, not much pay, could be better benefits

Great environment

Coworkers are great, environment is relaxed and I’m always excited to work. Easy to manage with outside life. Great company with good values. Met amazing people through champs

Insights into Champs Sports

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Mid

It was mid good on flexibility but it’s boring you do what needs to be done there is a discount but then there’s no advancement really.

Pros

Discount

Cons

No where to advance

Great place to work, no where to move up

I fit in perfectly, but with how well I was doing in sales and pushing myself there was no where else to go, being laughed at when discussing higher positions. You will meet the best co-workers here, but management is a total joke.

Easy job but manager was demanding and co-workers were unfriendly

A decent job if you’re in school but don’t expect much from it. 80% of the time you’re just running back and forth for different shoe sizes. Other 20% is attempting to sell shoe spray.

Not a bad place to work in

This job was okay for a first, definitely would not rely on this helping my living costs. As this job usually does not give you enough hours to work. Minimum wage was still paid for students, and the workplace was just a great environment.

Great place for a sneaker enthusiast

Champs was a very fun place to work at! I had a wonderful time here. the hourly wage should increase as the work load can be intense during busy seasons. Other then that amazing place to work and meet new people who share common interests sneakers!

Pros

Discount Great team

Cons

Poor pay

great first job

Good first job, experience with sales, and minor responsibility. The ability to balance school and work is relatively easy thanks to management. The opportunity to become a manager and grow your resume is basically open to any employee.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

it's retail

Relaxed

Very relaxed workplace. Boss is a very nice person. If you love shoes this is a great place to work. If you're trying to save money look elsewhere. I didn't save any money with my shoe addiction.

Pros

First dibs on new shoes

Cons

can be quiet at times

Terrible and toxic work environment

Working here made me hate waking up in the morning. The people are terrible and managers are even worse. It was an alright part time but would not recommend.

Pros

30% off, 50% off employee appreciation week

Cons

Stressfull environment, fast-paced, toxic management

Great place to work with nice people. Cool music always playing

The discount is real nice 👍 People are nice and helpful Real strong team work Fun work environment

Pros

Shoe/clothing discounts

Cons

The rushes and shoe size code to remember

Productive & Fun workplace everyone should experience

champs sports is a business where there could be endless opportunities for many to whom would like to pursue them.. Extremely friendly place filled with different individuals with their own uniqueness. I've learned to truly put people before yourself also putting yourself in others shoes. The hardest part of the job was leading and constantly reminding our employees that the customers are our main concern, whether they are coming in to look our buy. the most enjoyable would have to be the thought that everyday was going to bring a new experience and positive Journey.

Environnement agréable

Très bonne expérience. Etant française, j'ai pu découvrir une autre culture et rapporter une nouvelle fraicheur au magasin.

It used to be lit

To an older management. If you know then you know. Man oh man. Bring me back chief. I was there for part time, he kept cutting my hours. He thinks it’s a dictatorship.

fun place to fun

it is a good place to work, i like the people i work with. everyone is very kind and helpful. my coworkers really do help me figure out where everything is in the store.

Productive and intense but worthwhile and laidback

Laid back job the can get intense at times but is definitely an experience I would recommend to others helps create communication and life lessons you would use in the real world

Great Part-Time Job

This is a good place for university students or high school students to work part-time. The hours are pretty flexible and its a pretty good paying job in Alberta. The downside is that there is no pay raise given to part-timers and there is no commission.

Pros

Discount on gear

Cons

No commission

Decent company to work for

you should get commission and the irregular hours are very hard to plan around the week to week as you always have different shifts throughout. Management is laid back and seems to have no room to move up in the company.

Productive fun work place

Very chill and everyone is nice and relaxed its a very easy job as well you don't have to do much you really just need to be aware of the costumers, that is all

its a fun workplace if you know how to handle people and stay out of drama

work is pretty fun, I learned hot to fold shirts lol. management is a little weird and they show favouritism but then again what job doesn't have that.

Champs

The first job that I had and was a memorable one. Great workers and atmosphere to work in. The pay was minimum wage but the employee discount was great. 30% regularly and occasionally it was 50% on the employee appreciation day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Champs Sports. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement