CHAMPLAIN LHIN
CHAMPLAIN LHIN Employee Review

An enjoyable experience.

29 January 2020
I enjoyed working with the Champlain LHIN. Unfortunately it was a temporary position so I was not entitled to benefits or vacation. I did get paid a higher wage in lieu but would have preferred the vacation and benefits as I need them.
Overall, it was a good experience.
15 August 2020
Case Manager (Former Employee) - Ottawa
Enjoyed helping clients ,setting up services and supporting them in the community which is very rewarding. However, workload is often heavy and when taking holidays little can get done depending on who is covering as many are just coasting. Management (especially the low level managers) which we report to, are not trained to manage anything and even less people, are metrics oriented and offer little genuine support. It is like they all read from a script-so artificial, so fake, never seen anything like it. Workplace culture is fragmented, secretive, and toxic. Needs a clean up, especially in management and at all levels.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Management, toxic environment
15 August 2020
Team Assistant (Former Employee) - Ottawa
Training was almost non existant; very little support from management and co-workers; toxic environment where everyone hated their jobs; a place where you always had to watch your back. Definitely the worse work environment I have ever been in.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Toxic work environment
9 July 2020
Manager (Former Employee) - Ottawa, ON
Metrics oriented, superficially supportive, secretive senior management and little chance for advancement unless one has been there for many many years, promoting people for time served as opposed to those with qualifications! New ideas, thinking outside the box to address issues especially with changing times is not welcome. A specific roadmap is followed and not deviated from, no matter what happens! A culture of cultivated ignorance, more concerned with its perceived performance as opposed to actual quality client care delivery and efficiency .
To be avoided except as a "stepping stone" to something better.
Benefits
Cons
Stale, non-progressive management