CHAMPION PETFOODS Employee Reviews

Stay away to this Company kitchen in Morinville
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Morinville Alberta2 June 2018
This company is very unprofessional start from the production manager to the supervisor.Very uneducate people doesn’t know how to handle and to take care people that’s why people quitting or get fired because of Politics inside the management...this company is nothing before but Foreign worker work hard to much
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Doesn’t know how to handle people right
Unprofessional Plant Management
Former Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morinville, AB26 November 2017
Currently there are managers for every activity in the plant and each runs in their own fashion. A handful of high school graduates with bare knowledge of food industry are running the plant and each of them have their own interest to establish in the plant. Favouritism takes priority for everything than team approach. These managers have never seen a food plant in their life, but try to copy and implement industry standards by reading the websites and failed in their attempts. There are great employees in the plant unfortunately they are under divide & rule method.
Pros
Great products
Cons
You have no clue what are you trying to achieve.
Great people and strong company commitment to VMV
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 August 2017
It's transitioning from an entrepreneurial company to a corporate organization which means processes and structures are non-existent or seldom followed. Exceptionally long hours are expected of managers (80+ hours per week). Staff are rewarded with payday breakfasts and end of the month lunches which helps build great camaraderie. This is a company that suits specific individuals.
Great place to work at
Packaging Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Morinville, AB3 June 2017
Great working experience and a great place to work at. A fully supportive and approachable management team who is always ready to help. A great team with friendly team leads and co workers
Pros
Free lunches
Run
Worker (Former Employee) –  Morinville, AB13 March 2017
Over worked they keep piling work on whether you tell management and when you do they find a reason to get rid of people. I liked the staff is worked with but did not like management as they are only worried about themselves. I would not recommend this company to anyone, including my enemissions as I am not that cruel.
Pros
Lunch once a month
Great Team
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Morinville, AB9 March 2017
What I enjoy most about champion pet foods is that I do not feel micro managed. We have a great team that works very well together and that holds each other accountable. We put a lot of trust into one another to complete our task day in and day out.
Friendly Employees, Long Shifts
Factory Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Morinville, AB7 March 2017
Overall, my experience was relatively short, as I only worked in the factory for the summer. However, the other employees are incredibly friendly and the job keeps you busy.
Pros
Friendly staff, always busy
Cons
Really hot working environment, and you WILL smell after a shift
Stay away from this company !!!!
production worker (Former Employee) –  Morinville, AB29 December 2015
If you want to have a "life" stay away from this company. They expect you to work every day overtime, holidays and weekends. Non professional management. Good skilled employees are leaving because no chance of promotion. 2 class people culture (specially if you are a foreign worker). Don't expect proper support from the management when it comes to work permits. They make promises that you never get.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
the production worker stick together
Liked the people I worked with
Mixer Operator (Former Employee) –  Champion, WAL30 November 2015
To tell you the truth I did not like working at Champion Petfoods. I started working here under the impression that I will be going to the maintenance dept.
Pros
Free lunch on Sundays, 4 day weekend
Cons
Bad company management
Management is very hard to work for
Peoduction (Former Employee) –  Morinville13 October 2015
Unrealistic expectations. Expecting you to work all the time overtime long weekends holidays never time off. Management sticks together and makes it hard on employees.
Pros
Free lunches gift card program
Cons
Management team
Stable Reliable and Friendly
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morinville, AB1 October 2015
Champion petfoods with with me in good health and bad health and took care of me allowing me to earn a living through heart complications and the deterioration of my body from a heart condition. They were always willing to provide me with work and were like a family with their kindness.

I did depart though as my health condition was so severe that I could no longer perform basic tasks and as a matter of pride I resigned even though they would have happily kept me longer.
Not recommended
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 September 2015
Although this is a local company with a great product, and what would initially seem to be a great opportunity, Champion is not a professionally-managed company.
There are 2 camps within leadership, both try to avoid each other and duplicate work, create confusion amongst employees and create boundaries between people they should be leading cohesively.
I encountered a "my way or the highway" style of leadership.
There was also a very obvious and inappropriate personal relationship taking place between two of the leaders, and favouritism ran rampant.
I was hopeful as a Director of HR was hired while I was there, but she was later fired - although the initiatives she was implementing were great.
One great thing about Champion was the other employees. There is a really great group of people who work there and who stick around because they believe in the product.
Personally, I couldn't take the abuse.
Pros
Great employees. Great Products.
Cons
Management is unprofessional
not a place i would recomend
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Morinville, AB26 November 2014
i would stay far far away. Lacks proper leadership. no room for advancement. management takes the sides of others with out proper understanding. policies are not correctly followed and the integrity is lost. it is just a job and has lost its way from where the company was going before it was sold. no insentives and has a poor reputation.
Pros
nill
Cons
nothing to look forward for
Amazing money but too many politics and no room for advancement
Packaging /Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Morinville Alberta24 November 2013
I was a machine operator I learned 5 different machines. Did tests of the food. Packaged the food. Moved pallets with a fork lift and or pallet jack. I loved my co-workers not the management but the people i worked with.There was no room for advancement. It was in Morinville a 30 minute drive on a good day, looking for something closer to my house...
Pros
Good money free pet food
Cons
too many politics
Productive and Fun Environment to work in
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2012
The people here make it a great place to work. Communication is open and friendly. Employees go out for lunch together and everyone enjoys a monthly company lunch together.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
located in an industrial park in edmonton (necessary, but inconvenient)