Champion Petfoods

Champion Petfoods Employee Reviews

Canada51 reviews
Nice job
I worked startng when the compagnie was freez dry till it becomes champion petfoods. Different owners but same manager. So environment didn't change. Only type of job was not exactly the same
Great place to work as long as you are ready and capable to do the job they hired you for. Management is great and everyone takes pride in doing their best every day. I moved here for a better opportunity. If you are looking for a professional and good working environment then this is the place for you.
Stressful, Demoralizing
The Maintenance Manager at the Morinville Plant is the worst manager I have ever had to work under! He demoralizes his staff and make the the work environment virtually unbearable!
Productive and positive environment for work.
A comfortable and positive environment for work. Great company culture, great benefits plan and compensation. Safety in the workplace is their priority. I have been working with 6 companies in Canada and this company is easily the best company that I worked with. Management is very supportive, this company truly values its employees.
Best work place and organization culture
Pros:
1. One can grow his/her career and learn so many new skills, as the company grows

2. Down to earth, visionary leadership committed to the company strategy

3. Competent and caring middle management deploying the strategy

4. Loyal and diverse functional teams sharing core values and passion for pets around the world

5. Appreciations, rewards and guidance for members, truly based on transparent appraisal system linked to individual and company goals

6. Competitive benefits to retain and attract the talents and the best fit to the culture.

7. With out a doubt, world's best pet foods made from the highest quality ingredients

8. State of the art, manufacturing facilities (kitchens) and elegant offices

9. Best management systems in all functional areas from key functional areas to supporting services

10. With in the first week, any new team member will feel the energy among the teams and the engagement with one another

Cons:

Truly, I don't have any thing bad to say about Champion. However, it is guaranteed that you will never say I'm bored with in a few weeks of hiring, because more than a job, working at Champion feels like you are taking an advanced training in your area of expertise. So much learning and growth opportunities, which I have never seen in other organizations. If you are ready for next learning curve in your career, Champion Petfoods is the perfect fit.
Growing Company with Amazing Products!
Champion Petfoods is on a strong growth trajectory with an expanded and very experienced Senior Leadership team taking the business to new levels.
Champion operates 2 new World Class production facilities producing amazing top quality products.

Champion offers competitive benefit and compensation packages and a good work life balance.

Great perk... Free pet food program for us Pet Lovers!

In close to 10 years with Champion I have experienced excellent opportunities for growth and development.

Terrific opportunity for anyone who is open to new challenges and experiences.
Fast Paced, Supportive and Fun
I was hired as a Customer Care Rep which sounds like a relatively easy position; however, I had three interviews - one phone call screening, one in person with two interviewers, and one with the current customer care team. Team fit is extremely important. Day to day, we are expected to handle your typical customer care duties such as answering phones and replying to emails. We are also expected to complete assigned projects and work collaboratively with other areas of the company. You are expected to do many projects that are well beyond the scope of your average customer care position, which can be seen as a chance to expand your knowledge or be extremely stressful. We always seem to be working towards a quickly approaching deadline. Everyone in the corporate office is friendly and easy going. The best days are when the dogs are in the office!
I did not enjoy my experience there.
There is no real training program. Learn on the fly, word of mouth training. Production push, push, push. Multiple production errors are not tolerated well.
Terrible culture
Really Terrible management they still have not figured it out. Bad politics at play, no advancement , would not recommend. High turnover due to many resignations and rapid firing
Very high pace
I came in shortly after most of the old IT staff had been let go and a few more have left since I started. Company is growing very quickly and has a incredible pace.
Something Special
Working at this company was something special and would never be forgotten. Co Workers are kind nice to me since the day I started my training up to the time that I resign because of some personal matters.
Worked there during construction of the facility
Unsure how they are to work for directly.
I do hear they have created a poor safety culture now that they are in operation.

I don't have much direct knowledge since the construction of the facility was in stages and I have been done from that site for a while
hard work and good pay
Lots of new and fun things to learna dn the wage was awesome. was let go of for wrongful dissmissal . Lots of OT and lots of ways to advance. Would try and get on here again as the benefits are awesome and you get a nice christmas bonus
Pros
free lunches, good money
Cons
poor management
it sucks
dont do it its garbage the people suck and they will fire you for no reason i got taken to the hospital and they fired me for no reason cause they didnt want to deal with wcb
Great employee's - hard working
People are great but bad management. You can get fired any time, and managers are less efficient. Comparatively low wages a QC work load. CPF needs good higher level employees to maintain the reputation.
Pros
Free dog food
Cons
Bad Management
Review
Very stressful management is not nice or understanding. The environment is not very friendly to be around the hours are too much 12 hours heavy lifting
Poor management and culture.
There are some great people there, unfortunately, the culture is toxic and there is no clear leadership, communication or direction. Management is concerned with themselves and not employees.
Only do it temporarily
If you want your efforts to go unnoticed this is the job for you.
Be warned management doesn't care about you they only care about saving their own butts, if you do get hired on cover your A.S.S. trust no one with a management position!
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Management dosen't care about you. HR department is a joke
Good job
Was a good place to work, good hours, good pay, good co-workers. I would have been happy to stay here for many years to come, but the Oakville plant was shut down last year.
Never the Same 2 day in a row
I liked dealing with the tenants or perspective tenants. Management was good to deal with as they would answer your inquires within a day or two. They treat the staff with respect
Pros
Free Barbeque
Cons
Irrate tenants
Easy workplace. Fun coworkers. Terrible management.
Very good job to keep you busy as long as your not looking for advancement. Coworkers are very friendly and willing to help. Management however is a joke. Constant problems with product due to lack of communication between team leads/supervisors. Making for more work for you ontop of what your doing. Expect you to bend over backwards for them and work ridiculous shifts at a moments notice. Only come here as a last resort.
Pros
Good benefits