Chamco Industries

Chamco Industries Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews

Business potential but poor systems and run

Some nice people to work with and the business has alot of potential, however the systems in place are counter productive and outdated. Work culture is back stab and finger point. The training available is always referenced but outdated to the systems and if you ask for clarification, office manager is too busy or deflects but will blame you for incorrect items. They promise a great place to be but the reality is not so rosy. My opinion

Pros

Some nice people, relaxed dress code

Cons

Time wasting systems, lack of training, poor work culture

Great improvements and brighter future

Being with the company for a few years I have seen noticeable improvements. In the beginning, I could understand the past reviews however, with the changes in management and the direction leadership is going there are a lot of improvements being made. The company is centralizing and there is room to grow. With this better branch management and communication throughout the company, I see growth and potential here.

Pros

leadership, on the up swing

Cons

Still some areas to improve

Stressful place to work

Office manager is horrible to work with and blames others for her mistakes. There is no training provided and if you ask for help they will tell you to look it up online.

Former employee

management was too high strung. I couldn't even go to the bathroom or have a conversation with a co-worker without being yelled at. They held company events though and had cake for birthdays

Pros

Social events

Great coworkers

Worked as a welder fitter on night shift leaned a lot finished my apprenticeship there great Forman and lead hands good company functions would recommend working there.

Great Place to Work

Enjoyed working at Chamco, they are a company that will teach you and help you excel. The company likes to make sure its employees are happy and make sure everyone is safe while doing their jobs.

Poor training, no company direction, incompetent management

Some of the personnel were grrmeay to work with but what trumped this was the complete lack of training from day one, terrible communication from management and horrible company direction. Chamco is a company that is a glossed over mom and pop organization with leadership that couldn't organize a children's birthday party. Where most companies look to the future and update policies, systems and culture. Chamco is stuck is 2009. Do yourself a favour and look elsewhere where you can learn and grow

Pros

Close to home, leaving work at the designated time

Cons

Incompetent management, old systems and policies, no organization structure

Poor Leadership and Lack of Training

The company on a regular basis will throw new employees who haven't been trained yet to perform tasks not even given to their most senior employees just to embarrass the new employee. When asking leaders for assistance most do not know, or will outright refuse to give assistance. Most co-workers feel the lack of leadership, but no one says a thing due to the HIGH turn over of employees in the company and fear of losing their job. The expectation of having to kiss up to the managers is downright degrading for anyone who was told they would be trained in the position.The team will do the best they can to help one another, but its a general statement of a lack of training even for 5-year veteran employees. There really isn't anyone who has been around longer than that cause they cut them all. I would recommend this position to someone with 20+years experience who would need no training in tasks to be performed as the pay isn't bad and the perks are good, but, if your someone who wants to learn and grow into a company this isn't the place for you.

Pros

Great co-workers who are Friendly.

Cons

Leadership has no clue, or doesn't care.

Poor management, disorganized and poor communications are all factors in my dissatisfaction.

I learned a lot in the half dozen years spent at Chamco but due to lack of communication and poor leadership it was a struggle. Bottom line is this is not a good place to work, high turnover, low morale.

Pros

Work independently, service truck to take home

Cons

Lack of direction, training and bonuses or even recognition. Too many politics

Great Place To Coast until your next opportunity

Great place to work if you like to coast through your work day without any chance for a raise or advancement. Self Reliant and self sufficient work attitude required as there is minimal manger support and direction given. Disorganized and no clear scopes given for job need to self teach yourself most things in order to be successful. Benefits are decent , pay rate is not enough to keep anyone interested as there is a very high amount of turnover. Good people to work with but very set in old ways.

Pros

Experience for future endeavors

Cons

No Training, No Advancement, No recognition for extra work, No Management Leadership

great place to learn

chamco is a great company to work for. great staff and a fun learning environment. lead hands are all willing to help you succeed in the trade of welding and I am one of the fortunate who worked there. I thank them all daily for giving me valuable skills in the trade.

Pros

free lunches, great people.

Great company

Chamco was a family friendly environment which taught me and provided me with skills to further my career in Administration and excel in my future endeavors.

Service Technician

The company is well managed .Instrumental in advancing my technical abilities. Great people to work for. The only issues were rate of pay and retirement plan was lower than current market value. I would work there again if the price was right.

Pros

Great job

Cons

rate of pay

All in all pretty good bunch of people to work with and for.

Pretty good bunch of guys to work with always busy just the way I liked it.Most of the time I worked by myself but sometimes I would need to get help umloading big plates or even just a spotter and they were always there to give me a hand.Worked with project managers,shop foreman and supervisor on a daily base sometimes it was hard and sometimes it was pretty good depend on the day as everyone has there day but I took it all in stride no worries.As long as I knew what was going on I did not have a problem or a conflict with anyone in the company as I got along with each and everyone I had to deal with.

Pros

bbqs and special functions always

Cons

working inside as it was to darn warm in the main shop

worked nights it sucked

low pay worked nights missed out on time with my child for what they paid definitely wasn't worth the time missed with my child

Pros

free coffee

Cons

low pay and night shift

Great company

Chamco provided me a great start to my earlier career goals. Chamco has done a great job retaining skilled staff and continues to be an industry leader in the Oil and Gas Market

ok

Benefits are pretty standard, but there is a huge turnover in Chamco because of its lack of training, communication and leadership.

Pros

mon to friday 8 to 5

Cons

no professional development, little training or communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chamco Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9