Chamco Industries Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Accountant/Branch Admin (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB5 November 2019
Enjoyed working at Chamco, they are a company that will teach you and help you excel. The company likes to make sure its employees are happy and make sure everyone is safe while doing their jobs.
Poor training, no company direction, incompetent management
Service (Former Employee) –  Chamco13 June 2019
Some of the personnel were grrmeay to work with but what trumped this was the complete lack of training from day one, terrible communication from management and horrible company direction. Chamco is a company that is a glossed over mom and pop organization with leadership that couldn't organize a children's birthday party. Where most companies look to the future and update policies, systems and culture. Chamco is stuck is 2009. Do yourself a favour and look elsewhere where you can learn and grow
Pros
Close to home, leaving work at the designated time
Cons
Incompetent management, old systems and policies, no organization structure
Poor management, disorganized and poor communications are all factors in my dissatisfaction.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton15 September 2017
I learned a lot in the half dozen years spent at Chamco but due to lack of communication and poor leadership it was a struggle. Bottom line is this is not a good place to work, high turnover, low morale.
Pros
Work independently, service truck to take home
Cons
Lack of direction, training and bonuses or even recognition. Too many politics
Great Place To Coast until your next opportunity
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 August 2017
Great place to work if you like to coast through your work day without any chance for a raise or advancement.
Self Reliant and self sufficient work attitude required as there is minimal manger support and direction given. Disorganized and no clear scopes given for job need to self teach yourself most things in order to be successful. Benefits are decent , pay rate is not enough to keep anyone interested as there is a very high amount of turnover. Good people to work with but very set in old ways.
Pros
Experience for future endeavors
Cons
No Training, No Advancement, No recognition for extra work, No Management Leadership
great place to learn
Fitter Welder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 January 2017
chamco is a great company to work for. great staff and a fun learning environment. lead hands are all willing to help you succeed in the trade of welding and I am one of the fortunate who worked there. I thank them all daily for giving me valuable skills in the trade.
Pros
free lunches, great people.
Great company
Reception/Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 December 2016
Chamco was a family friendly environment which taught me and provided me with skills to further my career in Administration and excel in my future endeavors.
Service Technician
Millwright/Welder (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC2 June 2016
The company is well managed .Instrumental in advancing my technical abilities. Great people to work for. The only issues were rate of pay and retirement plan was lower than current market value. I would work there again if the price was right.
Pros
Great job
Cons
rate of pay
All in all pretty good bunch of people to work with and for.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 February 2016
Pretty good bunch of guys to work with always busy just the way I liked it.Most of the time I worked by myself but sometimes I would need to get help umloading big plates or even just a spotter and they were always there to give me a hand.Worked with project managers,shop foreman and supervisor on a daily base sometimes it was hard and sometimes it was pretty good depend on the day as everyone has there day but I took it all in stride no worries.As long as I knew what was going on I did not have a problem or a conflict with anyone in the company as I got along with each and everyone I had to deal with.
Pros
bbqs and special functions always
Cons
working inside as it was to darn warm in the main shop
worked nights it sucked
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  Calgary ab28 May 2015
low pay worked nights missed out on time with my child for what they paid definitely wasn't worth the time missed with my child
Pros
free coffee
Cons
low pay and night shift
Great company
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary Alberta29 April 2014
Chamco provided me a great start to my earlier career goals.

Chamco has done a great job retaining skilled staff and continues to be an industry leader in the Oil and Gas Market
ok
shipper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 November 2012
Benefits are pretty standard, but there is a huge turnover in Chamco because of its lack of training, communication and leadership.
Pros
mon to friday 8 to 5
Cons
no professional development, little training or communication