Chambers Group of Companies

Chambers Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Canada29 reviews

Productive and fun workplace with great people

I’ve been with glen transport for 3 years now and in the trucking industry for 10 years and with all honesty I can say this company has been the best I have ever worked for. The management is supportive and easy to talk to which has been a very nice experience for me from what I have had to deal with in the past with previous employers. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for steady work with good wages also someone who wants to be part of a team that gets the job done.

Pros

Supportive management, good wages and nice equipment to work with

Now that I have the experience there I find the work is relatively easy. Tarps on trailer can be extremely difficult at times. Otherwise great place to work as far as I am concerned.

Enjoyed my time here

Worked at the shop with good people, felt appreciated most of the time. Enjoyed working overtime and making good money given the cost of living. Would definitely be working here still if I lived in the area. Made good friends and have good memories. Always have something good to say when people asked how it was here.

Pros

Cons

Shift work

Good Job, Good pay, Home every day

Glen Transport has a good training program to get you going in your Trucking career. Management is easy to work with and is helpful with scheduling. Glen Transport has Area managers that will come to you and help you in tough situations, chaining up, stuck, accidents, things of that nature. The job it self is easy and self motivated. You can earn more per hour with just being efficient at the job. This is one of few Trucking jobs that has you home every day with good pay. They offer Benefits and even a RRSP programs. Glen Transport was one of few company's that wasn't effected by the Covid19 shut downs and is continuing to support its drivers and employees through ought the Pandemic.

Pros

Benefits, good work enviroment

Cons

It can be 14 hours days (full log book hours)

Great place to start a driving career

Supportive employer to develop skills and knowledge. Culture of safety and respect for work/life/family balance. Consistent work, even during the COVID shutdown there was no shortage of work. Home every day and lots of opportunity to sign up for overtime and stat holidays when you can make some really good money. Sign on bonus was given as promised. 7.5% performance bonus bi-weekly. Trucks are all well maintained and replaced every two years. I would recommend this employer to new or experienced drivers.

Pros

See above

Cons

Usual challenges of trucking

All around great place to work

For a class one driver to be able to be at home everyday that is a definite up side. The management is great to work with they will do their best to accommodate to most things equipment is always taken care of and great people to work with. All in all great place to be specially if you have a family the company is very compassionate about you getting home safely to your family

Pros

Home everyday, and mostly driving

Cons

Wait times at some mills

Very low stress and management is super easy to deal with.

Management is worker centric. They can't fulfill every workers request but from what I've experienced they honestly try to accommodate people as much as they can. Very relaxed peaceful atmosphere. Management personable and very approachable. The job runs round the clock so you have to be aware that that is the nature of the game. I would recommend this as a great place to work.

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere

Cons

Shift work

Decent Company. Good equipment. Management cooperative and understanding

Good trucking company to work for. Busy pace yet safety is their priority. Home daily. Decent pay. Steady consistent work.Drivers rarely need to do maintenance or repairs. They take care of it or coordinate it with minimal effort on the driver's part

Pros

Flexiblity

Cons

Can be long hours on bad weather days but that's trucking

Best Job I’ve ever had

For large companies DCT is the best I’ve had the pleasure to work for, I’m not just a number, the ability to speak with management at any time goes a long way. Good Benifits, home every day, and decent pay.

Don’t work there!!

First of all have to train in the truck for 5 to 7 days after getting the job with garbage pay they say they have a sighing on bonus for 1000$ never received it after being there for 2 years got disappointed had to work every holiday and every second weekend all there trucks are auto get stuck all the time in the winter and stuck in a line up at the pulp mill for 8 hrs with 12$ an hr pay and no load included just overall a bad place to work with minimum pay and poor management!

Pros

Got paid

Cons

Long hrs work holidays no family with garbage pay

Great company to work for - Lots of job security

They may not pay as much as the big north jobs, but I found the high paying away jobs always come to an end.At DCT I made more when the year was over then I did working big paying shift work

Pros

Job security, good pay and benefits

Cons

Can be long hours but I think that is to be expected in trucking

Relaxed

The Office was a friendly and happy environment! The on job training was a little lacking but everything was easy enough to pick up after a couple weeks. Most employees were happy to be there and were a friendly face to see each day. Management was easy going and helpful. The truckers weren't so great to deal with as most truckers aren't. I handled almost all complaint calls which were easy enough but you need a tough skin to listen to all the profanities other truck drivers screamed over the phone. Fridays were always snack days and the office rotated who brought snacks. Over all a good job and enjoyable environment!

Pros

snacks, relaxed, safety day

Cons

truckers

Fast paced

Nothing to say, job wasn't for me, it was a little stressful to make good money you had to be in a hurry most of your shift, your shift time changed weekly which was also hard to get used to

Restful overworked underpaid

Found myself being bullied, overworked underpaid stressful Miss organized mismanaged not a fun place to work. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing

Pros

4days on 4days off

Cons

Not a great place to work

I never knew where the truck was going to be parked by the last shift. Sometimes the trailer I was delegated to was not usually the one that I pulled. Sometimes it was. Finding the trailer was a chore if I had to find the right trailer. Inevitably someone else took the trailer I was designated to. I’d have to find the right trailer and it was at the end a “led sled”. Meaning no air-bags. Once I came to work and I could not find the truck I normally used. The manager took it upon himself to let another driver use it because his truck was in the shop??

Pros

Few

Cons

Some decent equipment but not to new drivers

Its a good job aslong as your aware of what it entails beforehand.

I liked working here as a driver, good colleagues and management aren't bad people. They offer good training to improve your driving if needed. I would certainly go back if i could.

Pros

Weekends off mostly and stats but overtime is sometimes available but not compulsory.

Cons

Can be long hours and horrible driving conditions.

the absolute worst job ive ever had management are complete liars

they lie to you just to get you behind the wheel no job security absolute con artists in management.they ask you to do unsafe procedures if you refuse you get terrible shifts. they dont pay you for extra time like break downs etc.

Great company

Great company to work for and to be able to obtain experience..Professional management and easily approachable. Would work there again if the opportunity arose..

Great team

I REALLY appreciated working for this company as they gave me a chance to learn to drive Super B's and they DEFINITELY are SAFETY oriented and back it with incentives and awards!! Way to go TEAM at LFL!!!!

Pros

Newer Automatic Trucks

Cons

Short-term employment

this is a job

The position pays decently for the area if you are willing to put in the 70 hour works weeks. the income is normally stable except for exceptional circumstances where there is no coverage for lack of work. The company management in Vernon is very much run on the philosphy that what makes life easiest for then is best even if it hurts the company bottom line and front line workers and this can provide a serious stress point if you have not got the correct attitude. In short if you areb looking for a company that cares, or a career look elsewhere. if you are looking for a decent paying job in the okanagan or kootenays and are willing to work hard and do as you are told without thinking too much then this is the job for you for sure. I for instance am perfectly happy at dct.

control freaks

worst place to work ever. long hours to make what they say you will. home every day but too burned out to do anything. no support from management. All they are interested in is themselves. very controlling head office as well. they really live up to their nicname dirt cheap trucking. stay away at all cost.

Pros

Cons

have to put in long hours to make what they say

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chambers Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement