Chambers Group of Companies

Chambers Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Canada50 reviews

truckshiftlonghourgoodpaydaytime

Low rates, steady work

They have great management and dispatch crews but the work is boring and routes are limited on Vancouver Island.The rates are garbage.The work is super steady.

Pros

Steady Work

Cons

Low rates

Steady year round work

Very flexiable new equipment dispatch is decent can’t complain. Willing to work with you. Good pay but could be better. Hardest part is learning mills

Benefits

Cons

12-14 hour days

Insights into Chambers Group of Companies

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Do not work here

Do not work here will say anything to get you in the seat and blow smoke up your a** to keep you pay is not worth putting your socks on for. They give you all the promises and don’t follow through. It’s where hopes dreams and ambition goes to die

Old equipment

I work for DCT in Hinton Alberta. Lots of work with your equipment is not up to par. Management was okay in Hinton . And slip seating was mandatory and most times the driver you were slip seating with was late and you're always sitting there waiting.

Pros

Alot of hours

Cons

Old equipment and slip seating

Work hard, enjoy the sites.

You start off with a week of paid training and get onto driving alone. Do not be afraid to call someone for help, be that on the radio or phone. This job has a learning curve that takes most people weeks, months or in some cases years. Management helps the best they can, they are willing to work with you on making your job better. Trucks are well maintained, trailers are upwards of 25 years old in some cases.

Pros

Beautiful sights, good management, stable work.

Cons

14 hour days, Unpaid waiting time up to 45 minutes, long lines at the mills.

Steady work, easy to learn friendly co workers and managers

Good job, really enjoy the work, scenic drive, tractor units are good, some trailers are old. Split shift so it’s days and nights. You can come to an agreement with your x shift if you want to stay on a certain shift otherwise you just switch every week.

Western midstream

Work at Western Midstream edmonton is not steady or consistent like management says it is and there is a fair amount of waiting time which is not factor into the trip rate. Units are slip seated and during your two weeks on you will have to slip seat again do to the wet lease they have with the dealership for maintenance. Runs are 15 hours days when there is work and trucks are governor to 100kms hour. I left do to lack of work.

Ok place to work.

Company was always on the lower end of the pay scale. Worked 12plus hour shifts, trucks are double shifted kind of set our own start times as a live floor driver. Paid by trip rate so if want to make a decent pay cheque it was always go go go no dodling around. Work life balance was non existent ! On the plus side it was never a problem taking as much time off as you wanted. The direct supervisors were pretty good to work with they understood what the drivers had to deal with on a daily basis, the upper management really wanted nothing to do with the drivers and the dispatch really wanted nothing to do with the drivers, dispatch was definitely the worst part of the job! The company has a very high turn over of drivers so you were always dealing with a new cross shift. Not a terrible job if your close to retirement or a new driver looking to get some OTR experience .long days lots of hours for below average pay.

Not what I thought I was geting

Hit or miss on work for that day. I was not treated every well everyday .They were back stabbers who threw safety out the door. . They worked when they wanted to I can say that much

Pros

They washed there trucks

Cons

Watch or back

Now that I have the experience there I find the work is relatively easy. Tarps on trailer can be extremely difficult at times. Otherwise great place to work as far as I am concerned.

Enjoyed my time here

Worked at the shop with good people, felt appreciated most of the time. Enjoyed working overtime and making good money given the cost of living. Would definitely be working here still if I lived in the area. Made good friends and have good memories. Always have something good to say when people asked how it was here.

Pros

Cons

Shift work

Good Job, Good pay, Home every day

Glen Transport has a good training program to get you going in your Trucking career. Management is easy to work with and is helpful with scheduling. Glen Transport has Area managers that will come to you and help you in tough situations, chaining up, stuck, accidents, things of that nature. The job it self is easy and self motivated. You can earn more per hour with just being efficient at the job. This is one of few Trucking jobs that has you home every day with good pay. They offer Benefits and even a RRSP programs. Glen Transport was one of few company's that wasn't effected by the Covid19 shut downs and is continuing to support its drivers and employees through ought the Pandemic.

Pros

Benefits, good work enviroment

Cons

It can be 14 hours days (full log book hours)

Productive and fun workplace with great people

I’ve been with glen transport for 3 years now and in the trucking industry for 10 years and with all honesty I can say this company has been the best I have ever worked for. The management is supportive and easy to talk to which has been a very nice experience for me from what I have had to deal with in the past with previous employers. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for steady work with good wages also someone who wants to be part of a team that gets the job done.

Pros

Supportive management, good wages and nice equipment to work with

All around great place to work

For a class one driver to be able to be at home everyday that is a definite up side. The management is great to work with they will do their best to accommodate to most things equipment is always taken care of and great people to work with. All in all great place to be specially if you have a family the company is very compassionate about you getting home safely to your family

Pros

Home everyday, and mostly driving

Cons

Wait times at some mills

Very low stress and management is super easy to deal with.

Management is worker centric. They can't fulfill every workers request but from what I've experienced they honestly try to accommodate people as much as they can. Very relaxed peaceful atmosphere. Management personable and very approachable. The job runs round the clock so you have to be aware that that is the nature of the game. I would recommend this as a great place to work.

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere

Cons

Shift work

Decent Company. Good equipment. Management cooperative and understanding

Good trucking company to work for. Busy pace yet safety is their priority. Home daily. Decent pay. Steady consistent work.Drivers rarely need to do maintenance or repairs. They take care of it or coordinate it with minimal effort on the driver's part

Pros

Flexiblity

Cons

Can be long hours on bad weather days but that's trucking

Best Job I’ve ever had

For large companies DCT is the best I’ve had the pleasure to work for, I’m not just a number, the ability to speak with management at any time goes a long way. Good Benifits, home every day, and decent pay.

Overall Great place to work

Work is always consistent and equipment is in great shape. Mostly Kenworth T800 with 58" bunk and Peterbilt 567 with 68" bunk that are full service leased. They strive on the safe operation even when they are under pressure by the customer to make the loads. They want to be sure you are always loaded at max without exceeding the legal limit. They want to be sure you are well rested, yet efficient. Great communication from all aspects from dispatch right through to upper management. Overall great company to work for.

Pros

Consistent work, great pay, well maintained equipment

Cons

Long orientation process

Don’t work there!!

First of all have to train in the truck for 5 to 7 days after getting the job with garbage pay they say they have a sighing on bonus for 1000$ never received it after being there for 2 years got disappointed had to work every holiday and every second weekend all there trucks are auto get stuck all the time in the winter and stuck in a line up at the pulp mill for 8 hrs with 12$ an hr pay and no load included just overall a bad place to work with minimum pay and poor management!

Pros

Got paid

Cons

Long hrs work holidays no family with garbage pay

Great company to work for - Lots of job security

They may not pay as much as the big north jobs, but I found the high paying away jobs always come to an end.At DCT I made more when the year was over then I did working big paying shift work

Pros

Job security, good pay and benefits

Cons

Can be long hours but I think that is to be expected in trucking

Relaxed

The Office was a friendly and happy environment! The on job training was a little lacking but everything was easy enough to pick up after a couple weeks. Most employees were happy to be there and were a friendly face to see each day. Management was easy going and helpful. The truckers weren't so great to deal with as most truckers aren't. I handled almost all complaint calls which were easy enough but you need a tough skin to listen to all the profanities other truck drivers screamed over the phone. Fridays were always snack days and the office rotated who brought snacks. Over all a good job and enjoyable environment!

Pros

snacks, relaxed, safety day

Cons

truckers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chambers Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement