Play YouTube video button
Challenger Motor Freight Inc.
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Challenger Motor Freight Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada125 reviews
Featured review
Challenger Motor Freight Inc. selected this as a representative review
Great company!
One of the best trucking company I have had the privilege to work with. Only reason I left was family reasons. Great people, great pay, great equipment.

Their new driver training program is also one of the top 3 in Canada. They go above and beyond for Thier employees.

I guess you can say : "they go the distance"
Pros
New equipment, great pay package options, benefits, great people
Cons
Other people may have different experience than I but to me there were no cons.
Great people to work for
This company trains you to all that is available . Big on job safety , MTO adherence . They are family oriented, easy to approach company picnics with families.
Pros
You can choose long haul, or day cab, partner driving or solo.
Cons
? Never had any.
Good place to start
Good starting point for a career in driving. Poor wages and nothing to help for a drivers future. Pension, rrsp, etc.
I have a great dedicated Toyota run.
it was a job,
I do not wish to comment on my time at this company, I would not want things getting back to anyone, I thank them for the opportunity and that is all I have to say
Productive and fun place to work
I'm proud to work at Challenger. They have a great reputation among customers and customs brokers. We have a lot of fun in the office. The hardest part of the job is that it's very demanding and fast paced. It can be stressful at times.
Not at this time
Early days long weeks pay was average good management comfortable work culture freedom on the road and able to remain out there for an extended period to time.
bonne environnement de travail
bonne place a travailler si un chauffeur es productif il son reconnescent
Cons
assurance complete
Working at Challenger was a excellent experience. They were kind and friendly and i felt like part of a family. I would recommend working for them .
My experience working with Challenger was great. Dispatch was knowledgable kind and helpful. The owner was present and frequently had barbeques and was available to talk with. Equipment was new and modern. Maitanence was thorough and well managed. I would recommend this company to everyone.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Challenger Motor Freight Inc.?
Ok
Ok. Great place to work. People are friendly. Managers are good. Good place to work. Shop guys are always friendly. Would work here again in i lived closer
Pros
Lots
Cons
Best company ever worked for
I am working with challenger about an year now.Really like working with them.
No forced dispatch.

24*7 dispatch .

Dedicated work

Get paid for every extra job

Get paid for waitings, live loads unloads,

Customs waiting (if any)
make back up better
Challenger is a well-known company as I can learn systematically to be an excellent truck driver. Although I did not work long time, I have learned many skills and experience.
It was a temporary job
As it was just temporary. I ended just working there for 2 months. Everyone got along so made things alot easier. I felt relaxed while doing the job. Was pretty easy.
Long Haul Driver
I worked in the oil patch for many years never any appreciation for working hard in all extremely cold and hot weather.
I come to Challenger and been here almost 11 months and have never looked back. Great office staff in both East and West. Their number one priority is our safety. This company wants you to make as much money as you can but reminding you not to put your family second.
Too much BS
You would think going into a great managed company with an owner that build something from nothing felt more in tune with his core base of the business. Yes the drivers. Somewhere along the path of success the company went from driver friendly to total ridiculous. The review process sucks the life out of the drivers sails, the culture of superiority is ingrained in wasteful technical BS,
Negotiation is key
Typical: Communication with carriers to ensure on time service is being met, continuing to work with carriers to be 100% compliant with Challengers requirements
Learned: How to broker loads and do what is necessary to earn desired margin amounts, how to run intermodal operations, how to negotiate with people

Hardest part: negotiating and calling people out when it something doesn't sound right, im too much of a trusting person

Enjoyable: working with a great bunch of people
Explanation of my position
Good place to work. Office has moved locations since I worked there! It is a fast paced environment. I did data entry for driver logs. Inputting information from paper logs into their own computer programs.
They look out for their own
Challenger, on the outside looking in is great but when you start working there, it is horrible. Except for maybe 2 people, everyone else is difficult to work with.
It is a mixed bag.
Company is mindful about safety and invest much in training & re-training of drivers to improve safety.
They also have a functional workshop that do all to keep vehicles in good shape.
A good place to work. People there were friendly and helpful for the most part. The hardest part of this job is the time away from home even though it was only 5-6 days away at a time, it becomes difficult to be away as your children grow.
I would recommend Challenger Motor Freight to anyone interested in a long haul AZ trucking opportunity
I would recommend Challenger Motor Freight to anyone interested in a long haul AZ driving position. Their equipment is newer and well maintained. They have many miles available for van division, temperature controlled division and flat bed.
Good fun place to work
Its a good place to get your foot in the door in the trucking industry. Their training program is top notch and will teach you everything you need to succeed. The team behind you either being your dispatcher, safety team, or training department are always there for you when you need them.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Challenger Motor Freight Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.