Challenger Geomatics

Challenger Geomatics Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
Poor management styles. No encouragement, only belittle you for not knowing exactly what they want without any instruction. Not a good vibe in the office. Lots of complaints about certain manager.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Arrogant supervisor who, if he didn't like you, never gave you work to do.
This company definitely had the lowest amount of professionalism of all companies I've worked for to date. They tell you they are all about family, that is unless you have a family illness and need time of, then when its time to go back to work you will discover you have been replaced and not informed of it. They will tell you its just slow and sit you. There is also a huge amount of favoritsm at this company and it is nearly impossible to break the cracks to get in there. The pay and benefits are very competitive, but don't let that fool ya, work is not always about the money.
Pros
There are none
Cons
More than I can list
family orientated company, was fun to work with, unless you got on the bad side of the A.L.S in which case hours disappeared real quick. Constantly contradicting himself, and not afraid to turn down work to lessen the hours of people he got mad at.
I'm not in a position where I feel comfortable reviewing this company at this time. If things change in the future, I would like the opportunity to come back to this again.
I really enjoyed working with everyone there. It was a very friendly workplace. Everyone liked to stop and talk and have fun. I really loved working there.
Enjoyed working for them, got to learn lot of experience and made good money.. working on project sites are good and steady. Hardest part of the job for me was really early mornings.
Challenger built on client satisfaction and service. They also offer a very generous performance bonus in the good years.
Challenger has a dedicated team of professionals who have successfully executed survey and mapping projects in western Canada and across the North

Employees at every level of the Company are responsible and accountable for health and safety performance

Challenger supports, participates in, and is dedicated to research, education, and promotion of health and safety both on and off the job
Gained a ton of field experience with Challenger.
Learned how to perform and complete various types of surveys from highly trained and educated individuals.

Management was very organized and helpful

Co workers were mostly great people and fun to work with.

Hardest part of the job was being on the road for unforeseen amounts of time.

I really enjoyed the mixture of jobs. From helicopter-in oil well jobs to snowmobile heave monitoring, i had many great experiences.
Pros
lots of different jobs and good experience
Cons
pay was fairly low
Challenger had a very "at home" feel to it. You could be candid with your bosses, and they seemed to respect your input. Work was not entirely consistent, but it was well presented and the office staff does a good job of providing important information to do your job, and the equipment necessary.

They were very flexible with personal usage of company trucks as well.

My negative experiences with Challenger were based on two factors: The work they have isn't always desirable. It wasn't often we were given jobs that wouldn't wear you down quickly. Expect a lot of long hours and long days.

My second negative experience was in relation to benefits. Before being laid off, I was advised that I was eligible for certain employee benefits, and would be paid out that additional income in addition to the severance they offered me prior to being laid off. When the time came to receive my severance, they advised me that the additional funds I was "previously eligible for" was not paid out because I was no longer an employee, and therefore ineligible for that benefit.
Pros
Home feel, good office support, good equipment
Cons
Long hours, questionable ethics on HR policies.